Whats your opinion on rocking other country's gear?

If I like the way it looks, then I'll wear it.

If not, then I won't.

Has nothing to do w/ having "national pride". Wearing something that represents the USA doesn't make me have MORE national pride and wearing something that represents another country doesn't make me have LESS.

Off the top of my head France, Australia, Spain, S. Africa, Norway, Great Britain, Japan, USA, Netherlands are all represented in my closet in one way or another.

If I like the way it looks, then I'll wear it.

If not, then I won't.

Has nothing to do w/ having "national pride". Wearing something that represents the USA doesn't make me have MORE national pride and wearing something that represents another country doesn't make me have LESS.

Off the top of my head France, Australia, Spain, S. Africa, Norway, Great Britain, Japan, USA, Netherlands are all represented in my closet in one way or another.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Those Ralph Lauren World Cup polos, jackets, etc. are all fair game in my mind regardless of country.

i disagree..i wont rock anything that isn't Dominican Republic.

Talk about stating the obvious.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Those Ralph Lauren World Cup polos, jackets, etc. are all fair game in my mind regardless of country.

i disagree..i wont rock anything that isn't Dominican Republic.

Talk about stating the obvious.

I'm part brazillian/portuguese on my father's side so right there, green and yellow all day. I alsohave alot of england kits because I have watched/followed the premier league since i was a kid and alot of my favorite players have gone through the EPL. as far as clubs, Man U all day. other than i don't see the problem with it, just be prepared for the ignorance/bs that comes with it. I would never rep the US footbal team cuz we suck. I ant the world cup back here so I wouldn't have to travel so far( going to brasil in 2014) but would I wear their kit, hell no.

I'm part brazillian/portuguese on my father's side so right there, green and yellow all day. I alsohave alot of england kits because I have watched/followed the premier league since i was a kid and alot of my favorite players have gone through the EPL. as far as clubs, Man U all day. other than i don't see the problem with it, just be prepared for the ignorance/bs that comes with it. I would never rep the US footbal team cuz we suck. I ant the world cup back here so I wouldn't have to travel so far( going to brasil in 2014) but would I wear their kit, hell no.

Maybe it has something to do with snobbery, but I just think it's super lame if you're wearing, say, a Brasilian jersey and you're not Brasilian. Unless you're Japanese-Brasilian or German-Brasilian, etc.

Maybe it has something to do with snobbery, but I just think it's super lame if you're wearing, say, a Brasilian jersey and you're not Brasilian. Unless you're Japanese-Brasilian or German-Brasilian, etc.

I can see if you are a fan of the team when it comes to national jerseys (although a club team jersey would be better), but i wouldn't do it unless I have a connection to that country. My wife is Puerto Rican so I rock the PR hyperdunks when i ball. besides that, no.

I can see if you are a fan of the team when it comes to national jerseys (although a club team jersey would be better), but i wouldn't do it unless I have a connection to that country. My wife is Puerto Rican so I rock the PR hyperdunks when i ball. besides that, no.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

rock what you like, who cares what ppl think
pimp.gif

This

who cares?

the only americans who have pride in the country are the ones in the military... i could care less... id rather live in canda...

who cares?

the only americans who have pride in the country are the ones in the military... i could care less... id rather live in canda...

Myself personally.

I don't mind reppin another country that i'm not from.

hah

Myself personally.

I don't mind reppin another country that i'm not from.

hah

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

who cares?

then move there

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

who cares?

then move there

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I would never rep the US footbal team cuz we suck. I ant the world cup back here so I wouldn't have to travel so far( going to brasil in 2014) but would I wear their kit, hell no.

indifferent.gif

smh.gif

So just cause we're not the best, you don't wanna rep them? there's far more garbage teams than the US yet their fans showed up to SA in full support of their nations.

To answer OPs question, i dont think its a huge deal as long as you have your own country's gear to go along with it. I bought a Portugal WC jersey cause a)it looked clean and b)I have Portugese ancestry many generations back
laugh.gif
But I also copped the USA kit and the Polo USA World Cup shirt too and wear those way more often.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I would never rep the US footbal team cuz we suck. I ant the world cup back here so I wouldn't have to travel so far( going to brasil in 2014) but would I wear their kit, hell no.

indifferent.gif

smh.gif

So just cause we're not the best, you don't wanna rep them? there's far more garbage teams than the US yet their fans showed up to SA in full support of their nations.

To answer OPs question, i dont think its a huge deal as long as you have your own country's gear to go along with it. I bought a Portugal WC jersey cause a)it looked clean and b)I have Portugese ancestry many generations back
laugh.gif
But I also copped the USA kit and the Polo USA World Cup shirt too and wear those way more often.

Back
Top Bottom