What's wrong with Gay Marriage?

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Today its homosexuality, tomorrow its incest, and soon enough beastiality.

Matter of fact, let's just throw all standards out the window since the bibles played out and it's all science.

Love is love right?
Reasoning 101: Introduction to the Most Commonly Used Fallacies

Familiarize yourself with the "slippery slope" fallacy.  Homosexuality has as much in common with incest and beastiality as heterosexuality.

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Xbox360Live wrote:

I'm straight so I don't see how gay marriage would affect me in any way.Keeping it illegal does nothing but discriminate against gays. So i want to ask NT why would you not want it to be legal.
nerd.gif
   You aint straight come out the closet you know you're gay
laugh.gif

It obviously is effecting you or else you wouldn't care that people want it to be illegal & are against it. Admit it  You want it to be legal because  you like homosexuals and you are one yourself.

Gay marraige should be allowed for women only  in my opinion.Lesbians are great

& to answer your question i'm against it because homosexuality is a sin accoridng to the bible and im a holy person so I wouldn't want something thats a sin to be legal. 
Lev 18 : 22 - "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20 : 13  ""If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" 

1 Cor 6:9-10
  "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 

Rom. 1:26-28"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible.   It goes against the created order of God.  He created Adam and then made a woman.  This is what God has ordained and it is what is right. 

But you just contradicted yourself, you're a peon AND a hypocrite.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Xbox360Live wrote:

I'm straight so I don't see how gay marriage would affect me in any way.Keeping it illegal does nothing but discriminate against gays. So i want to ask NT why would you not want it to be legal.
nerd.gif
   You aint straight come out the closet you know you're gay
laugh.gif

It obviously is effecting you or else you wouldn't care that people want it to be illegal & are against it. Admit it  You want it to be legal because  you like homosexuals and you are one yourself.

Gay marraige should be allowed for women only  in my opinion.Lesbians are great

& to answer your question i'm against it because homosexuality is a sin accoridng to the bible and im a holy person so I wouldn't want something thats a sin to be legal. 
Lev 18 : 22 - "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20 : 13  ""If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" 

1 Cor 6:9-10
  "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 

Rom. 1:26-28"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible.   It goes against the created order of God.  He created Adam and then made a woman.  This is what God has ordained and it is what is right. 

But you just contradicted yourself, you're a peon AND a hypocrite.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

How 'bout you prove my God doesn't exist?
Did you pray for Japan after the first earthquake? Well a lot of people did and god decided to either a) ignore millions of prayers or b) hit Japan with another massive earthquake just for the hell of it.

God wasn't there when I needed him most, but my friends and family were...

If you're gonna reach like that, you could've at least tried to make it hit home and asked me where God was during African slavery and the African American crack epidemic...
...you're just fixin' your fingers to type bollocks.
Reaching how? Where was he during African slavery and the crack epidemic? Quick to give praise to god but when some bad %$@+ happens, it's not his fault.

I just used the Japan example because it was a recent even in which prayer did absolutely diddly. I saw so many of those damn "PRAY FOR JAPAN" stickers, but they still got whacked again right afterwards.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Matter of fact, let's just throw all standards out the window since the bibles played out and it's all science.

Love is love right?

Animals cannot offer consent.

When you find me a big enough population of first degree relatives tryning get married....I will support it.
nerd.gif

People need to stop acting like homosexuality has always been "taboo". Not every time period or society has treated homosexuals like they're similar to rapists, child molesters and dog-f*****ers.

the good ol PIB (this does NOT stand for "put in butt"
laugh.gif
) argument... just so we're clear, incest and bestiality can also be heterosexual relationships.

Love is love right?

When you find me a big enough population of first degree relatives tryning get married....I will support it.
nerd.gif

People need to stop acting like homosexuality has always been "taboo". Not every time period or society has treated homosexuals like they're similar to rapists, child molesters and dog-f*****ers.

laugh.gif
) argument... just so we're clear, incest and bestiality can also be heterosexual relationships.

Did you pray for Japan after the first earthquake? Well a lot of people did and god decided to either a) ignore millions of prayers or b) hit Japan with another massive earthquake just for the hell of it.

If you're gonna reach like that, you could've at least tried to make it hit home and asked me where God was during African slavery and the African American crack epidemic...
Reaching how? Where was he during African slavery and the crack epidemic? Quick to give praise to god but when some bad %$@+ happens, it's not his fault.

I just used the Japan example because it was a recent even in which prayer did absolutely diddly. I saw so many of those damn "PRAY FOR JAPAN" stickers, but they still got whacked again right afterwards.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

My god reigns supreme homie. Science is yet to disprove anything about my god.
How about you prove that your God exists first?  If I claim that I can fly, it's not your responsibility to prove that I can't.  It's mine.

and off the top of my head...Most of the Genesis factually wrong. 

universe was not created in 7 days
earth was not made before stars
humans did not come from dirt
You feelin' froggish? Leap _ ... 
...prove you can fly by jumpin' off the roof like Nutso - let's see if you land above the rim.
*sigh*

"I can fly.  Prove that I can't". <---see how illogical that is?  That's what you're when you're telling us to prove that God doesn't exist.

"God exists.  Prove that he doesn't."  <---You're doing the same thing.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

My god reigns supreme homie. Science is yet to disprove anything about my god.
How about you prove that your God exists first?  If I claim that I can fly, it's not your responsibility to prove that I can't.  It's mine.

and off the top of my head...Most of the Genesis factually wrong. 

universe was not created in 7 days
earth was not made before stars
humans did not come from dirt
You feelin' froggish? Leap _ ... 
...prove you can fly by jumpin' off the roof like Nutso - let's see if you land above the rim.
*sigh*

"I can fly.  Prove that I can't". <---see how illogical that is?  That's what you're when you're telling us to prove that God doesn't exist.

"God exists.  Prove that he doesn't."  <---You're doing the same thing.

Originally Posted by bdubnyckid

Still didn't answer the question....
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Yes I did.

Originally Posted by bdubnyckid

Still didn't answer the question....
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Yes I did.

Argumentum ad ignorantiam. That's a big no no.

During slavery, the idea of white Jesus and his daddy in the sky was being programmed into the minds of Africans so they'd believe they'd be saved one day, or after all the torment they'd be free up in heaven. And you subscribe to these fables of the captors of our ancestors.

These threads
30t6p3b.gif
to be on topic, I say abolish marriage. Civil unions for all so people will shut the $$@$ up and we can maybe enjoy some equality in at least one facet of life.

During slavery, the idea of white Jesus and his daddy in the sky was being programmed into the minds of Africans so they'd believe they'd be saved one day, or after all the torment they'd be free up in heaven. And you subscribe to these fables of the captors of our ancestors.

These threads
30t6p3b.gif
to be on topic, I say abolish marriage. Civil unions for all so people will shut the $$@$ up and we can maybe enjoy some equality in at least one facet of life.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Love is love right?

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

edit-- looks like someone beat me to it

Love is love right?

Familiarize yourself with the "slippery slope" fallacy.  Homosexuality has as much in common with incest and beastiality as heterosexuality.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Love is love right?

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

edit-- looks like someone beat me to it

Love is love right?

Love is love right?
Fallacious Reasoning 101: Introduction to the Most Commonly Used Fallacies

The reproduction of the human being, the basis of man and womans existence, can only be achieved by two of the following. Dare I say incest being more productive than homosexuality.

Love is love right?

The reproduction of the human being, the basis of man and womans existence, can only be achieved by two of the following. Dare I say incest being more productive than homosexuality.

Love is love right?

Horrible argument.
laugh.gif
God awful.

I don't even know what to say about the incest comment, other than the fact that it's obvious that you're so homophobic that you're justifying incest over homosexuality because it's more "productive." How are the Appalachians treating you?

Love is love right?

Horrible argument.
laugh.gif
God awful.

I don't even know what to say about the incest comment, other than the fact that it's obvious that you're so homophobic that you're justifying incest over homosexuality because it's more "productive." How are the Appalachians treating you?

an dee, weren't you the one who turned agnostic/atheist (which is it?) because of these religious threads on NT?

elaborate on how that happened?

an dee, weren't you the one who turned agnostic/atheist (which is it?) because of these religious threads on NT?

elaborate on how that happened?

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

These threads
30t6p3b.gif
Your Latin reference sucks and your follow-up example to prove your point is even worse...

...I guess white Jesus is why Jews were enslaved in Egypt huh?

And who actually believes in a white Jesus?

I agree on one thing though, these threads always get derailed - I gave my opinion of gay marriage in my first reply, but I knew what this thread would turn into...

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

These threads
30t6p3b.gif
Your Latin reference sucks and your follow-up example to prove your point is even worse...

...I guess white Jesus is why Jews were enslaved in Egypt huh?

And who actually believes in a white Jesus?

I agree on one thing though, these threads always get derailed - I gave my opinion of gay marriage in my first reply, but I knew what this thread would turn into...

Back
Top Bottom