Whats the deal with Asians being so uptight about interracial dating?

Old school Chinese folk are probably some of the most racist people on this planet
laugh.gif
smh.gif
My parents would NEVER accept me dating a black girl. I've donethe whole hypothetical question thing too and I've come to the conclusion that mom would be cool if the girl was Asian and pops would be cool only if shewas straight up Chinese. I think mom would be chill with a white girl too for some reason. I don't see why though.

Another semi-related topic... Barack Obama
laugh.gif
. I remember being in Hong Kong in 2006 and the topic of the next president came up during a dinner with somerelatives. These aren't some stupid, ignorant folk either. My extended family in HK are pretty educated and very wealthy. When I mentioned that I thoughtthat Obama would be great as the next president and that I felt he had a shot, I got laughed at. They just flat out refused to believe there could be a blackAmerican president. I asked them why and they were adamant that a black man would never be able to run a country like the US.
ohwell.gif

my parents are cool with it. im 100% chinese and i had a white girlfriend before (straight up blond cali type too) and they were cool cus she had a"好心"or good heart

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Here's two tips

1. kill em with kindness. prove em wrong about you
2. even when you're upset...that's not an excuse for being racist.

and not all asians families are racist... some are...some aren't...
my two sister's are both married with kids to minorities...one to a guyanese...one to a cuban.

just like you don't want to be stereotyped as a black man...don't stereotype asians

QFT

Originally Posted by den1se

asian parents are the meanest. they say the most..
mad.gif
things .. things u cannot imagine that they would say to a child. =/ i've been threatened to be disowned if i married a black dude. n i've been threatened to be kicked out ... and no matter how well i do in school.. im talking about my GPA range being 3.8 - 4.0 , i still get called stupid..
eyes.gif
therefore asian parents are the worse. im chinese n viet.
That's another issue right there. I've noticed that, no matter how beautiful the girl is, an Asian mom will call her fat and/or uglysometimes too. I know in a lot of black families parents tend to gas their daughters up like crazy. A lot of those threats are empty though (not saying allparents won't really carry them out) but at the end of the day you have to do what makes YOU happy, and if your parents love you, they'll still bethere for you. It always frustrated me how much ADULT Asian women fear their parents, it's like their brainwashed.

my parents only want to see me marry white or filipino. i say that's too damn bad for them because i'm not really attracted to either.
tired.gif

yeah I had an ex who was asian and his father would never speak to me. i HATE/D goin over there because approaching them would be soooo awkward; the walk ofshame was mission impossible f'real. the mom likes me, but idk, i have to be with someone whose family I can love openly since I don't have much of afamily of my own.
ohwell.gif
interracial dating ftw though!

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

Originally Posted by den1se

asian parents are the meanest. they say the most..
mad.gif
things .. things u cannot imagine that they would say to a child. =/ i've been threatened to be disowned if i married a black dude. n i've been threatened to be kicked out ... and no matter how well i do in school.. im talking about my GPA range being 3.8 - 4.0 , i still get called stupid..
eyes.gif
therefore asian parents are the worse. im chinese n viet.
That's another issue right there. I've noticed that, no matter how beautiful the girl is, an Asian mom will call her fat and/or ugly sometimes too. I know in a lot of black families parents tend to gas their daughters up like crazy. A lot of those threats are empty though (not saying all parents won't really carry them out) but at the end of the day you have to do what makes YOU happy, and if your parents love you, they'll still be there for you. It always frustrated me how much ADULT Asian women fear their parents, it's like their brainwashed.

yeahh its true ahaha well i get called fat n ugly on the daily from ma mom.. and my parents made clear that if i married someone who's black ( which imattracted to majority of the time, there are exceptions )
embarassed.gif
thenthey would disown me. my cousins are like 19, and another one is 21 and they still fear their parents lol the one thats 21 feels major guilt everytime she liesto her dad about something small.
roll.gif

I'm black and I have had sexual relations with quite a few asian women. One time I saw this asian girl i smashed with her parents helping her move into hernew dorm. The entire time I was thinking to myself "Damn if they knew their daughter was in college getting ravaged by black dudes, the disappointmentwould be too much to bare." They were really traditional too, at least that's the vibe I got.

I don't think my parents really care, so long as she makes me happy. I'm asian btw.

HHMM I've never had a problem with any of the asian men I've dated families, or they just faked it real well.
My best friends family won't let her date anyone but white men, but I take it they shouldn't have raised her in a predominately black/hispanic area ifthey really wanted to accomplish that.

I was a pretty "bad" kid and she changed me for the bette
you threw me of since you painted yourself as a model person in the first paragraph
eyes.gif

smh.gif
@ being in love after 5 months

i have experienced this before too.

i've had asian girls tell me that their parents would disown them if they ever came home with a black dude.

they want to talk to black dudes, but can't.

pain was felt.

Back
Top Bottom