When will the Jersey (Throwbacks) Trend Come back? Circa 1999-2003

When a prominent rapper wears them, then the masses will follow.

As for me, I'm down to four jerseys. A road alternate John Stockton (which I won't wear until the day he gets inducted into the HOF, or when I hit thebeach), a home and away Derek Jeter, and a road Tony Parker.

NY Denim Seller wrote:

I got a closet full of jerseys, just collecting dust. I'm waiting for them to come back in style, and for people to start wearing them again so I can pull them out. I damn sure am not going to wear one now with the way trends and fads are going nowadays.

laugh.gif

Hypebeast.

indifferent.gif

I hope never.

I was more than glad when people stopped wearing jerseys of players they knew nothing about that were 4 sizes too large for them with a matching fitted, whichwas also on occasion 4 sizes too big, and matching kicks.

I still wear jerseys, and always have. All of mine fit great (Size 40 & 44 depending on which era/brand, minus my game-worn pieces), and I feel bad for thedudes who spent thousands on M&N's that go down to their ankles.

I actually have a throwback piece in the mail right now... maybe I'll start a new jersey thread in the "Sneaker Showcase" forum for us sportsfans.

And if anybody is looking to get back into jerseys, right now is the time. The market is dead, a ton of legit pieces on ebay with cheap "Buy it now"prices.

Originally Posted by trueballer507

NY Denim Seller wrote:

I got a closet full of jerseys, just collecting dust. I'm waiting for them to come back in style, and for people to start wearing them again so I can pull them out. I damn sure am not going to wear one now with the way trends and fads are going nowadays.
laugh.gif

Hypebeast.

indifferent.gif

word...i wore my barkley procut today ridin around da hood..i was literally da only dude wit a jersey on.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

like i said, most of ya slimed up ya jeans and now a jersey ain't rockin wit your skinny asss jeans
laugh.gif

i only rock my jerseys in da summer time wit jean shorts that wit they look balanced..anybody says anything i know my joint still worth 2x as much as theyentire outfit so i chuckle at hataz

and hypebeast.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I hope never.

I was more than glad when people stopped wearing jerseys of players they knew nothing about that were 4 sizes too large for them with a matching fitted, which was also on occasion 4 sizes too big, and matching kicks.

I still wear jerseys, and always have. All of mine fit great (Size 40 & 44 depending on which era/brand, minus my game-worn pieces), and I feel bad for the dudes who spent thousands on M&N's that go down to their ankles.

I actually have a throwback piece in the mail right now... maybe I'll start a new jersey thread in the "Sneaker Showcase" forum for us sports fans.

And if anybody is looking to get back into jerseys, right now is the time. The market is dead, a ton of legit pieces on ebay with cheap "Buy it now" prices.
You on jerseycentral?

I'm trying to get back into it as well (baseball) but the fakes have really improved.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I hope never.

I was more than glad when people stopped wearing jerseys of players they knew nothing about that were 4 sizes too large for them with a matching fitted, which was also on occasion 4 sizes too big, and matching kicks.

I still wear jerseys, and always have. All of mine fit great (Size 40 & 44 depending on which era/brand, minus my game-worn pieces), and I feel bad for the dudes who spent thousands on M&N's that go down to their ankles.

I actually have a throwback piece in the mail right now... maybe I'll start a new jersey thread in the "Sneaker Showcase" forum for us sports fans.

And if anybody is looking to get back into jerseys, right now is the time. The market is dead, a ton of legit pieces on ebay with cheap "Buy it now" prices.
You on jerseycentral?
Yeah, I just stick to the NBA section with some occasional trips to the General Jersey Talk section. I was also on NLT.

I saw two dudes walking with jerseys on today. I chuckled but it kinda made me want to wear my T-Mac Orlando jersey with the stars.
ohwell.gif

I hope never.

You on jerseycentral?
Yeah, I just stick to the NBA section with some occasional trips to the General Jersey Talk section. I was also on NLT.

same with me
pimp.gif

I wear one to every game i go.
but if my team is doing good, then i'll wear a jersey to school..

Originally Posted by eight2one

shame you dont wear your jerseys cuz others arent.
it's a shame if you don't do something,anything, just because others aren't.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I wish I didn't buy mine so damn big.
the only thing i'm regretting about them
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i think alot of people would break their jerseys out its just that everyone got their stuff od big at the time.
This.

I'm currently in the process of re-buying them in my actual size now. Its too much of a hassle to get them tailored.

same here i was debating on getting stuff tailored but i didn't wanna risk them messing the stuff up so i just sold stuff. i'm trying to bemore thoughtful in the stuff i get now too because back during the fad i would just cop stuff just to cop and never wear it and feel dumb like damn where didmy money go.

i got a few things on my want list.

home and road fred taylor jags jerseys size 52 or 54
patrick willis 49ers jerseys size 52 or 54 newer style and older style (if i ever sell my damn vernon davis jersey im coppin a willis
laugh.gif
)
curtis martin jets jerseys home and road
home and road urlacher bears with the cuffed sleeves
home and road wayne gretzky la kings jerseys
a few mets and lakers m&n's

i'm debating on what to do with my white orlando magic pinstripe penny procut though. its a 50 length plus 4. i love that jersey but it goes below myknees and im 6'0 so i haven't really worn it once. ill most likely end up selling or trading it somewhere down the line.

do you post on jerseycentral also?

I don't wear mine to go out but I do wear my Orlando Penny replica, Orlando Magic Francis, Orlando McGrady, and Indiana O'Neal jerseys around thehouse.
pimp.gif

i think alot of people would break their jerseys out its just that everyone got their stuff od big at the time.
This.

I'm currently in the process of re-buying them in my actual size now. Its too much of a hassle to get them tailored.

same here i was debating on getting stuff tailored but i didn't wanna risk them messing the stuff up so i just sold stuff. i'm trying to be more thoughtful in the stuff i get now too because back during the fad i would just cop stuff just to cop and never wear it and feel dumb like damn where did my money go.

patrick willis 49ers jerseys size 52 or 54 newer style and older style (if i ever sell my damn vernon davis jersey im coppin a willis
laugh.gif
)

i'm debating on what to do with my white orlando magic pinstripe penny procut though. its a 50 length plus 4. i love that jersey but it goes below my knees and im 6'0 so i haven't really worn it once. ill most likely end up selling or trading it somewhere down the line.

is that you pat??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YoungSk8

This.

same here i was debating on getting stuff tailored but i didn't wanna risk them messing the stuff up so i just sold stuff. i'm trying to be more thoughtful in the stuff i get now too because back during the fad i would just cop stuff just to cop and never wear it and feel dumb like damn where did my money go.

laugh.gif
)

i'm debating on what to do with my white orlando magic pinstripe penny procut though. its a 50 length plus 4. i love that jersey but it goes below my knees and im 6'0 so i haven't really worn it once. ill most likely end up selling or trading it somewhere down the line.

is that you pat??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
yes sir remember the good ol sports treasures days
laugh.gif

i miss running through that stores authentic and mitchell and ness stuff and wearing it to el camino thinkin i was doin it
laugh.gif
having keys to a jersey store during that time with no cameras defenitlymade your life good.

Originally Posted by C2345air

I don't like when guys wore those oversized jerseys though
frown.gif

and that is why theres a ton of people on here with jerseys sitting in that dark little corner of their closet being neglected. because that dude who was5'8 needed a size 60 jersey at the time to go with his tall tee so he could be doin it while listening to all the hit songs from 2002-2003

lol....i'm 6'1 and i rock a 52-56

154ufyp.jpg

my jerseys fit like that..its gotta be long that it looks like what da pros wear..but not long like a damn pajama tall tell

Back
Top Bottom