Where has Drake been hiding at lately?

Originally Posted by JD161616

From casually browsing the web lately, it seems like he's been appearing at clubs and events lately making easy money off of that. He's probably focused on his next project as well. He's in a position where he doesn't need to flood the net with mixtapes to stay relevant. 

Yeah god knows play his !%!+ enough as it is....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD161616

From casually browsing the web lately, it seems like he's been appearing at clubs and events lately making easy money off of that. He's probably focused on his next project as well. He's in a position where he doesn't need to flood the net with mixtapes to stay relevant. 

Yeah god knows play his !%!+ enough as it is....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

He got that machine backing him. still feel he should've never signed with YM.

I say this to this day... he was in prime position to give the game back to the artist but folded... He didn't have to sign with YM to be affiliated with them he already had the plug should've just went independent with the distribution deal and did his numbers. 
30t6p3b.gif

Loyalty

I say this to this day... he was in prime position to give the game back to the artist but folded... He didn't have to sign with YM to be affiliated with them he already had the plug should've just went independent with the distribution deal and did his numbers. 
30t6p3b.gif

Loyalty

dudes really have a problem with a male talking about Females really?? i didnt know heterosexual males were suppose to NOT talk about females. Rap fans are ficcle as %$%% i swear its the fans ruining hip-hop. Artist comes out who gives you his life on wax, albeit partly based on interactions with women.... average fan "he's not hard enough"..... he makes a track with wayne and slips in some kind of street reference average fan " he's a soft jewish kid, he not about that life"

Dudes ask for people to be themselves than the second you do that they ask you to be something else, this is why artist album come out sounding the way they do......... because artist are smart enough to say %$%% yall confused $@! fans im riding with whats gonna make me money

dudes really have a problem with a male talking about Females really?? i didnt know heterosexual males were suppose to NOT talk about females. Rap fans are ficcle as %$%% i swear its the fans ruining hip-hop. Artist comes out who gives you his life on wax, albeit partly based on interactions with women.... average fan "he's not hard enough"..... he makes a track with wayne and slips in some kind of street reference average fan " he's a soft jewish kid, he not about that life"

Dudes ask for people to be themselves than the second you do that they ask you to be something else, this is why artist album come out sounding the way they do......... because artist are smart enough to say %$%% yall confused $@! fans im riding with whats gonna make me money

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

30t6p3b.gif

Loyalty

Loyalty to what? Wayne didn't put him on... Wayne isn't responsible for him becoming a house hold name, So Far Gone did that and Wayne was on what maybe 2 songs??? If anything he owes Trey Songz waaay more than Wayne for his career any day of the week (did 2 songs on Comeback Season, put one of them on Ladies Choice, shouted him out all crazy, put him in his video allowed people to look at him as more than just that dude from Degrasi) but even still he didn't have to, and shouldn't have done that.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

30t6p3b.gif

Loyalty

Loyalty to what? Wayne didn't put him on... Wayne isn't responsible for him becoming a house hold name, So Far Gone did that and Wayne was on what maybe 2 songs??? If anything he owes Trey Songz waaay more than Wayne for his career any day of the week (did 2 songs on Comeback Season, put one of them on Ladies Choice, shouted him out all crazy, put him in his video allowed people to look at him as more than just that dude from Degrasi) but even still he didn't have to, and shouldn't have done that.

Originally Posted by tyisny

dude, 90 percent of his album was made FOR a woman.

not that he's talking abotu girls, not that he's giving us his honest personality

the music was marketed and recorded specifically for FEMALES

CeCe's interlude is not for your ears, dude

that's why its funny to me.

its like the dudes bumping RKelly trynna serenade a broad out of her panties

why are you listening to a man begging to have sex with a chick?

"OHHH BABY I WANNA TAKE YOU AND BANG YOUUUUUU OOOOO"

roll.gif

why do i wanna hear drake crying about how being a famous rapper isnt cool (even though he's been famous since he was 14)

or

which stripper broad he simped over had to walk away from him or whatnot...

i say the EXACT same thing about Fab, however, Drake is better and more entertaining than Fab, imo...

i just wish he would make music for men that i can listen to....

come on bro, he's shouting out lipsticks and nailpolishes!

roll.gif

how is that "music talking about females"?

that's music FOR females, dude...

not that he's talking abotu girls, not that he's giving us his honest personality

roll.gif

why do i wanna hear drake crying about how being a famous rapper isnt cool (even though he's been famous since he was 14)

or

i say the EXACT same thing about Fab, however, Drake is better and more entertaining than Fab, imo...

roll.gif

omgitswes wrote:
Drake >>>>> Lil Wayne

By a mile.

36 OUNCES wrote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

D723 wrote:
Just as a fan of music how can y'all not like Drake? Can someone just explain to me what makes you guys hate his music?

And PLEASE none of those weak *!* "He makes simp music" answers.

he doesnt make music for males, bruh.

lol

"please tell me why you guys dont like it and don't tell me the real reason, that it's because its made for women"

LOL @ "he's actually not a simp rapper"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

like my mans said

"he listened to NY state of mind and came up with CeCe's Interlude? WOOOOORD?"

roll.gif

i can't understand how heterosexual males are SO INTO his music, really....
Son, Drake is like the poster boy for females want in a dude....Or so I've been told.

I'll tell u why I like the mans music. Honestly, I'm not much of an R&B fan, I have like 8 albums from the genre on my itunes with a bunch of misc songs scattered throughout, but I'm drawn to the kid's sound. It's familiar to me, I relate to it.
ohwell.gif

That's how he's always been. Drake has a strong female fan base and dude's look at that like its a bad thing. He's a young dude who likes women I can relate to that. But just because he makes a few records that have female appeal people are quick to diminish his whole catalog. He's a diverse artist with a diverse group of fans THATS A GOOD THING. Songs like Fancy, and Cece's inturlude are bangers if you ask me I dont feel gay while listening to it.

omgitswes wrote:
Drake >>>>> Lil Wayne

By a mile.

36 OUNCES wrote:

D723 wrote:
Just as a fan of music how can y'all not like Drake? Can someone just explain to me what makes you guys hate his music?

And PLEASE none of those weak *!* "He makes simp music" answers.

lol

"please tell me why you guys dont like it and don't tell me the real reason, that it's because its made for women"

like my mans said

roll.gif

Son, Drake is like the poster boy for females want in a dude....Or so I've been told.

I'll tell u why I like the mans music. Honestly, I'm not much of an R&B fan, I have like 8 albums from the genre on my itunes with a bunch of misc songs scattered throughout, but I'm drawn to the kid's sound. It's familiar to me, I relate to it.
ohwell.gif

That's how he's always been. Drake has a strong female fan base and dude's look at that like its a bad thing. He's a young dude who likes women I can relate to that. But just because he makes a few records that have female appeal people are quick to diminish his whole catalog. He's a diverse artist with a diverse group of fans THATS A GOOD THING. Songs like Fancy, and Cece's inturlude are bangers if you ask me I dont feel gay while listening to it.

roll.gif

or

roll.gif

Women are likely to buy an album before a dude is which maybe most artists go this route these days.  Just a thought.

roll.gif

or

roll.gif

Women are likely to buy an album before a dude is which maybe most artists go this route these days.  Just a thought.

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

omgitswes wrote:
Drake >>>>> Lil Wayne

By a mile.

36 OUNCES wrote:

lol

like my mans said

roll.gif

ohwell.gif

Boom. Exactly.

omgitswes wrote:
Drake >>>>> Lil Wayne

By a mile.

36 OUNCES wrote:

lol

like my mans said

roll.gif

ohwell.gif

Boom. Exactly.

My man hit it on the head...He owes Trey a lot of credit for getting his buzz/exposure going.  I remember seeing an old Trey Songz interview/interlude where he said he was rocking with this kid Drake from Canada.  Trey put him on a lot of mixtape tracks and it's good to see them both rise up together.

Sounds like Drake or similar males like Drake have taken a lot of NTers ladies or something...

If you don't vibe with him...cool.  If you rock with him that is cool too.  To each their own.

My man hit it on the head...He owes Trey a lot of credit for getting his buzz/exposure going.  I remember seeing an old Trey Songz interview/interlude where he said he was rocking with this kid Drake from Canada.  Trey put him on a lot of mixtape tracks and it's good to see them both rise up together.

Sounds like Drake or similar males like Drake have taken a lot of NTers ladies or something...

If you don't vibe with him...cool.  If you rock with him that is cool too.  To each their own.

tumblrlbppk1j5yx1qe5olz.jpg

this is why i cant stand drake. %%@% drake.
mad.gif

seriously i like room for improvement & comeback season drake, after that he got meh with the rapping imo.

tumblrlbppk1j5yx1qe5olz.jpg

this is why i cant stand drake. %%@% drake.
mad.gif

seriously i like room for improvement & comeback season drake, after that he got meh with the rapping imo.

Big and Jay have strong female bases and they didnt pander exclusively to women.

LOL @ a grown %#! man listening to fancy with pride

Oh, you fancy, huh?

you gon have to be fancy without me, family...

you're bigging his diverse fanbase up....how is a fanbase comprised 80-85 percent of women diverse?

roll.gif

i like how you said "he makes a few songs for women"

you're a giant fan of his....only a giant fan trying to defend that mans honor could say "a few" and not be joking.

beautiful defense of his catalogue.......he took alot of our ladies.....good one.

did he also make a simptastic song where he basically cries in autotune about her leaving him, too?

that's how i feel about it. someone asked, expressly, "you guys that dont like drake, why?" therefore, i am voicing my opinion.

thanks, tho.

yeah, we call those sell outs. you know, people who change themselves to be more marketable?

you making this very true statement doesnt justify nor change the fact that this dude makes music exclusively for females...

ay, bro, do you sing along "Hair did/nails did/everything did" when you banging those drake bangers in the whip?

be honest

roll.gif

fancy is a banger

holy hell what is wrong with rap these days

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom