What's your opinion on Texas rap?

I mess with it
pimp.gif
particularly this song
pimp.gif

Scarface is my favorite rapper...
UGK is my favorite Group...
Outside of them I mess with Devin, Slim Thugga and a few others...

I can't stand Cham tho... IDK what it is... maybe its his voice but I cant STAND dude at all...

Outside of my hometown (Atlanta), Texas rap is my favorite regional music to listen to. Houston specifically. I listen to all of the artists. Yall need to check out K-Rino

I love H-Town rap. But Dallas? And this is he city i'm from so it pains me to say this but these dudes are garbage. Come on all of us are dancing? Seriously? When Texas Rap has a family reunion the Dallas rap scene is that gay cousin that shows up twisting his neck and snappin' his fingers lol. Like I said I love my city but the rap game is not being represented right. DSR and T-Town was a better representation of Dallas rap then this is. We have a lot of talent here but as usual its all about the catchy hit. Dudes don't even care out here.

There was a time when people use to say Soulja Boy was gonna kill hip hop. I'd be that guy that was like "He's 15....so on and so forth". But I see his influence in the Dallas rap scene. I didn't think it would happen but he's influencing the rap game and not in a good way. Everybody is just out here for that next hit. Get 15 seconds of fame, get some show money and be back in Oak Cliff or the Grove in a couple of months.

H-Town rap is appreciated. Always will be. Like Cartune said, never bit off anyone but influenced many.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I love H-Town rap. But Dallas? And this is he city i'm from so it pains me to say this but these dudes are garbage. Come on all of us are dancing? Seriously? When Texas Rap has a family reunion the Dallas rap scene is that gay cousin that shows up twisting his neck and snappin' his fingers lol. Like I said I love my city but the rap game is not being represented right. DSR and T-Town was a better representation of Dallas rap then this is. We have a lot of talent here but as usual its all about the catchy hit. Dudes don't even care out here.

There was a time when people use to say Soulja Boy was gonna kill hip hop. I'd be that guy that was like "He's 15....so on and so forth". But I see his influence in the Dallas rap scene. I didn't think it would happen but he's influencing the rap game and not in a good way. Everybody is just out here for that next hit. Get 15 seconds of fame, get some show money and be back in Oak Cliff or the Grove in a couple of months.

H-Town rap is appreciated. Always will be. Like Cartune said, never bit off anyone but influenced many.

Now that I think about it and go through my music library...Texas Rap= Houston

For some reason I don't associate a lot of those "gay cousins" with Texas. You can see through the gimmick.
(that gay cousin metaphor was on point)
laugh.gif

songs like these are my $#!%
pimp.gif

"Swang (Remix)" Trae, Pimp C, Fat Pat, Hawk
"Wanna Be a Baller" Lil Troy
"Mo City Don" Z-Ro

shouts to da state next door....I will forever mess with UGK n Face Mob....Thugga n Devin will get burn every now and then too tho

Outside of that nothing catches my ear....but Dallas did give us Mr. Pookie and Mr. Lucci...to bad them boys never went big

"Lay it down imma crook for life....."

Scarface is in my top 5.
I bump Devin religiously and I rock with UGK too. Thugga gets spins every now and then also.
I never could get into Cham though.

To the people who can't really get into Cham, yall need to check out his earlier stuff with Paul Wall

080428163047f0_0.jpg

Devin the Dude is in my personal top 10, he covers all topics of life in his music

Am from Texas,Houston to be exact .And before yall start askin for the age ..i was at da kappa 2k1 the last one that was actually good(for those who know).Texas is appreciated alot , i listen to New York music to ..Biggie is my fav rapper from that city, yea we all know bun b and all the legendary folks (ugk,screw,etc.)but its not juss sippin lean that we do talent is here for those who said yall dont listen to cham anymore yall probably just listened to his "sound of revenge and ultimate victory" even before paul and cham had the hit "my money gets jealous" there was better music out of houston .no disrespect at all to d-town ,and the movenmet yall got..like i said everybody gots there own opinion .but texas is

and the words of Bun B .."$*!# you dogg, this the south ..we been here and aint goin no where hate it or love it"

Is it really fair to compare Port Arthur and Houston? I kind of just clump 'em into one because they're in the same area and there are so few guys from PA that it's unfair to compare. Who is there really besides UGK and a couple underground cats? Either way they both trump Dallas.
Nothing but love for the screwed up Texas scene. DJ Screw is an absolute LEGEND. UGK, Face, Z-Ro, K-Rino (if you haven't heard this cat check him out immediately, dope as hell), Devin The Dude, Lil' Keke, Fat Pat. Texas rap is some of my favorite @*%%.

I'm from dallas and dallas rap is trash..I get down with some of them cats in H-town

Bun B
Slim Thug
Chamillioanire

Back in the early 2000's when I discovered it, I jammed

ESG
C-Note
Yungstar
Big Moe
Lil Flip
Z-Ro
Big pokey
Lil keke
Swisha House (slim, cham, paul, mike jones, etc...)

Back
Top Bottom