When will the Jersey (Throwbacks) Trend Come back? Circa 1999-2003

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by C2345air

I don't like when guys wore those oversized jerseys though
frown.gif

and that is why theres a ton of people on here with jerseys sitting in that dark little corner of their closet being neglected. because that dude who was 5'8 needed a size 60 jersey at the time to go with his tall tee so he could be doin it while listening to all the hit songs from 2002-2003
real talk
tired.gif
. what i wouldnt do to have all the jerseys ihave in a 48 or 52 right now

im 6'0 but skinny though i went from wearing 56-60 in nba and nfl jerseys to 48-52 in nba jerseys and 52-54 in nfl jerseys. part of it is due to the crappysizing on the later versions of reebok nba authentics and the current adidas authentics. the sizing is all screwed up. around 03-04 and 04-05 reebok decided tomake the jerseys fit longer length wise so reebok 56's fit more like 60's. i have a champion jason kidd jersey size 56 that jersey fits like a currentadidas authentic size 48.

the sizing is so damn inconsistent though now and the quality is garbage on alot of the newer authentics i see in stores.

i never really got into buying jerseys just to have them during that phase. like i am with fitteds, i couldn't wear the logos of another city. justcan't do it. other than the olympic kobe jerseys i got and the must have MJ jerseys, all of my gear is giants/49ers/warriors.

it's a given that jerseys get rocked at all sporting events. i got a couple authentic SF giant blank jerseys that i still wear a lot regardless. the fewfootball jerseys i got are old 49er players so those will never be "out of style". i'll never feel weird or awkward wearing an old jerry ricejersey. most of the warriors jerseys i got are all players who have been traded or left
laugh.gif
. i need to get a throwback and call it a day on that front.

oh yeah...and unless nike comes and becomes a official outfitter, i ain't coppin another authentic period.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

oh yeah...and unless nike comes and becomes a official outfitter, i ain't coppin another authentic period.

i doubt thats going to happen, reebok and adidas contracts are for a very long time.

they need to stop having one brand be the exclusive supplier for all the teams, because then the quality sucks.

back from 1998-2002 when you had nike, reebok, puma, starter, logo athletic, champion, and adidas all making authentic jerseys at one time during thoseyears, the quality was much better and authentic jerseys actually mean high quality authentic jerseys as close as you could get to what the players wear. alot of the current authentics are glorified overpriced garbage. prices go up every year but quality goes down.

Originally Posted by trueballer507

NY Denim Seller wrote:

I got a closet full of jerseys, just collecting dust. I'm waiting for them to come back in style, and for people to start wearing them again so I can pull them out. I damn sure am not going to wear one now with the way trends and fads are going nowadays.
laugh.gif

Hypebeast.

indifferent.gif
word...i wore my barkley procut today ridin around da hood..i was literally da only dude wit a jersey on.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

like i said, most of ya slimed up ya jeans and now a jersey ain't rockin wit your skinny asss jeans
laugh.gif

i only rock my jerseys in da summer time wit jean shorts that wit they look balanced..anybody says anything i know my joint still worth 2x as much as they entire outfit so i chuckle at hataz

and hypebeast.

that's until someone with some LV shuts you down
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

NY Denim Seller wrote:

I got a closet full of jerseys, just collecting dust. I'm waiting for them to come back in style, and for people to start wearing them again so I can pull them out. I damn sure am not going to wear one now with the way trends and fads are going nowadays.
laugh.gif

Hypebeast.

indifferent.gif
word...i wore my barkley procut today ridin around da hood..i was literally da only dude wit a jersey on.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

like i said, most of ya slimed up ya jeans and now a jersey ain't rockin wit your skinny asss jeans
laugh.gif

i only rock my jerseys in da summer time wit jean shorts that wit they look balanced..anybody says anything i know my joint still worth 2x as much as they entire outfit so i chuckle at hataz

and hypebeast.

laugh.gif

naw actually...a suns barkely procut is worth about 600 before its signed fams...u betta have a entire LVoutfit for me
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

i think alot of people would break their jerseys out its just that everyone got their stuff od big at the time.
This.

I'm currently in the process of re-buying them in my actual size now. Its too much of a hassle to get them tailored.

same here i was debating on getting stuff tailored but i didn't wanna risk them messing the stuff up so i just sold stuff. i'm trying to be more thoughtful in the stuff i get now too because back during the fad i would just cop stuff just to cop and never wear it and feel dumb like damn where did my money go.

i got a few things on my want list.

home and road fred taylor jags jerseys size 52 or 54
patrick willis 49ers jerseys size 52 or 54 newer style and older style (if i ever sell my damn vernon davis jersey im coppin a willis
laugh.gif
)
curtis martin jets jerseys home and road
home and road urlacher bears with the cuffed sleeves
home and road wayne gretzky la kings jerseys
a few mets and lakers m&n's

i'm debating on what to do with my white orlando magic pinstripe penny procut though. its a 50 length plus 4. i love that jersey but it goes below my knees and im 6'0 so i haven't really worn it once. ill most likely end up selling or trading it somewhere down the line.

do you post on jerseycentral also?
Yeah I post under jhawk826 on jerseycentral and jhawkcuse826 when nextleveltalk was running.

My jerseys aren't too big. I usually went a sz. up (52/XXL) from a XL. Like you, I am also skinny and 6'1" so it doesn't look to good on myframe. Just like you said, today the sizing is very inconsistent. I bought a 08 Olympic jersey in a 2X because everyone said that it fits like a X due to Nikeusing the System of Dress format. Boy were they wrong and because of that I am on the hunt for an extra large. I 'm also looking for my Vince CarterRaptors Alternate (Red) Authentic produced by Nike. Its somewhere in my closet but I can't find it. When I do, I'll wear that proudly
pimp.gif
. One of my favorite players ever. If I could find the jersey from his rookieyear, I'd be straight. As far as football jerseys go, they are too expensive. I really want a LT and a Adrian Peterson one but I can't cough up thatkind of cash.

According to what I read on NLT, Nike had the chance to re-up but the money wasn't in the jersey market anymore so they passed on thecontract.

back from 1998-2002 when you had nike, reebok, puma, starter, logo athletic, champion, and adidas all making authentic jerseys at one time during those years, the quality was much better and authentic jerseys actually mean high quality authentic jerseys as close as you could get to what the players wear. alot of the current authentics are glorified overpriced garbage. prices go up every year but quality goes down.
Agreed, although adidas is capable of doing nice authentic jerseys. I have a Heat jersey from '07-'08 that is sub-par, but I also haveNuggets jersey from this past season that is absolutely incredible. I think it's pretty much a coin toss when ordering an authentic adidas jersey.

My adidas NBA gamers from MGG are nicely done... I just wish they'd bring that quality to the retail front consistantly.

If I had to pick a favourite manufacturer, I'd probably go with Puma followed by Nike.

NY Denim Seller wrote:

laugh.gif

Hypebeast.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

and hypebeast.

laugh.gif
naw actually...a suns barkely procut is worth about 600 before its signed fams...u betta have a entire LV outfit for me
wink.gif

Like their isn't lv shoes that cost 600+

They're about to come back real soon..not like how they used to wear them though. Now it's just a nicely fitted jersey with a beater under it. It'sa fresh look with khakis or skinny jeans.

NY Denim Seller wrote:

laugh.gif

Hypebeast.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

and hypebeast.

laugh.gif
naw actually...a suns barkely procut is worth about 600 before its signed fams...u betta have a entire LV outfit for me
wink.gif
Like their isn't lv shoes that cost 600+

So it's a matter of whats more expensive, not what looks good anymore? Yikes

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

back from 1998-2002 when you had nike, reebok, puma, starter, logo athletic, champion, and adidas all making authentic jerseys at one time during those years, the quality was much better and authentic jerseys actually mean high quality authentic jerseys as close as you could get to what the players wear. alot of the current authentics are glorified overpriced garbage. prices go up every year but quality goes down.
Agreed, although adidas is capable of doing nice authentic jerseys. I have a Heat jersey from '07-'08 that is sub-par, but I also have Nuggets jersey from this past season that is absolutely incredible. I think it's pretty much a coin toss when ordering an authentic adidas jersey.

My adidas NBA gamers from MGG are nicely done... I just wish they'd bring that quality to the retail front consistantly.

If I had to pick a favourite manufacturer, I'd probably go with Puma followed by Nike.
puma made some nice jerseys i had peyton manning and eddie george puma authentics back in high school and i've been on the hunt for a bluesprewell knicks authentic jersey.

reebok made nice jerseys the first year they got the contract back (2001) when the jocktag had the teams helmet on it. i just got a navy mcnair 2001 reebokin the mail today and a white mcnair jersey as well as a little way of paying homage to him.

reebok the first time around 1995-1998 made nice jerseys as well. i remember getting a white reebok jerry rice 49ers authentic from ross prior to the 1999season when they swtiched to adidas for $15 that jersey was so nice. im still mad at myself for trading it for a bunch of swingmans in highschool.

I only wear Jerseys of players I like. I dont wear them 4 fashion.

I have 1 lebron Jersey that I seldom wear.

are you stockpiling all kinds of jerseys now for the low so when they come back u can kill all the cats wit ur fresh joints
laugh.gif

The only NBA jerseys I can see myself buying is Kobe Bryant and Brandon Roy.

I love baseball authentics. I love to wear them with a long sleeve shirt. I will always ride with MLB authentics. I'm gonna customize a Jeff Bagwell roadAstros soon.

I loved it when Nike had those handful of teams. But to me, RBK was a great supplier of NBA apparrell. I loved how they simplified the warmups, team sweatsuits etc. I'm not diggin' Adidas as all. Nike could've outfitted the NBA, but they declined and chose to outfit the USA Olympic team, and a coupleother international teams. The thought of every NBA team having Nike Dri-Fit material would've been great if it came to frutiion.

Back
Top Bottom