when to stop buy Jordans

I stopped after the XX1, not because I disliked the designs but because of financial issues.
I came back with the AJ 2011 and since then I also buy the retros again.

Originally Posted by LaceLocka

I would stop when I have the few that mean the most to me in my childhood. Once I have it...I will move on..I don't want to live like a child forever, I  want something to reflect on so I can't forget that period of my life. 
My sentiments exactly. But I have to say, those new 2k12's are pretty nice, lol.

when you get married and have kids, but still working at retail as a sales rep... it's like an addiction... so hard to let em go

I really only cop 1-13 and OG colorways. I don't know if I'll ever actually stop, but I'll definitely slow down after about 6 more releases/OG's that I'm looking for.

I don't really buy shoes any more. The last pair of shoes I bought recently was a pair of Tom's. I have what I want already in my collection, and I only buy shoes to swear now.

There have been many shoes that I wanted but the hypebeasts and resellers got to them first. They can have them. I'll save my money and buy what I really want eventually.

Originally Posted by hipqoh84

when you get married and have kids, but still working at retail as a sales rep... it's like an addiction... so hard to let em go

I feel you man.
It definitely is hard to stop, especially if you are waiting for a particular release, like the 5's next year.

I'm sure some of you would be close to really "slowing down" as a crazy amount of heat has dropped the past 2-3 years.I only got the playoff 12 and oylmpic 6's to go this year. At this stage, hoping for some decent 5's to drop next year for the 23rd anni.Not much else to really buy. Try not to let the hype get to me of some retro + CW's .

I have honestly been losin' interest in the past year, especially since the Concords dropped. I been collecting for like 10 years but now people who dont know $hiT or even care about kicks are makin' it hard to get basically every release... hopefully this stops soon, but I doubt it!

im nearly done with the jordans that i need.

Bred 1
Fire red 3
Bred 4
Laney 5
Oly 6
Infrared 6
Bred/SJ/Columbia 11
Playoff/Obsidian/Bred 12
Bred 13

when i'm done collecting the 1s, 3s, 4s and 11s that I want. maybe a couple of random other ones here and there and maybe if i like any of the new ones, but so far i have liked any of the 2010-2012..

I would stop buying J's when it doesn't feel the same anymore and I think everybody no matter where they are on the collector scale or just a plain fans of the shoes, you get to a point where you see the price you know you can afford it but something clicks in your mind and you say "let the madness stop lol I have enough", personally for me I try to grab up some OG colorways but I have had them all and remember when it was actually easy to go get J's on Saturday morning lol

I Have stopped but still buy on the following conditions:
1) pay retail on or after RD
2) when I need to replace my favorite beaters

I am not going to even bother doing "homework" coz i am too old for it.... Plus, there are nicer things to buy without any of the hassles!!

I pretty much stopped buying, and I'm not coming back until they improve quality. White/red XIIIs were my grails, but the way the retro was done totally put me off. The elongated toe box and the darker red didn't look right

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

I pretty much stopped buying, and I'm not coming back until they improve quality. White/red XIIIs were my grails, but the way the retro was done totally put me off. The elongated toe box and the darker red didn't look right

those really weren't that bad. The leather was decent (relatively), but the overall construction was well done.

Originally Posted by dclee78

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

When MSRP shoots past $200 for retros. The price and quality just won't be worth it anymore.

I agree. But I'm almost done with my Jordan collection as I have almost all of my favorite ones.
Fact.

Back
Top Bottom