When you guys cop in person, do you examine your pair like crazy and make sure it's perfect?

I do the same thing...I check them and sometimes switch pairs just to have the perfect pair.. quality now a days
eyes.gif

I stopped a while ago. I have never seen a "perfect" pair lately so I just expect a flaw or two, or three.

I really don't.. as long as i get my pair that is was my great satisfaction...ponyboy

I really don't.. as long as i get my pair that is was my great satisfaction...ponyboy

not much, i just check for any noticeable defect. i basically look at my shoe for a minute and that's it

just look for obvious stitching defects. glue stains dont really bother me bc when i wear them, they're bound to get scuffed.

ALWAYS.

I always examine my shoes before I get them.. in the store that is.

Sometimes, you could get discounts too.
PIFF!

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

no pair is going to be perfect, you'll always have a small imperfection whether it's extra glue or a tiny blemish...before I started working for FNL I did this all the time, now I just take them fresh off the truck and deal with it

no can do for special kickx...you just get your size and be happy ,you were able to copped one, but if given a chance it's always nice to pick the best in your eyes...

I've started inspecting them more since JB's and Nike's quality control has continued to go downhill.  Some releases are notorious for quality control issues: stitching, glue, paint, etc.

Only if I get a chance. Some shoes that were in high demand, such as the 6/17 CDP, made it so that I had no chance to carefully inspect my pair and ask for a new one. I'd be lucky to even have my size, so I just grab and go.

Always always always. If you're investing your money into something, you better make sure it's a quality product. Something JB has been lacking of recently. Almost every release I have to mix and match pairs to make sure I get two clean pairs.

sure do...if im paying 100+ dollars for them im checking to make sure they are good and not b-grade like...i learned my lesson when i copped a pair of kobe IV CD and then a pair from the outlets, the outlet pair was better made than the pair i copped in store (uneven foot sock on the tongue area, it messes up the cushioning on the front of my ankle when i play).

Absolutely!!! If I'm dropping money on a product, I want the product to be of satisfactory quality. I'm not against asking to check out a 2nd or 3rd pair if I'm not happy with the kicks.

i check both shoes for glue stains, dirt spots, definetly make sure they are up to par, its always good to see what you paying for... i had a bad experience with a pair of shes one time, never again

I always inspect. Especially, if they have more sizes in the back.

The last thing I need is a minor defect or a smudge, because it will bother the hell out of me. Even if it's not that noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom