Whats with females not wanting to share their husbands last name, though?

I'll take the last name, no biggie--plus I want my family to all have the same name (husband, kids, etc.)

Now professionally, it'll be whatever I publish under first. So, if I get my phd before I get married...I'll always go as Dr. Brown. If it happensAFTERWARDS, then it'll be Dr.___

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

roll.gif
roll.gif
saving up all your dough for a chanel bag. best believe when that man comes with the ring and the check she gonna be fryin up the best bacon known to man happy she got a bag, fallin right into place of the gender roles she so fights so intensely.
I don't get what's so funny? I'm also saving up for other things too. How do you buy stuff if you don't save for it, I don'tbelieve in spending money you don't have. And I don't want anyone to get me a bag or anything, I want to know that I got it on my own & that meansa lot to me.

If she refused to take my name then the entire thing would be over. No need to be with a female with that type of mindset. Women like that will divorce you andleave you in a heartbeat.

Neither here nor there, but the Chanel jumbo flap in caviar leather is one you hand down to your granddaughters
pimp.gif
I wouldn't mind owning a vintageChanel piece.

^ lol this has nothing to do with with thread but I'm willing to spend how ever much. For certain designer bags it is worth it for many reasons, like forthe bag I want it's a classic chanel bag that has been around for years & is timeless. Another good reason is that the prices never go down in factthey increase so if anything bad were to happen and I needed to sell the bag I could make a big profit. But I'm getting it because I love it and it willmean so much to me to own it, I value all my things whether it's cheap or expensive.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

^ lol this has nothing to do with with thread but I'm willing to spend how ever much. For certain designer bags it is worth it for many reasons, like for the bag I want it's a classic chanel bag that has been around for years & is timeless. Another good reason is that the prices never go down in fact they increase so if anything bad were to happen and I needed to sell the bag I could make a big profit. But I'm getting it because I love it and it will mean so much to me to own it, I value all my things whether it's cheap or expensive.
You know it is a waste of $ deep down inside. Just trying to find ways to convince yourself that it is a justified purchase.

Same way dudes spend $160 on shoes.

If you have to save up for a purse, it ain't worth it. Hope you and your man don't have $ issues in the future because that is the type of stuff thatcan be a dealbreaker.

^ It honestly isn't a waste for me, it has been a dream of mine to own that bag and I will. And I like to save up for everything expensive or not, I'mnot going into debt.

Priorities, priorities. A dream to own a purse? Never heard that one before. Pretty sad if you think about it.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking. I assume you are young with this mindset.

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

Actually he's going on 20.

So you honestly respect a man that is willing to indirectly submit to you by taking your last name?

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

I just called my boyfriend though and asked him would he take my last name and guess what he said.

"HELL YEAH! Anything that's yours is mine. That would just make us closer."

Of course I told him no though, I just wanted to see what he was going to say.

but you're 16. So i would guess your bf is under 18. What he thinks doesnt matter. Hes not a man yet, hes a boy

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Priorities, priorities. A dream to own a purse? Never heard that one before. Pretty sad if you think about it.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking. I assume you are young with this mindset.
laugh.gif
That isn't my only dream, I have many. And it's more then just a purse to me but you wouldn't understand that so there is nopoint in discussing it with you.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Men have dream cars and boats and other toys, let us have our damn purses.
At least they serve more than cosmetic purposes though. LOL. A purse is simply an accessory and a name brand purse serves the purpose of showingstatus. So essentially, you are paying to show off. You will deny it of course because you have to justify your purchase but that is all name brand stuff is.SHowing off.

I am sure it isn't your only dream but to hear someone say it has been a dream of mine to own a purse just sounds funny.
laugh.gif

"if you rely on the money you earn to make you happy by buying stuff, then I think that you are living a life of meaninglessness."

Men have dream cars and boats and other toys, let us have our damn purses.
At least they serve more than cosmetic purposes though. LOL. A purse is simply an accessory and a name brand purse serves the purpose of showing status. So essentially, you are paying to show off. You will deny it of course because you have to justify your purchase but that is all name brand stuff is. SHowing off.

I am sure it isn't your only dream but to hear someone say it has been a dream of mine to own a purse just sounds funny.
laugh.gif
Of course it's silly. And it's not a dream to own a purse, it's a dream to own a *certain* purse. Delicious, beautiful purse. It maybe a simple purpose, but it's an important one. I carry my life in this bag
roll.gif
I don't need to justify any of my purchases, although I am very good at it
laugh.gif
and you can't tell me guys don't show off in their own ways, either. Although honestly, no one in MN cares what the hell kind of bag I'm wearing. RM, my brand of choice at the moment, doesn't have labels or anything butthe colors and leather selection are lovely. I want a new one
frown.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

"if you rely on the money you earn to make you happy by buying stuff, then I think that you are living a life of meaninglessness."
I don't know if this is for me but I never said I need things to make me happy. I am happy and have a great life and am grateful foreverything & everyone that's in it.
smile.gif

So you honestly respect a man that is willing to indirectly submit to you by taking your last name?
It just shows that he isn't sexist, doesn't care about irrelevant stuff like you guys do, and that he loves me no matter what, and a lastname shouldn't change it.

This is one of the main reasons it's hard to grasp you guys way of thinking. Mine does everything for me, I have never cooked for him a day in my life, ashe wants it.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

laugh.gif
That isn't my only dream, I have many. And it's more then just a purse to me but you wouldn't understand that so there is no point in discussing it with you.
oh yea?..
tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
@160 being alot of money to this guy

smh.gif
@ dude dating you..you're not even legal and hes a clown forsimping to a 16 year old by saying yes to taking your last name
tired.gif

DCAllAmerican
You're poor and whoever listens to any of your advice is a ******. your logic is always flawed and i dont think youve ever been in a seriousrelationship with the opposite sex before, my dude.

http://IICEMAN83.u.yuku.com
IICEMAN83
You take steroids..stop it

I just called my boyfriend though and asked him would he take my last name and guess what he said.

"HELL YEAH! Anything that's yours is mine. That would just make us closer."

Of course I told him no though, I just wanted to see what he was going to say.

but you're 16. So i would guess your bf is under 18. What he thinks doesnt matter. Hes not a man yet, hes a boy

statutory rape
ohwell.gif

It just shows that he isn't sexist, doesn't care about irrelevant stuff like you guys do, and that he loves me no matter what, and a last name shouldn't change it.

This is one of the main reasons it's hard to grasp you guys way of thinking. Mine does everything for me, I have never cooked for him a day in my life, as he wants it.
I don't even know what to say about this but ok. You got it man. You have never cooked for you man a day in your life, yea you have it good.Hold on to the sucka for as long as possible. Does EVERYTHING for you? Slave?

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ 160 being alot of money to this guy

DCAllAmerican
You're poor and whoever listens to any of your advice is a ******. your logic is always flawed and i dont think youve ever been in a serious relationship with the opposite sex before, my dude.

1. So because I chose NOT to spend $160 on shoes means I can't afford it? That just means I am poor right? And you call my logic flawedcorrect? Ok.

2. Much respect @ the second comment.

Of course it's silly. And it's not a dream to own a purse, it's a dream to own a *certain* purse. Delicious, beautiful purse. It may be a simple purpose, but it's an important one. I carry my life in this bag
roll.gif
I don't need to justify any of my purchases, although I am very good at it
laugh.gif
and you can't tell me guys don't show off in their own ways, either. Although honestly, no one in MN cares what the hell kind of bag I'm wearing. RM, my brand of choice at the moment, doesn't have labels or anything but the colors and leather selection are lovely. I want a new one
frown.gif
I already said dudes spend $160 like idiots on shoes as well. I am willing to bet if NOBODY EVER comments on that purse that it willsubconsciously hurt your feelings. You can say, "I don't care what people think," but with someone as trivial as a name brand purse I don'tbelieve that can be used in this situation. But I see you were turning the corner in admitting that a big purchase for a purse is kinda stupid, which is whyyou have to keep bringing up things men do that are a waste of $.

BlueLambo..... So ur saying he will have the same mind frame for the rest of his life? If you think hes gonna be the same man he is now at 30yo, ur in for atreat......

I remember whn i said id never eat the P. Now i eat that till my chin drips.

Back
Top Bottom