What's wrong with Gay Marriage?

Today its homosexuality, tomorrow its incest, and soon enough beastiality.

Matter of fact, let's just throw all standards out the window since the bibles played out and it's all science.

Love is love right?

Matter of fact, let's just throw all standards out the window since the bibles played out and it's all science.

Love is love right?

nothing

the divorce rate makes marriage a joke anyways,don't know why people have to worry so much about others

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by bdubnyckid

Be careful now...God's are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

My god reigns supreme homie. Science is yet to disprove anything about my god.
How about you prove that your God exists first?  If I claim that I can fly, it's not your responsibility to prove that I can't.  It's mine.

and off the top of my head...Most of the Genesis factually wrong. 

universe was not created in 7 days
earth was not made before stars
humans did not come from dirt
How 'bout you prove my God doesn't exist?
You feelin' froggish? Leap _ ... 
...prove you can fly by jumpin' off the roof like Nutso - let's see if you land above the rim.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Contrary to what your church may have told you, Atheists do not automatically turn to hedonism and anarchy.

In fact, those who suggest that a man must be ethically restrained by a religion reveal, quite frankly, just how deep-seated

their own morals are. It is an easy target for the church to blame society's ills on man's inevitable shelving of the god myth.

But the fact remains that there is a fraction of the immorality now than there was when the church had complete,

unchallenged influence over every aspect of society. This was a time of Crusades, Inquisitions, and witch- and heretic-burnings.

It was a period known as the "Dark Ages", and that they truly were-both morally and intellectually. 

I mean this is common knowledge unless you're ignorant. The nations that are poster-boys for atheism have low rates of criminal behavior, high rates of education, technological advancements, health-care and altruistic endeavors.

I'm just amused that someone in here is literally defending immoral behaviors from from a less progressive time in mankind. The judeochristian civilization were not the only ones raping, pillaging and sacrificing people. The difference is religious people make excuses for such behaviors in attempts to defend their destructive, whimsical, vengeful and jealous "God". When the mayans killed, rape and pillaged with the blessing of their God it's wrong...when the people in the bible do the exact same thing it's indentured servitude.
laugh.gif
 yea i totally agree with your stand on the poster boys for atheism.
And totally agree with your second statement. I said something along the same lines in a previous post 
smokin.gif

Its a shame 

nothing

the divorce rate makes marriage a joke anyways,don't know why people have to worry so much about others

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Contrary to what your church may have told you, Atheists do not automatically turn to hedonism and anarchy.

In fact, those who suggest that a man must be ethically restrained by a religion reveal, quite frankly, just how deep-seated

their own morals are. It is an easy target for the church to blame society's ills on man's inevitable shelving of the god myth.

But the fact remains that there is a fraction of the immorality now than there was when the church had complete,

unchallenged influence over every aspect of society. This was a time of Crusades, Inquisitions, and witch- and heretic-burnings.

It was a period known as the "Dark Ages", and that they truly were-both morally and intellectually. 

I mean this is common knowledge unless you're ignorant. The nations that are poster-boys for atheism have low rates of criminal behavior, high rates of education, technological advancements, health-care and altruistic endeavors.

I'm just amused that someone in here is literally defending immoral behaviors from from a less progressive time in mankind. The judeochristian civilization were not the only ones raping, pillaging and sacrificing people. The difference is religious people make excuses for such behaviors in attempts to defend their destructive, whimsical, vengeful and jealous "God". When the mayans killed, rape and pillaged with the blessing of their God it's wrong...when the people in the bible do the exact same thing it's indentured servitude.
laugh.gif
 yea i totally agree with your stand on the poster boys for atheism.
And totally agree with your second statement. I said something along the same lines in a previous post 
smokin.gif

Its a shame 

Be careful now...God's are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

How about you prove that your God exists first?  If I claim that I can fly, it's not your responsibility to prove that I can't.  It's mine.

...prove you can fly by jumpin' off the roof like Nutso - let's see if you land above the rim.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

"If he is infinitely good, what reason should we have to fear him?
If he is infinitely wise, why should we have doubts concerning our future?

If he knows all, why warn him of our needs and fatigue him with your prayers?
If he is everywhere, why erect temples to him? 

If he just, why fear that he will punish the creatures that he has filled with weakness?

If he is reasonable, how can he be angry at the blind, to whom he has given the liberty of being unreasonable?

If he is inconceivable, why occupy ourselves with him? and if he has spoken, why is the world not convinced?"

"If he is infinitely good, what reason should we have to fear him?
If he is infinitely wise, why should we have doubts concerning our future?

If he knows all, why warn him of our needs and fatigue him with your prayers?
If he is everywhere, why erect temples to him? 

If he just, why fear that he will punish the creatures that he has filled with weakness?

If he is reasonable, how can he be angry at the blind, to whom he has given the liberty of being unreasonable?

If he is inconceivable, why occupy ourselves with him? and if he has spoken, why is the world not convinced?"

Did you pray for Japan after the first earthquake? Well a lot of people did and god decided to either a) ignore millions of prayers or b) hit Japan with another massive earthquake just for the hell of it.

God wasn't there when I needed him most, but my friends and family were...

Did you pray for Japan after the first earthquake? Well a lot of people did and god decided to either a) ignore millions of prayers or b) hit Japan with another massive earthquake just for the hell of it.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Love is love right?

Animals cannot offer consent.

When you find me a big enough population of first degree relatives tryning get married....I will support it.
nerd.gif

People need to stop acting like homosexuality has always been "taboo". Not every time period or society has treated homosexuals like they're similar to rapists, child molesters and dog-f*****ers.

Love is love right?

Animals cannot offer consent.

When you find me a big enough population of first degree relatives tryning get married....I will support it.
nerd.gif

People need to stop acting like homosexuality has always been "taboo". Not every time period or society has treated homosexuals like they're similar to rapists, child molesters and dog-f*****ers.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Still waiting for a good legal (not religious) reason.
I won't hold my breath tho.

It is against the constitution since Bill Clinton passed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, which prohibits same-sex marriage.

It also says that "the federal government defines marriage as a legal union between one man and one women". (Wikipedia)

Here is a great video I watched a few months back on this topic.

This video is awesome, and the guy who said that he felt sorry for adopted kids of gay people should watch this to see how this guy has turned out
pimp.gif
his speech could rival many other speeches made my great people over the years.

Also, why did Bill Clinton pass that law? Why was it brought up to be passed?

Here in New Zealand we have Civil Unions. I think we were the first country in the world to have them legalised.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Still waiting for a good legal (not religious) reason.
I won't hold my breath tho.

It is against the constitution since Bill Clinton passed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, which prohibits same-sex marriage.

It also says that "the federal government defines marriage as a legal union between one man and one women". (Wikipedia)

Here is a great video I watched a few months back on this topic.

This video is awesome, and the guy who said that he felt sorry for adopted kids of gay people should watch this to see how this guy has turned out
pimp.gif
his speech could rival many other speeches made my great people over the years.

Also, why did Bill Clinton pass that law? Why was it brought up to be passed?

Here in New Zealand we have Civil Unions. I think we were the first country in the world to have them legalised.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

If you're gonna reach like that, you could've at least tried to make it hit home and asked me where God was during African slavery and the African American crack epidemic...
...you're just fixin' your fingers to type bollocks.

If you're gonna reach like that, you could've at least tried to make it hit home and asked me where God was during African slavery and the African American crack epidemic...

Times were a lot different back then.
You just hung yourself with that one. We're arguing the same thing. Times WERE a lot different back then, so why are people still taking this massively outdated storybook literally? Same goes with any ancient "holy" book.

Times were a lot different back then.
You just hung yourself with that one. We're arguing the same thing. Times WERE a lot different back then, so why are people still taking this massively outdated storybook literally? Same goes with any ancient "holy" book.

Love is love right?
Reasoning 101: Introduction to the Most Commonly Used Fallacies

Familiarize yourself with the "slippery slope" fallacy.  Homosexuality has as much in common with incest and beastiality as heterosexuality.

Still didn't answer the question....
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Still didn't answer the question....
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom