What's Your Favorite Sandwich

serious question someone please help

is it normal for those bahn mi sandwiches to smell like garbage (literally, no joke)?

i knew a vietnamese kid who always ate them from this one place and they smelled like that.......so i never tried it

but so many people here say its good.....was this just a bad sandwich shop or is that smell normal and it actually tastes different?

is it normal for those bahn mi sandwiches to smell like garbage (literally, no joke)?

i knew a vietnamese kid who always ate them from this one place and they smelled like that.......so i never tried it

but so many people here say its good.....was this just a bad sandwich shop or is that smell normal and it actually tastes different?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

laugh.gif

i think your nose is picking up garbage smell because its a smell that you are not accustomed to.  also, the mixing of pate+pressed deli meat+cilantro+pickled radish can create a somewhat strange smell.  to be honest, the stuff that goes in it is not that much different (and in many cases is the same) as stuff that other cultures eat.

laugh.gif

i think your nose is picking up garbage smell because its a smell that you are not accustomed to.  also, the mixing of pate+pressed deli meat+cilantro+pickled radish can create a somewhat strange smell.  to be honest, the stuff that goes in it is not that much different (and in many cases is the same) as stuff that other cultures eat.

you guys ever get the Patte there from bay cities. my cousin will usually pick up a few ounces and a loaf and we'll go ham on that with a sandwich.

you guys ever get the Patte there from bay cities. my cousin will usually pick up a few ounces and a loaf and we'll go ham on that with a sandwich.

Originally Posted by mrgrapes85

Originally Posted by acidicality

i'll post something different..

Salmon BLT at Glacier Brewhouse in Alaska. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
My man coming through with the Glacier Brewhouse...hands down greatest restaurant in Anchorage. 
wait..when did you go to Alaska? 
nerd.gif
went there last week. loved it there, Alaska was different than i had expected (in a good way). went to Anchorage, Seward, Denali, and Fairbanks...I would love to go back again sometime. It's an incredible place to get away from it all, and just take in the wilderness/wildlife around you. Might try going back in the winter in the future to see the northern lights...

On a side note, Denali National Park>>>>any national park I've been to, and I've been to Yosemite and Yellowstone. It's absolutely surreal.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

i'll post something different..

Salmon BLT at Glacier Brewhouse in Alaska. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
My man coming through with the Glacier Brewhouse...hands down greatest restaurant in Anchorage. 
wait..when did you go to Alaska? 
nerd.gif
went there last week. loved it there, Alaska was different than i had expected (in a good way). went to Anchorage, Seward, Denali, and Fairbanks...I would love to go back again sometime. It's an incredible place to get away from it all, and just take in the wilderness/wildlife around you. Might try going back in the winter in the future to see the northern lights...

On a side note, Denali National Park>>>>any national park I've been to, and I've been to Yosemite and Yellowstone. It's absolutely surreal.
pimp.gif

cold sandwich

munster cheese + spicy chicken + mayo + tomatoes

bag of french onion sun chips

dr. pepper or cherry coke

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cold sandwich

munster cheese + spicy chicken + mayo + tomatoes

bag of french onion sun chips

dr. pepper or cherry coke

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

want.
3045215514_f4f2c682ce.jpg

Its been a few months since I've had one, mostly cause I've been opting for the hot pastrami instead.

Dont let that picture fool you.  It may look like any other cold cut italian sub but its not.  The secret to the deliciousness of Bay Cities sandwiches (including the Godmother) is the fresh baked italian bread that it comes on.  That bread is the G.O.A.T.  No exaggeration.  I would walk into Bay Cities and walk out spending $60 EASY just on multiple loafs of bread, charcuterie, cold cuts, and a couple sandwiches to go.

Godmother w/ works + Ice cold Orangina = meal of champions

Never heard about this place until I saw this thread.

Decided to stop by today and had one for lunch, so damn good!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nice.  Glad the recommendation worked out for you.  Now I need to get over there.  Been a while since I had my Godmother fix.  I guess that's something local I can do on Carmageddon weekend.   

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

want.
3045215514_f4f2c682ce.jpg

Its been a few months since I've had one, mostly cause I've been opting for the hot pastrami instead.

Dont let that picture fool you.  It may look like any other cold cut italian sub but its not.  The secret to the deliciousness of Bay Cities sandwiches (including the Godmother) is the fresh baked italian bread that it comes on.  That bread is the G.O.A.T.  No exaggeration.  I would walk into Bay Cities and walk out spending $60 EASY just on multiple loafs of bread, charcuterie, cold cuts, and a couple sandwiches to go.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nice.  Glad the recommendation worked out for you.  Now I need to get over there.  Been a while since I had my Godmother fix.  I guess that's something local I can do on Carmageddon weekend.   

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

damn.... now the rest of us have to wait longer for our sandwich.  another new convert.

kidding.

laugh.gif
Luckily I got there early before rush hour.

Good looking out lawdog1
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

damn.... now the rest of us have to wait longer for our sandwich.  another new convert.

kidding.

laugh.gif
Luckily I got there early before rush hour.

Good looking out lawdog1
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

alright well im gonna try one of these bad boys soon since nt'ers are raving about them
i should note that the kid got these sandwiches for $2.50 and they were full sized so i doubt the ingredients were very good/fresh....also it was pork if that matters

im sure a better shop's places don't smell like that 

laugh.gif

alright well im gonna try one of these bad boys soon since nt'ers are raving about them
i should note that the kid got these sandwiches for $2.50 and they were full sized so i doubt the ingredients were very good/fresh....also it was pork if that matters

laugh.gif

TBH, thats about the avg going rate for one of those if you live in an area (like socal) with a high viet concentration.

if you want to ease into it, dont go straight for the "special combo" which has the pate and headcheese and stranger stuff like that.  stick to the bbq pork or roasted pork or chicken sandwiches.  they are a bit more tame and still quite tasty.

if you really want to ease into it and happen to be in socal, you might want to try and hunt down the Nom Nom Foodtruck.  They specialize in banh mi, and its a bit more westernized.  

laugh.gif

TBH, thats about the avg going rate for one of those if you live in an area (like socal) with a high viet concentration.

if you want to ease into it, dont go straight for the "special combo" which has the pate and headcheese and stranger stuff like that.  stick to the bbq pork or roasted pork or chicken sandwiches.  they are a bit more tame and still quite tasty.

if you really want to ease into it and happen to be in socal, you might want to try and hunt down the Nom Nom Foodtruck.  They specialize in banh mi, and its a bit more westernized.  

Back
Top Bottom