Where are y'all watching the Mayweather/Hatton fight?

I really want to watch this fight, but none of my boys care less about it and I'm not gonna order it myself. Anyone else trying to watch the fight in theNova area?

it always seems like these things end in some kind of violence in this area....i can almost see it turning on FOX at 11 and a "a night where friends cameto watch a fight turned deadly in Oxon Hill tonight....."

I'm debating on ordering myself.... but it seems like PPV boxing ain't what it used to be....

I've been talking mad trash.

So I'm staying home just in case Mayweather gets dealt with.

For some reason, this fight puzzles me.....

I think MayWizzle will win, but that dude is goin to give him something to deal with.

Word to Lucky Charms.

pops ordered this...wish i had some beers for this
frown.gif

Good fight... Hatton was eating those right jabs early in the match, but Mayweather tagged him good in the 10th to KO. Hatton's trainer, IMO threw thetowel to early.. I know he fell on his own but at least wait for the middle of the count or something.

^^^ that would defeat the point of throwing in the towel. they were concerned for their fighter, and at that point it was apaprent the fight was over. if theywanted to see how long he could last theyd just let the ref count him out. and the ref waved it before the towel came in anyway.

Did you hear? Mayweather is preparing to release a album. He started a record company called awhile back called philthy rich records.
eyes.gif

I once read a quote in an old issue of vibe magazine. It went something like this. " I was recently at a party in Hollywood. The room was full of rappers,athletes, and gangsters. The athletes wanted to be rappers, the rappers wanted to be gangsters, and the gangsters wanted to be rappers."

I guess no matter how large and lush your pasture is, you always feel like the grass may be greener on the other side.

I didn't want to create a new thread for this topic, being that I recall a boxing related thread in this section in the past (and since this isn't thesport section)... But Anyways...

The man who could become the next heavyweight boxing champion is from DC

poster.jpg

"I really don't like getting hit," Tony Thompson said. "I really don't like to train for boxing. I'mjust good at it. It's what I do to make a living. If I had my choices of making a living, I'm not one of those people who would say boxing. ... Boxingwas so far down the list for me."

Source (was on in the USAToday)

Anyone watching? I'm not a heavyweight fan but hummm... I plan to watch!

I really don't like to train for boxing. I'm just good at it
indifferent.gif
....LOAFING, thats whyhe lost....
that Klitschko dude didnt even knock him out, Thompson fell asleep in the 11th round
laugh.gif
....fight was boring though
smh.gif

Thompson seems to give up in the 11th. Even though he wasn't going to win, it looked like he decided to lay down.

Keeping on with the Boxing talk and more importantly the local athletes

Keep an eye out for Gary Russell in the Olympics... you can Google his name and find many articles about him. Also if you have Mojo check the On Demand"A Shot of Glory" about him.

284.jpg

July 31th 9PM

119-pound boxer Gary Russell Jr. grew up in the ring-he's been shadowboxing since age two. Growing up in Capital Heights, Md., Gary was coached his entire life by a father who once had his own Olympic boxing dreams. Gary is the youngest member of USA Boxing's Elite Team and the number one amateur international bantamweight champion of the world. He won both the U.S. Championships and National Golden Gloves at just sixteen. Gary is slowly adjusting to life away from Dad and home as part of the USA boxing team. Watch Gary morph from boy to man as he must choose between listening to his father and learning the ways of international fighting.

MOJOhttp://www.mojohd.com/mojoseries/ashotatglory/episodes/view/boxing_gary_russell_jr HD Source

EDIT: WOW Dude got disqualified from the games.
frown.gif

As im gathering links and sources for my post here I read the following:

[h2]Russell Jr. Collapses, Will Miss Olympics![/h2]
Gary Russell, Jr's hopes for an Olympic medal are over before they even start.

The Capitol Heights, MD resident collasped late Thursday night after trying to make weight. At the weigh-in, Russell was disqualified for being one pound over the 119-pound bantamweight limit. Later, Russell was found unconscious and severely dehydrated by one of his teammates, Luis Yanez. According to NBC, medical personnel were able to rehydrate him after he made a final attempt to make weight.

"We became alarmed a couple of days ago when we saw he wasn't sweating like he should," US Head Coach Dan Campbell told NBC after Friday's draw. "When these kids try to make weight, sometimes they cut corners. What we believe is he did not increase his fluid intake after we told him to."

According to Teddy Atlas, who is calling the boxing tournament for NBC, Russell was five to six pounds overweight earlier in the week but assured Atlas that he would be fine come weigh-in.

"It's the fighters - and the coaches' responsibility - to make sure they are on weight," Atlas said. "Plus USA Boxing started a residential program to better prepare its boxers and you would have expected that this type of situation would never have happened. Its embarrassing."

Russell weighed 121 pounds Thursday and was trying to get to the required 119 before the weigh-in at 6 a.m. Friday. He went running to get the last two pounds off and collapsed after returning to the Olympic Village. His father Gary Russell Sr., said that his son passed out after resting from the run. He was treated with fluids by doctors at his dormitory but was not hospitalized.

Russell Jr. is the first USA boxer to be disqualified from the games since David Jackson in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, Australia.

"I'm extremely disappointed," Russell said in a statement released by USA Boxing Friday afternoon. "Competing in the Olympic Games has always been one of my dreams, and I wish I would have been able to represent my country alongside my teammates."

The USA Team now has only eight boxers -- its smallest contingent since 1948.

Sad, I didn't know dude but I was cheering for him and from what I hear/seen he had a great chance at gold.
frown.gif
Anyways, guess yall can still check out the video On Demand. The USA Boxing team isn't strong and this dude was probably one of the best boxers.

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Ricky Hatton: Who ya got?

I wouldn't put my money on either fighter... just too many variables to predict but hummm... I hope for a good and entertaining fight!

Who you got??? Who you betting on?

Didn't want to create a new thread.

^^ Hatton is a lot faster now. Mayweather Sr. is his trainer.

If you watched 24/7 you can def. tell he's made a big change in his style.

Hopefully he doesnt go back to old habits in the ring.... should be a great fight.

Look he's beatin on dudes without bein touched.
last time he really got knocked out was in 99.

Dude speed is increible

I'm flip btw
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom