What's worse: the pain of rejection or regret?

I'm on the fence and it bothers me everyday.  Can't really decide

laugh.gif
if you can't decide, then do you ask the girl out or not?

For me it's regret because with rejection at least you know the answer and can move on from there. Rejection esp talking about girls you will survive as normal and probably find somebody better anyway so why sweat it and/or give a chick that much control over how you feel.

regret. it stays with you forever. at least you are rejected, you tried and therefore the problem is not with you but with her

the pain of regret definately

the pain of never knowing sucks.

you can wait all semester to talk to a girl u liked and never do it and go on and regret it.
or you can talk to her find out you really didnt like her and move on with your life.

regret will always be worse and that's something I can't seem to comprehend

It depends. If its someone you have legit feelings for, definitely regret. You'll forever look back on it. If its someone that just caught your interest on a whim then its rejection. No point in regretting not talking to all the random girls out their that caught your eye because there's more fish in the sea.

When it comes to women I don't think I could ever deal with rejection, that's why I never try. I think it's because I have an overly inflated sense of self worth so if I get rejected by someone I think I'm better than it would be devastating.
laugh.gif

When it comes to my other goals, it's better to try and get rejected than regret not taking a shot. With that being said fear of rejection still motivates me with all my life's endeavors, if I get rejected I feel better if I know I tried my absolute best.

I don't want to be 80 year old virgin and look back and think about what could've happened and die never knowing. Thinking about that gives me energy and the will but once I'm in the real situation, I forget everything.

But what if you get rejected and then fill with regret for even asking in the first place? 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

Seriously though, regret with no action is a whole lot worse than rejection with action.

Regret with no action = poison, which will feed on itself, keep you down and always second guessing yourself.

Rejection with action = harsh truth, but honesty and eventually understanding. Understanding of the rejection and better understanding of yourself: how you come off, what types of women are into you, how to better approach women in general.... OVERALL CONFIDENCE, IF you can learn from the rejection and not be a little sissy about it. Thinking "see this is why I never ask, or because of this ill never ask again."

Just my opinion and experience though.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

you can wait all semester to talk to a girl u liked and never do it and go on and regret it.

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

so many girls in my classes that I should have talked to.

Back
Top Bottom