Where are some legit gun ranges in the DMV?

I am looking for a place to fire off several new toys. I know they have some in WV but that is too far. Do any of the one's around here let you fire automatics? If you have any experience at ranges around the area please chime in. Thanks
smile.gif

by automatics do you mean Full Auto? If so, i would suggest you bring your paperwork showing it's legal. If it's not legal, i suggest you not bring it to a range.

Sharpshooters'-Lorton VA, off 95 exit 166. Pistol and shotguns only, no steel cased/core ammo (i.e. no russian made ammo, Wolf, Tula, etc) pretty good. If your not a member, you will pay a $10 monthly range membership and 15 for the the range. Range max is 25 yds, pretty average, nice selction of rental handguns. Avg wait can be from 15-45 mins. time limit is 1 hr

Maryland Small Arms range-near Andrews AFB, off 495, Pennsylvania ave exit. If you go on a weekend, be prepared to wait. A little more 'urban' than SS. $15 dollar lane fee, can shoot steel cased ammo. Be warned they do a lot police/security training and qualifications there, so even though they have 20+ lanes, half will be for classes. I've been there on a saturday and waited 2 hrs without getting on. Good place to go if your gonna do a lot of shooting (200 or more rounds)

NRA range- rifle, shotgun pistol. Nice facility, clean, most modern i've seen in the area. At NRA hq. Can shoot anything up to .460 Wetherby i believe. I think full auto fire is permitted there. Range is 50 yds, retractable targets, etc. Must have range card 910 bucks or so) and range fee is about 15 dollars. No steel core ammuniton, but steel cased is allowed. Rabgo officers are serious, being that it's the NRA range and all. Overall, probably the best open facility in this area. Wait times can be from 10-45 minutes on a saturday.

Clark Brothers- out in Warrenton. a good hour and a half from DC. range is free, but you have to buy ammo from them. About as 'fudd' as you'd expect from Warrenton VA. Rifle and pistol lanes. Rifles must be fired seated and they have target setups @ 25, 50 and 100 yds. Pistol lanes are 10 and 20 yds. Can't really say ive ever had to wait the 3-4 times ive been there

There are others in the area, but most are private facility not open to the public. If you know a member, they can get you in.

richiecotite wrote:
by automatics do you mean Full Auto? If so, i would suggest you bring your paperwork showing it's legal. If it's not legal, i suggest you not bring it to a range.

Sharpshooters'-Lorton VA, off 95 exit 166. Pistol and shotguns only, no steel cased/core ammo (i.e. no russian made ammo, Wolf, Tula, etc) pretty good. If your not a member, you will pay a $10 monthly range membership and 15 for the the range. Range max is 25 yds, pretty average, nice selction of rental handguns. Avg wait can be from 15-45 mins. time limit is 1 hr

Maryland Small Arms range-near Andrews AFB, off 495, Pennsylvania ave exit. If you go on a weekend, be prepared to wait. A little more 'urban' than SS. $15 dollar lane fee, can shoot steel cased ammo. Be warned they do a lot police/security training and qualifications there, so even though they have 20+ lanes, half will be for classes. I've been there on a saturday and waited 2 hrs without getting on. Good place to go if your gonna do a lot of shooting (200 or more rounds)

NRA range- rifle, shotgun pistol. Nice facility, clean, most modern i've seen in the area. At NRA hq. Can shoot anything up to .460 Wetherby i believe. I think full auto fire is permitted there. Range is 50 yds, retractable targets, etc. Must have range card 910 bucks or so) and range fee is about 15 dollars. No steel core ammuniton, but steel cased is allowed. Rabgo officers are serious, being that it's the NRA range and all. Overall, probably the best open facility in this area. Wait times can be from 10-45 minutes on a saturday.

Clark Brothers- out in Warrenton. a good hour and a half from DC. range is free, but you have to buy ammo from them. About as 'fudd' as you'd expect from Warrenton VA. Rifle and pistol lanes. Rifles must be fired seated and they have target setups @ 25, 50 and 100 yds. Pistol lanes are 10 and 20 yds. Can't really say ive ever had to wait the 3-4 times ive been there

There are others in the area, but most are private facility not open to the public. If you know a member, they can get you in.

Yeah, we have a license for it. I'm building it from scratch and we wanna test the calibrations out.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

But thank you so much...i eventually may hit them all up! And the club that rquire membership, are they ethnic friendly? I don't want them to think I'm some drug dealer or thug. I just really have a passion for firearms.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

richiecotite wrote:

Yeah, we have a license for it. I'm building it from scratch and we wanna test the calibrations out.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

But thank you so much...i eventually may hit them all up! And the club that rquire membership, are they ethnic friendly? I don't want them to think I'm some drug dealer or thug. I just really have a passion for firearms.

I can't say for certain if they're 'ethnic' friendly, but i know of one in Manassas that has an 18 month-2 yr waiting period, you have to be sponsored by a member, and annual dues are in the thousands of dollars....even if they would let me black $!@ in right now i couldn't afford that, so i've never even really gone into it.
Not to be nosy, but what are you working on? I've never shot a full auto gun before....
nerd.gif

AR-15 A2

It's official owned by him. Parts can be expensive...we put a little over 2,500 dollars into this...I always have to work on it at his house as they aren't allowed in DC. I want to be a state trooper and it seem damn near impossible to get a level-3 clearance unless you are one or military. 
frown.gif

#FEELSBATMAN

edit: You are welcome to come with us anytime. Just hit me up

Maryland Small Arms range-near Andrews AFB, off 495, Pennsylvania ave exit. If you go on a weekend, be prepared to wait. A little more 'urban' than SS. $15 dollar lane fee, can shoot steel cased ammo. Be warned they do a lot police/security training and qualifications there, so even though they have 20+ lanes, half will be for classes. I've been there on a saturday and waited 2 hrs without getting on. Good place to go if your gonna do a lot of shooting (200 or more rounds) <------ This is probably the best one, price wise!!

I used to got to MSAR ...

They be raping with the price for a box of shells ..
30t6p3b.gif

I now go to continental arms in Townson outside of Bmore .. , cheaper and a better selection ..

Granted none of you !*%%%# would venture that far North ..

On Target and MDSmall Arms you can bring in your ammo. I dont know who said you couldn't. I NEVER buy ammo from the range. Of course there would be a 'convience charge'. I go during the week to avoid you negros on the weekend. Usually take about 300 rounds with me shooting with two .40 cals.

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

On Target and MDSmall Arms you can bring in your ammo. I dont know who said you couldn't. I NEVER buy ammo from the range. Of course there would be a 'convience charge'. I go during the week to avoid you negros on the weekend. Usually take about 300 rounds with me shooting with two .40 cals.

Yep. If you buy ammo from the range, you almost deserve what they charge you.
Though i will say, last year MSAR was using RUAG match ammo as their standard stock ammo. $30 a box for .45 caliber match ammo...almost worth the price.

If you buy ammo at the range AND go at noon on a saturday, you definitely deserve it. 

*edit* I've never heard of a range that won't let you shoot your own, except for Clark Bros (thats cause the "range" is "free"). That happens in MD?
roll.gif
nerd.gif

Well I wouldn't buy range ammo of I was bringing my own gun either ..

I was just saying off renting the + ammo ..

But ok

Back
Top Bottom