When did your favorite team(s) become your favorite?

I became a Lakers/Dodgers fan when i was just a toddler. Finding out both teams won the chip the year I was born ('88) is even better. Chargers became my team when they got the #1 overall pick and drafted LT out of TCU (I hate him now). UCLA was always the college I wished to attend since I was young.

So, NT when did your team(s) become yours?

Spoiler [+]
Not a shot to bandwagon fans in any way.

I became a Lakers/Dodgers fan when i was just a toddler. Finding out both teams won the chip the year I was born ('88) is even better. Chargers became my team when they got the #1 overall pick and drafted LT out of TCU (I hate him now). UCLA was always the college I wished to attend since I was young.

So, NT when did your team(s) become yours?

Spoiler [+]
Not a shot to bandwagon fans in any way.

when I found out I was born in Dallas.

All Dallas teams - I was born in Dallas.

Texas Longhorn - I was born in Texas and no ones an aggie or tech fan by choice.

Team USA, USMNT - I was born in The USA.

Hometown pride >>>>> *

when I found out I was born in Dallas.

All Dallas teams - I was born in Dallas.

Texas Longhorn - I was born in Texas and no ones an aggie or tech fan by choice.

Team USA, USMNT - I was born in The USA.

Hometown pride >>>>> *

I was born in California, so my mom had bought me an Oakland A's shirt when I turned 4 or 5. Walked into the living room where my dad was and he saw the shirt and told me to "take that *$@$ off." Marched to his room and gave me an oversized Twins shirt. A Minnesota fan from there on out.

I was born in California, so my mom had bought me an Oakland A's shirt when I turned 4 or 5. Walked into the living room where my dad was and he saw the shirt and told me to "take that *$@$ off." Marched to his room and gave me an oversized Twins shirt. A Minnesota fan from there on out.

Born and Raised in Seattle...Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks and Huskies is all I've ever known

Born and Raised in Seattle...Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks and Huskies is all I've ever known

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Yep. And the Bulls became my favorite NBA team once our Sonics were stolen.

Yep. And the Bulls became my favorite NBA team once our Sonics were stolen.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Born in LA and Raised in Seattle...Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks and is all I've ever known
And the Bulls Lakers became my favorite NBA team once our Sonics were stolen. (First NBA game i ever went to was at the forum)
Fixed

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Born in LA and Raised in Seattle...Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks and is all I've ever known
And the Bulls Lakers became my favorite NBA team once our Sonics were stolen. (First NBA game i ever went to was at the forum)
Fixed

France and Brazil in World Cups before I could even remember...loved watching Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Cafu, Bebeto, Petit, Zidane, Cantona play but I always loved watching Henry play more....

So I got into Arsenal thanks to Henry and Bergkamp who have been my favorite soccer team since idk when.
laugh.gif

Orlando Magic - lived down the street from the arena my entire life only NBA team I've ever loved.

Florida Gators - since '92 when my cousin attended there and got me into their sports programs from then on...

France and Brazil in World Cups before I could even remember...loved watching Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Cafu, Bebeto, Petit, Zidane, Cantona play but I always loved watching Henry play more....

So I got into Arsenal thanks to Henry and Bergkamp who have been my favorite soccer team since idk when.
laugh.gif

Orlando Magic - lived down the street from the arena my entire life only NBA team I've ever loved.

Florida Gators - since '92 when my cousin attended there and got me into their sports programs from then on...

When it comes to basketball, I probably am a bit of a "bandwagon fan" as you call it.

I first fell in love with basketball during the early '90s when The Chicago Bulls had that one guy who was reasonably average. However, once MJ hit retirement & the Bulls fell off, I switched my allegiance to the Lakers because they'd signed Shaq who was my new favourite player. They have been firmly fixed as my team ever since. Yeah, slightly fickle I know -but being from the UK I think I can get away with it
tongue.gif

So since '96 ....15 years a Laker fan.

But as far as my first sporting love goes, then I have supported my home town team since 1984 -27 years a loyal fan....

Spoiler [+]
Spurs_Logo_2.jpg

When it comes to basketball, I probably am a bit of a "bandwagon fan" as you call it.

I first fell in love with basketball during the early '90s when The Chicago Bulls had that one guy who was reasonably average. However, once MJ hit retirement & the Bulls fell off, I switched my allegiance to the Lakers because they'd signed Shaq who was my new favourite player. They have been firmly fixed as my team ever since. Yeah, slightly fickle I know -but being from the UK I think I can get away with it
tongue.gif

So since '96 ....15 years a Laker fan.

But as far as my first sporting love goes, then I have supported my home town team since 1984 -27 years a loyal fan....

Spoiler [+]
Spurs_Logo_2.jpg

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

I first fell in love with basketball during the early '90s when The Chicago Bulls had that one guy who was reasonably average.

I chuckled.

Back
Top Bottom