When will the Jersey (Throwbacks) Trend Come back? Circa 1999-2003

It never died for me. I still wear jerseys. I've been wearing jerseys since 94, back when reebok was makin reversibles and starter was still in. I actuallyhated when it became a trend. I hope the trend never comes back.

38qjLWzJoHAvPAd.jpg

i have a small collection of vintage NBA champion authentics that ive copped in the past year...i wear all of them (purplejazz Malone with mountains, green sonics Kemp, blue pinstripe orlando Penny, etc)

Most of the trends now are wack as hell. If I had some jerseys I'd wear them with no qualms.

I still cop jerseys.

Wear em' mostly when I go on vacation or just chillin with folks.

i actually have 2 griffey seattle authentics
and a white ladainian tomlinson authentic before they switched to their current style.

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

frown.gif
I always wonder when will people start wearing jerseys again? Last Time I saw a dude in a Jersey or Throwback was about Summer of '03.
tired.gif

I got a closet full of jerseys, just collecting dust. I'm waiting for them to come back in style, and for people to start wearing them again so I can pull them out. I damn sure am not going to wear one now with the way trends and fads are going nowadays.

Come to think about it...Can you wear Jerseys with Skinny Jeans and Selvedge denim?
laugh.gif

Does anybody here still wear jerseys? Since no one wears them any more and they're not in style.

Back in the day you would always catch someone in a jersey...now its skinny jeans louie loafers and schmedium tees.

I seriously want Jersey/Throwback trend to be back in style again. Only way that happens if Kanye dons one
laugh.gif
, but I know that's not happening.
eyes.gif
that's my problem
laugh.gif

wanna wear em, but all i have are my selvage denim, etc. to rock with em

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

ide wear em today, but all mine are too big, so ide have to start over with ones that fit and look good with fitted jeans and a smaller white instead of the throwback Footlocker tallTs

all i have is 4X, 5X swingmans and 56, 60 authentics.......
laugh.gif
them things would look silly now-a-dayz

i love mine, i lost a ton of weight so i bought some jereseys in my current size, the ones that were too big i sold dem, still got about 15 of em left, if icould fit in it i would still wear it

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Never again.
they fell outta favor one time and came right back

camron-mase-jim-jones.jpg

this was back when you was DOIN IT wit a champion replica. around 1993-94

IS THAT CAM AND JIM JONES NEARLY 20 YEARS AGO
eek.gif

For me Jerseys were a fun novelty that happened when I was in my late teens. While some throw backs looked cool or were so ugly that they looked good, they arejuvenile in terms of style and the novelty wears out, especially when it gets to the point that dudes had little or no idea about the player whose jersey hewas wearing.

Throw backs and authentic Jerseys were expensive as well. I could get several RL Polos for the price of a Mitchell and Ness and the polos will never go out ofstyle, get better with age, match everything less formal than a suit (the solid colored ones at least) and people do take you more seriously. It is unfair thatclothes do project certain stereotypes and images to others but they do and a Jersey makes you look like a kid (unless you are wearing your home team'sjersey or fitted on game day or something like that) and a polo shirt will make you seem like more of an adult to the rest of the world.

So when the economy improves and more people and young people especially, are able to burn a few bills on a garment that is only appropriate in very casualsituations, can throw backs or jerseys be like how they were from 1999-2004. Of course, even a robust economy is not a guarantee it will comeback, fashion isso random and generally is hard to predict beyond the next year or so.

I wear my team's jerseys when I go to a game or on game day. When the NBA season and NFL seasons roll back around, San Antonio is flooded with peoplewearing Spurs and Cowboys jerseys.

even if they did come back i couldnt do it.

i dont wear baggy clothes, id be wearin my jersey like D Howard in the Dunk Contest with some True Religion jeans.

it just wouldnt be right.

Whenever they come back Im getting a Deion Sanders Falcons throwback. That jersey is tough.

I have an insane jersey collection, I just can't bring myself to wear any of them for the reasons that Rexanglorum mentioned. As a teen I wore jerseys alot, as an adult I can't see myself wearing one unless I am attending a game and even then I would much rather just wear a hat and a regular tee.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i think alot of people would break their jerseys out its just that everyone got their stuff od big at the time.
This.

I'm currently in the process of re-buying them in my actual size now. Its too much of a hassle to get them tailored.

Originally Posted by bilbo07

Jerseys never go out of style for sports fans...
QFT, I usually wear my Lebron or Wade jersey the day after they have a monster game
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom