Where has Drake been hiding at lately?

Originally Posted by StillIn729

didnt he say he was staying in the shadows to let Lil Wayne do his thing?
Well in a recent interview about that Wayne x Drake duo album, he said that he's waiting for Wayne until he's done all his other priorities before he wants to finish up that album.
Saying how he wants a focused Wayne for the album and not a situation where he'll do one track periodically.

And someone said something about Drake being in clubs. He was at a joint here in Toronto a couple of recently. Dude had the audacity to wear a bright orange hoody. lol

Originally Posted by StillIn729

didnt he say he was staying in the shadows to let Lil Wayne do his thing?
Well in a recent interview about that Wayne x Drake duo album, he said that he's waiting for Wayne until he's done all his other priorities before he wants to finish up that album.
Saying how he wants a focused Wayne for the album and not a situation where he'll do one track periodically.

And someone said something about Drake being in clubs. He was at a joint here in Toronto a couple of recently. Dude had the audacity to wear a bright orange hoody. lol

Originally Posted by D723

Just as a fan of music how can y'all not like Drake? Can someone just explain to me what makes you guys hate his music?

And PLEASE none of those weak *!* "He makes simp music" answers.
I'm interested in this as well.

Just as a fan of music how can y'all not like Drake? Can someone just explain to me what makes you guys hate his music?

personally, i like when he's rapping. but his r&b isnt that great. Even though one of my favorite songs from him is Sooner than Later so **% do i know.

personally, i like when he's rapping. but his r&b isnt that great. Even though one of my favorite songs from him is Sooner than Later so **% do i know.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

D723 wrote:

They're really not gonna have a good answer. Dudes music is piff and he's consistent, TML was a contender for best album of 2010 never understood why some people didn't like it. Should have won a grammy for it instead of that awful piece of crap of an album Recovery
sick.gif

D723 wrote:

They're really not gonna have a good answer. Dudes music is piff and he's consistent, TML was a contender for best album of 2010 never understood why some people didn't like it. Should have won a grammy for it instead of that awful piece of crap of an album Recovery
sick.gif

Well, he's been out for a minute, but he was on two big songs with "What's my name" and "Moment for life" so that's cool. He's on wayne's album do out this month, he's on the maybach music album coming out this month, he's on twist album scheduled to come out next  month, he's on the all of the lights remix, he's doing the features heavy on the low. Or, He might be doing a movie. He might actually just be chilling, relaxing, enjoying the fruits of his labor. He really hasn't dropped anything in awhile though as far as his music. I would love to hear something new from drake.

One of the best rappers in the game and quietly, is one of the best if not the best r&b artist in the game.

Well, he's been out for a minute, but he was on two big songs with "What's my name" and "Moment for life" so that's cool. He's on wayne's album do out this month, he's on the maybach music album coming out this month, he's on twist album scheduled to come out next  month, he's on the all of the lights remix, he's doing the features heavy on the low. Or, He might be doing a movie. He might actually just be chilling, relaxing, enjoying the fruits of his labor. He really hasn't dropped anything in awhile though as far as his music. I would love to hear something new from drake.

One of the best rappers in the game and quietly, is one of the best if not the best r&b artist in the game.

^^^
Comeback Season is the most played mixtape on my itunes, and SFG was too sick
Goin in For Life Drake made ill $%# smooth music, Barry Bonds Freestyle was niiice lyrically

with that being said

Drakes more recent music so corny it's impossible to listen to

I swear to god dude has to google "inspirational quotes" and draws up some lame lines based on that

"you with all those curves and me without no brakes"- corny $%# pick up line dude this %%!*+ old

"square root of 69 is 8(ate) somethin" i heard ron jeremy say this line dude. c'mon

"nothing on  but the radioooo" isn't that marilyn monroe???

and "everybody dies but not everybody lives" i know i've heard that somewhere before, but it's escaping me

i got more examples but you get the point

Now, no idea's original I know. Everyone gets inspiration from somewhere. 

Whether it's Hov reciting Biggies lines like nursery lines or whatever whatever it happens

But it's like dude taps into the lamest sources possible and @%+$. That combined with his style makes me say, "Really though?" after a lot of his lines

And that fact is an always present reminder that his music's not organic. @%+$'s stale

And +#%$ it, I get the simp music argrument too. That Brian Mcknight stuff is too much for a lot of people

But basically his music is uninspired and  unoriginal at this point. He's trying too hard, and I can't get jiggy to that @%+$

^^^
Goin in For Life Drake made ill $%# smooth music, Barry Bonds Freestyle was niiice lyrically

with that being said

I swear to god dude has to google "inspirational quotes" and draws up some lame lines based on that

"you with all those curves and me without no brakes"- corny $%# pick up line dude this %%!*+ old

"square root of 69 is 8(ate) somethin" i heard ron jeremy say this line dude. c'mon

and "everybody dies but not everybody lives" i know i've heard that somewhere before, but it's escaping me

Whether it's Hov reciting Biggies lines like nursery lines or whatever whatever it happens

But it's like dude taps into the lamest sources possible and @%+$. That combined with his style makes me say, "Really though?" after a lot of his lines

And that fact is an always present reminder that his music's not organic. @%+$'s stale

And +#%$ it, I get the simp music argrument too. That Brian Mcknight stuff is too much for a lot of people

But basically his music is uninspired and  unoriginal at this point. He's trying too hard, and I can't get jiggy to that @%+$

Originally Posted by calikev34

^^^

with that being said

Really
laugh.gif

First off I haven't heard him recycle anyone else's lyrics. But to say his music is unoriginal and not insired is just false. Listen to the Resistance and tell me he's uninspired or not original. Song like Whats my name are meant for the radio/ mass consumption (still a good song btw). I dont blame him for making semi commercial music cause its still good. It just makes me wonder how 2 years ago Drake wasn't hated as much as he is now. He still uses the same formula as he did in SFG, if you ask me TML showed his growth.  

Originally Posted by calikev34

^^^

with that being said

Really
laugh.gif

First off I haven't heard him recycle anyone else's lyrics. But to say his music is unoriginal and not insired is just false. Listen to the Resistance and tell me he's uninspired or not original. Song like Whats my name are meant for the radio/ mass consumption (still a good song btw). I dont blame him for making semi commercial music cause its still good. It just makes me wonder how 2 years ago Drake wasn't hated as much as he is now. He still uses the same formula as he did in SFG, if you ask me TML showed his growth.  

i know what you're saying about the commercial %+%*.for the masses. good point. its just still lame to me

"if i was in a room and someone yelled hey $%%%+!! i would never turn around because i just dont fit the description".

really? %#!$ . thats not lame to you? 

resistance. cool song some good lines. but i cant get past the FAIL that dude doesnt know the definition of irony. that %+%* was awful
to me its an artificial inspiration. while making TML, talking about "ive been listening to the classics. illmatic. for inspiration" 
REALLY? ny state of mind made you pen cece's interlude 
indifferent.gif

he knows what to say, but it doesnt seem genuine. straight fabrication

like it sounds so forced to me

idk he's grown up with everything he's ever wanted, and now there's no hunger anymore?

dude used to have lyrics. nothing that he says wows me now

and its frustrating because im a fan of dudes work. nothing is touching CS and SFG. i played those till they were out of comission

"**@*$@ want my old %+%*, buy my old albums" maybe jay said it best. idk man

whats he doing though? oh thats right hes doing him....

i know what you're saying about the commercial %+%*.for the masses. good point. its just still lame to me

"if i was in a room and someone yelled hey $%%%+!! i would never turn around because i just dont fit the description".

really? %#!$ . thats not lame to you? 

resistance. cool song some good lines. but i cant get past the FAIL that dude doesnt know the definition of irony. that %+%* was awful
to me its an artificial inspiration. while making TML, talking about "ive been listening to the classics. illmatic. for inspiration" 
REALLY? ny state of mind made you pen cece's interlude 
indifferent.gif

he knows what to say, but it doesnt seem genuine. straight fabrication

like it sounds so forced to me

idk he's grown up with everything he's ever wanted, and now there's no hunger anymore?

dude used to have lyrics. nothing that he says wows me now

and its frustrating because im a fan of dudes work. nothing is touching CS and SFG. i played those till they were out of comission

"**@*$@ want my old %+%*, buy my old albums" maybe jay said it best. idk man

whats he doing though? oh thats right hes doing him....

Back
Top Bottom