What's With All The Hype...?

The XI's are definitely top three or two in design for me. The cool greys are prolly the sickest colorway, then the space jams, then concords as far as theXI's go. Still tryna get a pair of the cool greys. Funny how I've never had the chance to get a pair of XI's so this holiday season will b big forme with the Space Jams comin back out!

thanks for the replies just wanted to see what heads thought about this controversial classic. What I will say in defense of the sneaker unlike some jordanmodels is that it's value whether it be purely aesthetic or not can be seen immediately. Quite frankly my favorite Jordan is the V I'm only 19 but assome may or may not know I've been on NT a while. I'm a young vet. I love the old stuff but am very accepting of the new. Of course everything issubject to personal opinion and I respect you all for yours. Thanks for the discourse.

John Conyers

especially when they yellow
smh.gif

It's funny cuz I've alway's thought the same thing. I love the cool gray's, the columbia's and the space jam's most, but other than thepatent leather and the clear soles (which end up being the worst part of the shoe over time) the XI's aren't all that comfy, not all that great to hoopin, and are the hardest Jordan to keep up and those soles only stay icey if you don't wear them. In turn it's a simple and sleek lookin' shoe,it's eye catching and yes it's very much overly hyped. It is a good looking shoe, but most def not the best. III's thru VII's are the best.

My first favorite were the VI's then when JOrdan came back and started wearing the X's the Chicago colorway to me were the sickest I really think thatif that colorway would have been released that shoe woild have been getting more love and then the XI's and then the XIII's.

i'm almost 30 years old and i was in high school when the XI's came out. the hype is justified. i remember watching rap city at the time and literallyevery rapper in every video had a pair of XI's. during the mid-90's, hip hop took a turn towards high-fashion and extreme bling--e.g., biggie smallsrattling off designer names like versace in every verse--and the XI perfectly captured that turn towards luxury items. the XI was so damn classy, it madeanybody who bought a pair feel like he was buying a yacht and sipping cristal.

Originally Posted by jerseycityboy201

yea i totally agree i mean i got the CDP to complete my collection but there not worth the hype i might jus cop the spacejams tho

yea because thats the cdps......go get a pair of 00 space jams and see if you feel the same way....

i feel you bro..i remember my friend back in 1997,he hated this shoe design(Jordan XI),yes he hates it,he said,shoe is too shiny(LOL),NOW,he's the no.1 fanof the shoe design.ME,i love all the Jordans(I-XXIII),the only one i had the 2nd thought copping it back then was the XV's,its all good though,

it's the sleek styling of the shoe. it's very elegant and pleasing to the eye. the materials used and the impact the shoe had when it dropped.

the xi's arent over rated theyre a great shoe and it was the first bball shoe to have patent leather on it,

freechef- best analogy i've heard for this thread.

the xi's changed the way we look at sneakers and set the tone for every sneaker proceeding it. it was the only sneaker that not only brought out the goodin each of us, but it also showed the ugly side of the game as well. cats were dying behind these kicks, being beat up and robbed. it was reflective of thekind of era we were in.

The XI is just a great looking shoe. The Concords are possibly the best-looking shoes ever imo, the sleekness of the patent, the mesh uppers, and they lookabsolutely fresh with a nice icy sole. I myself prefer the XII to the XI, but I can see why everyone likes the XI as much as they do. It also performs well onthe court and is overall really comfy

Originally Posted by wasitthechad

I have been an Air Jordan Connoisseur for the majority of my life and for as long as I can remember I can't seem to understand why everyone is so high on the XI's. The Cool Grey's are the BEST IMO but even then I can think of so many other Jordans that I'd rather shell out money for, look at, and/or wear. Can someone, anyone please help me understand the obsession with this sneaker. I mean dont get me wrong of course I own multiple pair my collection wouldn't be complete with out them. But by no means is it the greatest Jordan ever. Thoughts.

Personally, I own more XII's and XIII's. I do like XI's, but I feel where you're at on this. They are nice shoes, and I love some of mine, butI feel you.

definately not overrated imo. You gotta realize how sweet those shoes breds and concords looked with those bulls uni's back in the day. fire. definatelynot overrated.

Back
Top Bottom