When will the Jersey (Throwbacks) Trend Come back? Circa 1999-2003

I remember back in 99,00 me n my boys used to travel from the UK n spend vacation ballin in Philly for a few weeks and one day we was walking all around n wefound the M&N store we had no clue wat it was but bein ball players n big basketball fans we went in and had a look.

It was like goin back 50 years I had no idea this was goin on back then the trend hadnt hit and I dont think they were moving a hell of alot of stuff there wasno fitteds but they had jerseys of most of the greats basketball n baseball and I remember seeing basketball warmup tops.

A few years later when the trend hit I was like damn thats the store we went into a few years back and then they were everywhere.

Best throwback I ever saw was a Rookie Sheed Bullets number 30 in red.

I have a small amount of jerseys
Authentics
2x Black away 99,00 Kings Jason Williams(One Starter one Puma,Starter had more detail and was better quality)
Home White 00 Kings Jason Williams (Puma)
Home White 03 Grizzlies Jason Williams (Reebok)

Nike Swingmans
Black Grizzlies Jason Williams
White Jordan Bulls throwback
Red Jordan Bulls throwback
Red White Blue Bullets throwback Jordan
Powder Blue Kobe Lakers throwback

SVSM Green Lebron T.A.G.

North Carolina Blue Stackhouse throwback

The pick of Cam and Mase from way back brings back memorys of the mid 90s when nike did the durasheen shiney replica college jerseys n shorts I had full awayVince Carter 15 Carolina uni duke away,Michigan away and Georgetown away shorts.

I also had the Nike College warmup/shooting shirts Carolina,Georgetown and Michigan

Watched Clockers not long ago n loved Mekhi Phifer in the full Damon Stoudamire era Arizona Red uni with some black hi top air force 1s
smokin.gif
I think Sticky wore the full Florida state uni in that movie to.

Quality over quantity I plan on rocking my home n away Authentic Kings J Will jerseys with matching fitteds and black/persian Air Max BWs in a few weeks whenim in NY I know i gonna turn some heads
pimp.gif

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

jean shorts + jersey > cargos + tee
50625d449874068bb88f2d9c3784ec479c6993e.gif
nerd.gif
your white?

jus copped a blue Didier Drogba recently and a yellow Brasil Robinho
pimp.gif

soccer kits r perfect for any occasion
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Leo Messi Barca kit
pimp.gif

I also just copped a Henry maroon Arsenal (the highbury days
pimp.gif
) kit.

soccer jerseys >

im on vacation up in Portland Or right now and on everything i seen two dudes yesterday rocking jerseys with du-rags under their pinwheel fitteds.. i did sucha crazy double take, it was like looking back in time or something. outlandish!

I was just in M&N yesterday lookin at hats, they still have a great collection of awesome jerseys...I swear if they were a little cheaper I'd restartthe collection but I'm not droppin 300 on a jersey anymore.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

tell me why current swingman jerseys run for 100 a pop on jerseycity.ca. smh

yeah pretty weak. If you are patient enough you can get Swingmans for cheaper as well as for $100 you can actually find authentics around that price.

Nike Swingman jerseys had a huge impact. Especially for the masses who couldn't afford authentics, nor wanted to bust the bank for one. I remember having aNuggets road McDyess, a road blue A.I., and a Jason Kidd Suns jersey in 2001.

honestly, if you stop wearing jerseys, you really shouldn't be starting up again, nobody over the age of 18 should still be wearing jerseys..... unless itsa soccer jersey or it's to a game/event and you're wearing the jersey of your team.... i dunno, only time jersey wearing was in for me was in HS...after that, you kind of permanently stash them away

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

Never wore Swingmans. Strictly Authentics.
basically.

i ain't ever coppin these newer jerseys though...all that shimmer material crap is terrible.

ain't nuffin like heavy weight double mesh stitched procut mid 90's basketball jerseys.
pimp.gif

you really shouldn't be starting up again, nobody over the age of 18 should still be wearing jerseys.
4a135231ebc43d6d56d3254aaf89a51285f3ebf.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i ain't ever coppin these newer jerseys though...all that shimmer material crap is terrible.

ain't nuffin like heavy weight double mesh stitched procut mid 90's basketball jerseys.
pimp.gif
I'm not a fan of the "shimmer" either, but don't mind it with some teams road jerseys (Denver, Miami). I absolutely hate whoevermade the decision to go to that material in Chicago.

I hope Boston never goes to that stuff.

Nike made the best jerseys and champion after that they fell off..

when nike gets the L back i will cop some King james stuff.

I don't know if the Jersey trend is going to come back (Could care less)

but I still wear Jerseys.

I still wear my jerseys. I only have a few - Red Steve Young 1994 75th Anniversary M&N...Red 60th Anniversary Jerry Rice M&N...Mitch Richmond White GSWarriors 90/91 M&N.....I also have a Rickey Hendersen White Majestic + Jordan Nike swingmans ( North Carolina, Red Bulls, USA #9) that I wear around thehouse or at the beach....Nothings wrong with rocking a jersey from time to time IMO...

Back
Top Bottom