Where did the Retro Cards go??

I've been collecting for six years now and I got to say there are a bunch of releases I missed out on, so I am definitely a fan of the retros coming out now. I know the quality is not as good but they still look fire and wear decently. Maybe a little late but is it just me or is anyone else heated that new releases don't come with retro cards?

I've been collecting for six years now and I got to say there are a bunch of releases I missed out on, so I am definitely a fan of the retros coming out now. I know the quality is not as good but they still look fire and wear decently. Maybe a little late but is it just me or is anyone else heated that new releases don't come with retro cards?

The cost of cards for hundreds of thousands of pairs of shoes cuts into JB's profits, even with the price increases.
No cards equals more money for JB.
Whether they're putting that money back into the quality of the shoes is a different story.

The cost of cards for hundreds of thousands of pairs of shoes cuts into JB's profits, even with the price increases.
Whether they're putting that money back into the quality of the shoes is a different story.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Answer ^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Answer ^^^^^^^

of course the money isnt going into quality? If the crap quality sells, then why would they improve it? JB is VERY greedy in this respect. They USED to care about the performance (which includes quality), but not anymore. Now it seems like all they're after is money.....kind of sad coming from a SPORTS brand.

I read in the retro section (a thread about Nike Sportswear quality) that someone cut open a shoe and an entire air unit (or something like that, I can't remember exactly) was missing that was on the OGs....stuff like that is unacceptable....but because they and JB have so many customers (the stores are the true customers since they give their money to Nike/JB, but as long as the people keep buying the stores will keep ordering) who dont care about quality, the stuff still sells and they just rake in the profits.

of course the money isnt going into quality? If the crap quality sells, then why would they improve it? JB is VERY greedy in this respect. They USED to care about the performance (which includes quality), but not anymore. Now it seems like all they're after is money.....kind of sad coming from a SPORTS brand.

I read in the retro section (a thread about Nike Sportswear quality) that someone cut open a shoe and an entire air unit (or something like that, I can't remember exactly) was missing that was on the OGs....stuff like that is unacceptable....but because they and JB have so many customers (the stores are the true customers since they give their money to Nike/JB, but as long as the people keep buying the stores will keep ordering) who dont care about quality, the stuff still sells and they just rake in the profits.

Lets be honest the cards were a nice gesture by the brand but who honestly did anything with them other than leave them in the box. I rather have better quality and lower prices than retro cards. Now if he threw in BB cards which showed him wearing that particular sneaker then I would be all for that.

Lets be honest the cards were a nice gesture by the brand but who honestly did anything with them other than leave them in the box. I rather have better quality and lower prices than retro cards. Now if he threw in BB cards which showed him wearing that particular sneaker then I would be all for that.

Do I care whether they are still releasing with them or not? No... If I own a shoe that had a retro card, do I want to have that card, do I care if I have it? Yes. It's part of the original packaging for that release. That's my stand on it

Do I care whether they are still releasing with them or not? No... If I own a shoe that had a retro card, do I want to have that card, do I care if I have it? Yes. It's part of the original packaging for that release. That's my stand on it

Used to be cool to open up a box of Retros, and see the Retro card in there.

I still get same feeling with pre-2005 retros.

Used to be cool to open up a box of Retros, and see the Retro card in there.

I still get same feeling with pre-2005 retros.

to throw bootleggers off. they'll put a retro card with anything................ or just to save money.

Back
Top Bottom