Where are the clowns that labelled Reggie Bush a bust?

I expected him to be more dominant by this time though...but some of it, he's just been very unlucky with injuries. I'll give him another year...people forget dude had microfracture in late 08 wasnt it?

It takes at least 1 whole year to recover fully from that injury.

I never thought Reggie was going to be an everydown back BUT I thought he would be doing better than he is now. I figured that after a couple years, w/ NFL teaching he would be able to fine tune some of the things he was bad at (running between the tackles, getting north-south rather than east-west all the time, punishing tacklers, etc) but at this point he hasn't. He's the same player he was coming out of college. So, yeah, he's a bust. But, he's a athletically gifted bust so he'll still show you the flashes of brilliance to make you think back to what he was, and what you thought he would be. But you have to look at the sum of his production. And it doesn't measure up. At the beginning of the season, I thought he was overhyped, but not a bust. As of now, I gotta throw him in that bust category.

To be fair, you shouldn't just resurrect only the threads where people call him a bust. To balance it out, you should also post links to the threads that showcase just how much hype this guy got around the time he was drafted.

A bust isn't simply just a guy who did not meet expectations.

To me, a bust is a guy who has completely failed to be an asset to his team.

For example, lets say an NBA team had the #2 overall pick and they drafted a SG who they expected to average 25 ppg, but that player ends up being a 6th man who averages 15 ppg over his career. The player obviously did not meet expectations but has an extremely productive career. Is he a bust because he did not meet the organization's lofty expectations? Of course not. He still became a useful SG, just in a different capacity.

Reggie Bush was expected to be a game breaker and an elite NFL RB. While he is no where near an elite RB, he remains a game breaker. Any time he gets the ball he is capable of scoring a TD. He is on a GREAT offensive team with so many weapons so his numbers probably aren't as high as they would be on another team. He caught almost 90 balls in his rookie season...this year he caught only 50 balls because Brees always has other options to throw to. So while Bush has not become an every down back and he has not 'revolutionized' the position, he's still an extremely productive player who is capable of making huge plays every time he catches the ball. He isn't that great on the ground but it's 2010 in the NFL. Almost every team has 2 solid RBs. It'd be great if the Saints could have one guy who is the total package but at least Reggie does one thing really well (receiving).

Are we talking about the same Reggie Bush that ran for 300 yards?

THE WHOLE SEASON
indifferent.gif

BUST

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

A bust isn't simply just a guy who did not meet expectations.

To me, a bust is a guy who has completely failed to be an asset to his team.

For example, lets say an NBA team had the #2 overall pick and they drafted a SG who they expected to average 25 ppg, but that player ends up being a 6th man who averages 15 ppg over his career. The player obviously did not meet expectations but has an extremely productive career. Is he a bust because he did not meet the organization's lofty expectations? Of course not. He still became a useful SG, just in a different capacity.

Reggie Bush was expected to be a game breaker and an elite NFL RB. While he is no where near an elite RB, he remains a game breaker. Any time he gets the ball he is capable of scoring a TD. He is on a GREAT offensive team with so many weapons so his numbers probably aren't as high as they would be on another team. He caught almost 90 balls in his rookie season...this year he caught only 50 balls because Brees always has other options to throw to. So while Bush has not become an every down back and he has not 'revolutionized' the position, he's still an extremely productive player who is capable of making huge plays every time he catches the ball. He isn't that great on the ground but it's 2010 in the NFL. Almost every team has 2 solid RBs. It'd be great if the Saints could have one guy who is the total package but at least Reggie does one thing really well (receiving).
Ehh, you can justify it this way and that way, but calling people "clowns" for saying RB is a bust is just dumb and you're reaching way too hard. A part of the "bust" label has to do with the money that a given draft pick gets. If you think the Saints or any other NFL team are/would be happy paying Reggie Push top draft pick money, you're nuts. You're usually on point with your soccer stuff but not so much here. Maybe you got excited and reacted emotionally to a couple of "good" games by Reggie. 

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Are we talking about the same Reggie Bush that ran for 300 yards?

THE WHOLE SEASON
indifferent.gif

BUST
Yes b/c Reggie Bush dictates how many carries he should get per game..  All I know he gets TD's..
Oh how I would love him over Steve Slaton
frown.gif

I think a lot of people forget about his receiving and special teams yards/scores/plays. Still, he probably hasn't put up the numbers you would expect from the #2 overall pick in the draft but he does have some eye popping plays you would expect from a #2 overall pick. However, he is a weapon on his team and in the Saints pass-heavy offense he doesn't have to be the guy they go to on every play. I think he is an excellent fit in New Orleans because of his pass catching skills.

Other players in the 2006 draft the Saints could have drafted:
Haloti Ngata
Antonio Cromartie
Santonio Holmes
DeAngelo Williams
Nick Mangold
Maurice Jones-Drew
Brandon Marshall
Elvis Dumervil

overrated, and ppl were killing the texans for not taking him number 1 overall....

maybe its cuz hes on the wrong team....

all these offensive usc players are always overrated

I remember when dude came out in the draft, people in the media were comparing him to Barry Sanders and Gayle Sayers.
laugh.gif

Bush has done nothing to warrant the hype he received in the draft a few years back. He's a good role player, and he contributes, but this is not some elite back we're talking about...

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

overrated, and ppl were killing the texans for not taking him number 1 overall....

Que.. The only offensive players coming out that was even remotely Ever Hyped coming out of USC were Mike Williams, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Carson Palmer... So invalid statement on your part bud.  And I still want Reggie Bush over Mario Williams.. Has anyone seen our running backs the last 5 years
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

to me, a BUST is someone who had high expectations and just completely failed to perform. a guy who not only makes a team regret picking him, but makes people wish he wasn't on the team at all. Jamarcus Russell, Charles Rogers, Troy Williamson, etc. those guys are/were all wanted GONE by their respective teams and fanbases. i never hear anybody say "cut Reggie Bush" or "get Bush outta here"

i have never heard anyone describe a bust like this before. Seems like you're just creating a definition that wouldn't include Reggie Bush. By most accounts, Kwame was liked by a lot of his fellow players and chilled with them off-court. So he's not a bust?

Exactly. People are just making up definitions to suit Reggie Bush. According to your crazy definition, Kwame Brown isn't a bust.
umm... what? everyone was calling for Kwame's head when he was in LA. Michael Jordan hated him when he was with the Wizards.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Que.. The only offensive players coming out that was even remotely Ever Hyped coming out of USC were Mike Williams, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Carson Palmer... So invalid statement on your part bud.
Huh? All those dudes are overrated. Maybe not Carson Palmer but the rest of those dudes on that list are
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

so with that wonderful receiving core of yours, you wouldnt want to add a guy who is a great passcatcher out of the slot?

i wonder if Chad Pennington, Sparano, or anyone actually involved with the Miami Dolphins organization would agree with that...
eyes.gif
Reggie Bush- 390 rushing yards, 335 receiving, 8 combined TDs

Ricky Williams- 1121 rushing yards, 214 receiving, 13 combined TDs

I'll let the numbers speak for themselves
grin.gif

I dont think Reggie Bush was a Bust. He did not live up to expectations but is still a gamebreaker with great speed who can catch the ball, run off the outside and change the game via special teams. Vernon Gholston, he has been a bust. Gallery the number 2 overall pick was not what he was supposed to be but has turned into a good guard. Akili Smith, Couch, Leaf and charles rogers are busts

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Que.. The only offensive players coming out that was even remotely Ever Hyped coming out of USC were Mike Williams, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Carson Palmer... So invalid statement on your part bud.
Huh? All those dudes are overrated. Maybe not Carson Palmer but the rest of those dudes on that list are
sick.gif
When someone says ALL These.. I'm thinking there are a plethora of Stand out offensive players to come from USC.. Seeing 3/4 up there is Enh... That's what I was getting at... And the jury is still not out on Matt Leinart for me.. I'll see what happens when he actually starts a full year aside from his rookie season.  Poor Mike Williams
frown.gif

Don't feel sorry for Mike Williams. He was a bum who never bothered to learn how to run routes or block downfield. Everyone who watched Pac-10 games on a regular basis when he played knew his weaknesses, but the national press fawned over his highlight reel and thought he was the surest bet as an NFL player.

This argument is redundant. It's always going to be opinions. Forget the fact that the Saints are 3-1 in the Playoffs with him on the team. That he's scored 5 TDs in 4 career playoff games, rushing, receiving, and returning.

How many times have the Texans been to the playoffs since drafting Williams?

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I remember when dude came out in the draft, people in the media were comparing him to Barry Sanders and Gayle Sayers.
laugh.gif

Dude is a bust.  For the amount of money the Saints are paying him, he certainly isn't worth it. 

Reggie Bush- 390 rushing yards, 335 receiving, 8 combined TDs

Ricky Williams- 1121 rushing yards, 214 receiving, 13 combined TDs

I'll let the numbers speak for themselves
grin.gif

Seems pretty clear Bush would be better for the Dolphins
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom