When was the last time people were actually happy with JB?

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

If you're happy with the packs you bought, great. But that's not the point dude was trying to make....your list of complaints come off as a contradiction when you basically knock all quality standards that JB put forth in the DMP XI/VI pack including the price.

Then you say if the guy had a chance at 3 packs when they first dropped how he probably would've copped too........I'm sure somewhere, some Nike/JB rep is reading your first reply and laughing...no offense.
grin.gif

Im not denying that I contradicted myself by purchasing. But I am human and contradiction is part of the human element. Anyone who says they have never contradicted themselves is a liar, plain and simple.

Usually when I have complaints about quality or price I dont buy. But when XIs are in the picture my mind goes blank and I Just cant resist the urge to buy a pair or three regardless of color, comfort or quality. I am aware that I am part of the problem and only contributing to JBs poor standards. They know that the XI is their cash cow and will always sell out(I know this too so I always buy them on RD) regardless of how well or poorly it is constructed. Im only reinforcing this notion by purchasing. Because I purchased last time JB is going to try to lower quality and raise prices next release and so on.  

Im a go against the grain kind of guy,  so I had to talk about the DMPs because as much as I like them (8/10 imo) I think they are overrated.

People talk about these shoes like they are the second coming of Christ.

They arent.

please excuse me, sounded like a total jerk.. but still, its what i've been preaching to people on and off the internet about jordans in general. if you really like the shoe, go for it, no matter the price or quality or hype around it. been hearing a lot more complaing on niketalk lately and it grew over the years, yet people still buy into the whole JB thing.. its just like when people hate on certain music artists and talk reckless like they know the person and they got 1000 of their songs on their iPod and know all the lyrics *wiz and currensy fans* *ahem*. all i'm saying is be true to yourself. if you really hated so many aspects of a shoe so damn much then why drop 310 plus tax on 3 pairs!? just saying..
with that being said if i had the extra funds i would have done the same, knowing there might be some things about the shoe i didn't like, but overall i know that i wouldn't regret the purchase. i completely understand why you said what you said, because "quality" and being "true to the OG colorway/standards" aren't always there when retros/expensive rare limited BS drops, but in the end who is really the foolish one, the people that drop gems for the masses or the ones that complain and still buy..

no disrespect to anyone sorry if offended..

Not offended at all. Def understand where your coming from.

& Like I said theyre still a 8/10 to me. They could have been a 10/10 though.

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

If you're happy with the packs you bought, great. But that's not the point dude was trying to make....your list of complaints come off as a contradiction when you basically knock all quality standards that JB put forth in the DMP XI/VI pack including the price.

Then you say if the guy had a chance at 3 packs when they first dropped how he probably would've copped too........I'm sure somewhere, some Nike/JB rep is reading your first reply and laughing...no offense.
grin.gif

Im not denying that I contradicted myself by purchasing. But I am human and contradiction is part of the human element. Anyone who says they have never contradicted themselves is a liar, plain and simple.

Usually when I have complaints about quality or price I dont buy. But when XIs are in the picture my mind goes blank and I Just cant resist the urge to buy a pair or three regardless of color, comfort or quality. I am aware that I am part of the problem and only contributing to JBs poor standards. They know that the XI is their cash cow and will always sell out(I know this too so I always buy them on RD) regardless of how well or poorly it is constructed. Im only reinforcing this notion by purchasing. Because I purchased last time JB is going to try to lower quality and raise prices next release and so on.  

Im a go against the grain kind of guy,  so I had to talk about the DMPs because as much as I like them (8/10 imo) I think they are overrated.

People talk about these shoes like they are the second coming of Christ.

They arent.

please excuse me, sounded like a total jerk.. but still, its what i've been preaching to people on and off the internet about jordans in general. if you really like the shoe, go for it, no matter the price or quality or hype around it. been hearing a lot more complaing on niketalk lately and it grew over the years, yet people still buy into the whole JB thing.. its just like when people hate on certain music artists and talk reckless like they know the person and they got 1000 of their songs on their iPod and know all the lyrics *wiz and currensy fans* *ahem*. all i'm saying is be true to yourself. if you really hated so many aspects of a shoe so damn much then why drop 310 plus tax on 3 pairs!? just saying..
with that being said if i had the extra funds i would have done the same, knowing there might be some things about the shoe i didn't like, but overall i know that i wouldn't regret the purchase. i completely understand why you said what you said, because "quality" and being "true to the OG colorway/standards" aren't always there when retros/expensive rare limited BS drops, but in the end who is really the foolish one, the people that drop gems for the masses or the ones that complain and still buy..

no disrespect to anyone sorry if offended..

Not offended at all. Def understand where your coming from.

& Like I said theyre still a 8/10 to me. They could have been a 10/10 though.

As a person who in his mid 20s owned only TWO pairs of Jordans before turning 17(the '03 Hare 8s & the OG Taxi XIIs), Ive been very happy with Jordan brand. They don't have to give us anything. People are never grateful for the things they have until they lose access to them. Imagine if Jordan released a letter in each box of the concords saying thanks for your allegiance to the brand but this is the FINAL Retro? Then we'd have a lot more to complain about. I have NEVER had ANY of the retros they've made in the past 2-4 years because I couldnt afford them; I'm just grateful for the chance to be able to get em. All of you idiots on here should feel the same way, and stop complaining about the quality of shoes you're going to buy anyway before JB gives you something to REALLY complain about.

As a person who in his mid 20s owned only TWO pairs of Jordans before turning 17(the '03 Hare 8s & the OG Taxi XIIs), Ive been very happy with Jordan brand. They don't have to give us anything. People are never grateful for the things they have until they lose access to them. Imagine if Jordan released a letter in each box of the concords saying thanks for your allegiance to the brand but this is the FINAL Retro? Then we'd have a lot more to complain about. I have NEVER had ANY of the retros they've made in the past 2-4 years because I couldnt afford them; I'm just grateful for the chance to be able to get em. All of you idiots on here should feel the same way, and stop complaining about the quality of shoes you're going to buy anyway before JB gives you something to REALLY complain about.

For some people, probably since the Defining Moments Pack Vi/XI came out.
That was the best pack that's ever been released IMHO.
I wouldn't say that it was all a downhill from there, JB has been steppin' it up lately on those retro releases.

For some people, probably since the Defining Moments Pack Vi/XI came out.
That was the best pack that's ever been released IMHO.
I wouldn't say that it was all a downhill from there, JB has been steppin' it up lately on those retro releases.

I have been happy with most of the recent releases: playoff XIII, Brod VII, Cement III, White/red XIII.

Not as thrilled with my True Blue III, or Cool Grey XI, but defminitley more pleased with them than the spacejams.

I have been happy with most of the recent releases: playoff XIII, Brod VII, Cement III, White/red XIII.

Not as thrilled with my True Blue III, or Cool Grey XI, but defminitley more pleased with them than the spacejams.

I just recently got into the sneaker game nd with the recent purchases i've made ( WG Vs, TB IIIs), I don't see why people complain about the quality. Maybe it'll be just one of those things I won't understand since I've never owned a pair of jordans pre-07. Overall if you take good care of the sneaker it'll last you a good amount of time nd its not like it falls completely apart nd the sole collapses as some people exagerate it with how "cheap" the quality is on the first wear. Just my opinion tho. Take it for what it is, an OPINION.

I just recently got into the sneaker game nd with the recent purchases i've made ( WG Vs, TB IIIs), I don't see why people complain about the quality. Maybe it'll be just one of those things I won't understand since I've never owned a pair of jordans pre-07. Overall if you take good care of the sneaker it'll last you a good amount of time nd its not like it falls completely apart nd the sole collapses as some people exagerate it with how "cheap" the quality is on the first wear. Just my opinion tho. Take it for what it is, an OPINION.

About a decade ago 
laugh.gif
  That's when my black/cement III Retros still said "Nike Air" on them instead of the overused Jumpman. Gentry Humphrey is the man that ruined Jordan shoes for me.

Oh well, all good. I don't care much about shoes these days.
tongue.gif

About a decade ago 
laugh.gif
  That's when my black/cement III Retros still said "Nike Air" on them instead of the overused Jumpman. Gentry Humphrey is the man that ruined Jordan shoes for me.

Oh well, all good. I don't care much about shoes these days.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by RiverPhoenix

Is this a joke?
laugh.gif
    We should be grateful that Jordan is willing to sell us junk?

Is this a joke?
laugh.gif

this is a good idea for a thread...

anyways, I have only been collecting since 2008 but I have never been displeased with any signature jordan I have ever bought. I think JB does a good job for the most part. I would like to see more creative and better colorways. I just dont understand the thought process behind some of their color schemes. I have never been bothered by fusions or team jordans or anything like that. Some people say "they are a disgrace" however JB is a business and they market not only to self proclaimed "sneakerheads" but the general public as well. JB has spoiled me lately with jams, cool greys, white cement and tb 3's, along with the upcoming releases i am happy

this is a good idea for a thread...

anyways, I have only been collecting since 2008 but I have never been displeased with any signature jordan I have ever bought. I think JB does a good job for the most part. I would like to see more creative and better colorways. I just dont understand the thought process behind some of their color schemes. I have never been bothered by fusions or team jordans or anything like that. Some people say "they are a disgrace" however JB is a business and they market not only to self proclaimed "sneakerheads" but the general public as well. JB has spoiled me lately with jams, cool greys, white cement and tb 3's, along with the upcoming releases i am happy

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

I am happy with JB.
I Buy what I like and stay away from what I don't like.
Exactly. I've never had a real problem, outside of the new V's being nubuck. 
But I have no problems with JB. They release the kicks, I buy the ones I like. 

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

I am happy with JB.
I Buy what I like and stay away from what I don't like.
Exactly. I've never had a real problem, outside of the new V's being nubuck. 
But I have no problems with JB. They release the kicks, I buy the ones I like. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Is this a joke?
laugh.gif
one mans trash is another mans treasure..
if you think it is "junk" then why would u even buy the shoes? why would u even be in this forum?

JB has you by the balls, cuz u call their shoes junk, but then call yourself a sneakerhead and still cop all the shoes

Back
Top Bottom