Whats up with these pop up ads

Are you getting Pop up ads?

• Total voters
Bump.

Pop-ups going crazy on me on NT MOBILE.

I know i’m not the only one.
You're not the only one. I've run into them myself and it's incredibly obnoxious.

I'm passing all reports along to the team as soon as they come in. Screen shots are helpful in identifying the sources.

With all of the ad blocking tech out there these days, allowing ads to run is a choice, and it's only thanks to those of you who've made that choice that NikeTalk is able to continue operating.

It's our job to make sure that the resulting ads are safe and appropriate for all audiences. Here, we've clearly let you down and for that I apologize.

Bump and it seems to follow me to other sites?

Attachments

• AFC818D7-E517-4386-91D0-1D3F8BEF8099.png
    AFC818D7-E517-4386-91D0-1D3F8BEF8099.png
    342.5 KB · Views: 6
It was happening a lot to me this afternoon. Now it's not bad but earlier it was OD. That's why I use pop up blocker sometimes no disrespect

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing these. We're literally down to only one ad network, Google, to try and block these ads. Clearly, a security exploit was discovered that needs to be addressed by ad networks and developers.

Do you guys remember what pages, superficially, you were browsing when these redirects appeared? Front page, inside a thread, your PM inbox?

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing these. We're literally down to only one ad network, Google, to try and block these ads. Clearly, a security exploit was discovered that needs to be addressed by ad networks and developers.

Do you guys remember what pages, superficially, you were browsing when these redirects appeared? Front page, inside a thread, your PM inbox?

Inside a thread. I remember a few times the redirect hit right when I was about to press on the reply box.

Thanks, I ran into one earlier today as well.

These only seem to appear for iOS users, so I've asked the team to see if we can disable ads for iOS users entirely until the ad networks/Apple can address this exploit.

It's an extreme step, but this is not an issue we take lightly and "these ads are all over the Internet right now" is not a valid excuse. Our standard is not "other sites." Our standard is doing right by our fellow community members.

I was in the food thread on Sat night...kept getting redirected.

I was in the food thread on Sat night...kept getting redirected.
Yeah, it was much worse on Saturday. The team turned off all networks but one to try and isolate the issue - and it helped, but it hasn't solved the problem entirely.

Since it only seems to occur for iOS users, I'm hoping we can address the problem from that angle.

Yeah, it was much worse on Saturday. The team turned off all networks but one to try and isolate the issue - and it helped, but it hasn't solved the problem entirely.

Since it only seems to occur for iOS users, I'm hoping we can address the problem from that angle.

I'm an iOS user and haven't had any issues since Sunday. Appreciate all the work that goes into this behind the scenes.

73A67654-C3FF-47FD-94EC-B95D066E556A.png

All weekend into this morning. So hard for me to scroll down a thread without it popping up

I'm on android and been getting it. Will make sure to ss next time it happens.

Last 3-4 days, "Warning........Warning."

Mobile NT

Samsung Internet Browser
I’m sorry to hear that you’re still encountering these.

If it happens again, please do share screen shots with us so that I’ll have something substantive to share with our team that could help them track down the source.

They have been annoying as hell lately, I had to switch to using the Brave browser for NT, which I usually use Chrome for so I won't block the ads for charity.

I'll take a screen shot next time, but I'm on mobile using chrome and they randomly pop up when I'm reading threads

Back
Top Bottom