Where are the clowns that labelled Reggie Bush a bust?

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Anybody who thought he was being drafted as a franchise running back was a moron. Dude wasn't even a full-time running back in college, ya'll are just in denial about giving the man his dues now.

He's a great football player, and a great asset to a very good team. Any team would be happy to have him. And therefore, no bust.

there is No possible way you can call Bush a great football player
eyes.gif
  alright

You have Low standards of football players if U can muster up the strength to call reggie Bush Great.

and there is really no discussion to be had about that. "
eyes.gif
"

If not a Bust, definitely a disappointment. Too inconsistent and is making #1 back money. He also proved the Texans to be right. Everyone was dogging them for not taking Bush or V.Young when in hindsight they ended up with the better of the three...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Bush is not a great player, but he's good. you all would want him on your teams.
Not really, I can honestly say that I prefer Ricky Williams. Dude is 32, got suspended, had to play in Canada for a while, comes back and still has a better year than Bush has ever had.

so with that wonderful receiving core of yours, you wouldnt want to add a guy who is a great passcatcher out of the slot?

i wonder if Chad Pennington, Sparano, or anyone actually involved with the Miami Dolphins organization would agree with that...
eyes.gif

Some of dudes are countering with the dumbest of arguments...

Of course most people would love to have him on their teams...that's not the point.

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Anybody who thought he was being drafted as a franchise running back was a moron. Dude wasn't even a full-time running back in college, ya'll are just in denial about giving the man his dues now.

He's a great football player, and a great asset to a very good team. Any team would be happy to have him. And therefore, no bust.

there is No possible way you can call Bush a great football player
eyes.gif
  alright
that was your chance bro

Id take Reggie Bush anyday. Putting Reggie Bush in the same category as Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Vernon Gholsten is ridiculous. Sure he wasnt the explosive guy we thought he would be but hes still a guy who the Saints rely on. He's been clutch in the playoffs.
He puts up numbers. He shares playing time with a number of weapons on the Saints.

And to the person who compared Bush to Pierre Thomas and Colston, you cant call him a bust because they put up good numbers while not having the hype. Thats like saying Kevin Williams is a bust because he was a 1st round pick (9th overall) but has less than twice as many sacks as jared allen who was a 4th rounder (30th overall) pick.

^^^Well you don't really expect a Defensive Tackle to have as many sacks as an End... He's there to stop the run basically.

IMO a bust = a disappointing draft pick. If you told the Saints on the day they drafted Bush that he would be the player he is now (role player) with the stats he has now (mediocre), they would surely be disappointed. No?

Definitely overrated.. idk about a bust though... cuz he is still effective but just not worth a number 2 overall pick for sure

it looks like we all have disagreements on what a bust is.

a disappointing draft pick is just that, a disappointing draft pick. not every 'underachieving' player is a bust.

to me, a BUST is someone who had high expectations and just completely failed to perform. a guy who not only makes a team regret picking him, but makes people wish he wasn't on the team at all. Jamarcus Russell, Charles Rogers, Troy Williamson, etc. those guys are/were all wanted GONE by their respective teams and fanbases. i never hear anybody say "cut Reggie Bush" or "get Bush outta here"

Bush has been disappointing for many, but he's still a good player and obviously the Saints are happy he's on the team. he just does not qualify as bust status.

to me, a BUST is someone who had high expectations and just completely failed to perform. a guy who not only makes a team regret picking him, but makes people wish he wasn't on the team at all. Jamarcus Russell, Charles Rogers, Troy Williamson, etc. those guys are/were all wanted GONE by their respective teams and fanbases. i never hear anybody say "cut Reggie Bush" or "get Bush outta here"

i have never heard anyone describe a bust like this before. Seems like you're just creating a definition that wouldn't include Reggie Bush. By most accounts, Kwame was liked by a lot of his fellow players and chilled with them off-court. So he's not a bust?

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

i have never heard anyone describe a bust like this before. Seems like you're just creating a definition that wouldn't include Reggie Bush. By most accounts, Kwame was liked by a lot of his fellow players and chilled with them off-court. So he's not a bust?

Exactly. People are just making up definitions to suit Reggie Bush. According to your crazy definition, Kwame Brown isn't a bust.

laugh.gif
Some of yall are out your damn minds

On a different team i think he would put up big numbers, the saints dont nearly use him the right way, they never have. Saints are winning though, so they dont need to do anything different. Me personally, i think i would rather be on a winning team and maybe not have the numbers that everyone expects of me instead of being on a lousy team and put up huge personal numbers but never even sniff the playoffs.

Take the Arizona game for instance, Reggie was obviously on fire that game, yet the Saints offense called 5 running plays for Reggie all day. Thats is, 5 in which he gained 84 yards. All together gained over 200 yards that game. Players like that i dont consider a bust.

I definitely see everyones point, given the hype surrounding Reggie coming out of school but like i said it's the system and not Reggie. He never was a power runner, but his success at SC was due to playcalling that benefited his style, something that Sean Payton obviously isnt concerned with nor should he be.

Ask guys like Calvin Johnson, or hell even Chris Johons or MJD if they would rather put up huge personal numbers or be part of a team thats gets a chance to play in the Super Bowl. My guess is they'd appreciate the shot at the Super Bowl Ring.
Also there arent all that many guys in the league that have that hold your breath factor like Reggie does everytime he touches the ball. Hate him or not there really isnt any arguing that.  

Originally Posted by FeelMode

laugh.gif
Some of yall are out your damn minds

On a different team i think he would put up big numbers, the saints dont nearly use him the right way, they never have. Saints are winning though, so they dont need to do anything different. Me personally, i think i would rather be on a winning team and maybe not have the numbers that everyone expects of me instead of being on a lousy team and put up huge personal numbers but never even sniff the playoffs.

Take the Arizona game for instance, Reggie was obviously on fire that game, yet the Saints offense called 5 running plays for Reggie all day. Thats is, 5 in which he gained 84 yards. All together gained over 200 yards that game. Players like that i dont consider a bust.

I definitely see everyones point, given the hype surrounding Reggie coming out of school but like i said it's the system and not Reggie. He never was a power runner, but his success at SC was due to playcalling that benefited his style, something that Sean Payton obviously isnt concerned with nor should he be.

Ask guys like Calvin Johnson, or hell even Chris Johons or MJD if they would rather put up huge personal numbers or be part of a team thats gets a chance to play in the Super Bowl. My guess is they'd appreciate the shot at the Super Bowl Ring.
Also there arent all that many guys in the league that have that hold your breath factor like Reggie does everytime he touches the ball. Hate him or not there really isnt any arguing that.  
That was also against a loose cards D.

As a #2 pick, you'd expect a whole lot more, but Bush clearly never lived up to the hype and expectations people had for him. But of course I'd still want him on my team, no question

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Exactly. People are just making up definitions to suit Reggie Bush. According to your crazy definition, Kwame Brown isn't a bust.

Yall didn't see Kwame get booed by the fans?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bush is no where near what people thought he would be

duke had 33 yards today thats it.

Bush is hit or miss , inconsistent at best .

Originally Posted by FeelMode

On a different team i think he would put up big numbers, the saints dont nearly use him the right way, they never have.
What? Are you serious? The Saints use him as best as they can, running him on fly sweeps, quick screens and getting him 1 on 1's against lb's. Whats your plan to give him a team thats gonna pound him the rock 20-25 times a game? He couldnt even do that in college, for one of the most dominant lines i have ever seen, what makes you think his body and his inconsistent running style could support even the consideration of that idea. If he is your horse, then you arent gonna have him as your PR too, which as of right now is his most developed skill. He is the 3rd best rb on that team, and to just hand him the ball every time a la Chris Johnson would be damn foolish.

Back
Top Bottom