When did Compton become 70% Hispanic? Am I late hearing this or was this swept under the rug?

:lol: it's funny listening, and witnessing the Mex/ES drama, when my folks (Mexican pops, mom is Salvadoran) must've been on some **** it, YOLO *no dambs* mind set when they linked up.

Last edited:
Afro latino term = never catchin on... Sounds forced...makes a *****

Feel like i got a Dr. jay hair do or something

I was watching the ESPN MLK's Content of Character special and Kevin Powell was discussing the demographic changes in this country and pointed out that Compton, CA is presently 70% hispanic. When did this happen? Is this simply an economic issue (poorest of the poor) or is something else going on? Where do Compton's former black residents reside today? Not trying to start something, just looking for some enlightenment.

Welcome to 1990

Dude nothing is more forced than you're desire to distance yourself from your african ancestry. 
laugh.gif

I just went to the Afro Latino Wikipedia page and command + F for Dominican.

it was a good read.

is this a "thread was on subject when suddenly, a wild Ninjahood appears" thread? if it was I wanna read it :lol:

I just went to the Afro Latino Wikipedia page and command + F for Dominican.

it was a good read.

is this a "thread was on subject when suddenly, a wild Ninjahood appears" thread? if it was I wanna read it :lol:

It's a little more complex than that, but this thread was doomed from the start. Hugo Chavez was Afro Latino too, but I don't think that he would refer to himself as "black".

Last edited:
I aint african though, im LATINO which means

Da whole is GREATER da sum of each part.

All ya sound like jim crow stans imposing ya 1 drop

Philosophy on me.

Last edited:

Philosophy on me.

are people saying you're African? you're clearly not African, but it's highly possible you descended from Africans. I mean essentially everyone descended from Africans so technically, we're all ****** at heart, b.

Philosophy on me.
No one has ever said you're African. .

I gotta give you credit though, it appears that progress is being made. 

pimp.gif
 to you for acknowledging that African ancestry is a part of your whole. 

Philosophy on me.

No, you are not African. You didn't deny that you have African heritage, but culturally you are Latino and identify yourself as that. It's like they feel that if you say you aren't "black" you are somehow denigrating them and their culture.

Philosophy on me.

No, you are not African. You didn't deny that you have African heritage, but culturally you are Latino and identify yourself as that. It's like they feel that if you say you aren't "black" you are somehow denigrating them and their culture.

Dunno y, its already been explained that "being black"

Is a social construct in da united states that doesnt

Accurately describe who i am, why be offended at my

Rejection of being mislabeled? Sounds like over

Sensitivity to me.

Philosophy on me.

Dunno y, its already been explained that "being black"

Is a social construct in da united states that doesnt

Accurately describe who i am, why be offended at my

Rejection of being mislabeled? Sounds like over

Sensitivity to me.

ya'll need to stop trying to push this whole "you're black" thing on ninjahood man...

I honestly think you need to be Hispanic/Latino to understand where ninjahood is coming from.

When I first saw ninjahood, I knew dude was Dominican. Black was the furthest thing to cross my mind.

Obviously he has African roots but that's a different story.

I've seen some of the darkest Dominicans, Hondurans, Guatemalans, etc... and could tell they were Hispanic/Latino.

The way that Ninja spaces

His posts is more of a concern to me than

How he identifies himself

Because I don't really

Care and you shouldn't either

ya'll need to stop trying to push this whole "you're black" thing on ninjahood man...

I honestly think you need to be Hispanic/Latino to understand where ninjahood is coming from.

When I first saw ninjahood, I knew dude was Dominican. Black was the furthest thing to cross my mind.

Obviously he has African roots but that's a different story.

I've seen some of the darkest Dominicans, Hondurans, Guatemalans, etc... and could tell they were Hispanic/Latino.
No, what yall don't understand is that "black" and latino are not mutually exclusive, there are millions of black latinos all over the western hemisphere.  

Back
Top Bottom