Where has Drake been hiding at lately?

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

That's how he's always been. Drake has a strong female fan base and dude's look at that like its a bad thing. He's a young dude who likes women I can relate to that. But just because he makes a few records that have female appeal people are quick to diminish his whole catalog. He's a diverse artist with a diverse group of fans THATS A GOOD THING. Songs like Fancy, and Cece's inturlude are bangers if you ask me I dont feel gay while listening to it.

Big and Jay have strong female bases and they didnt pander exclusively to women.

LOL @ a grown %#! man listening to fancy with pride

Oh, you fancy, huh?

you gon have to be fancy without me, family...

you're bigging his diverse fanbase up....how is a fanbase comprised 80-85 percent of women diverse?

roll.gif

i like how you said "he makes a few songs for women"

you're a giant fan of his....only a giant fan trying to defend that mans honor could say "a few" and not be joking.

Sounds like Drake or similar males like Drake have taken a lot of NTers ladies or something...
beautiful defense of his catalogue.......he took alot of our ladies.....good one.

did he also make a simptastic song where he basically cries in autotune about her leaving him, too?

If you don't vibe with him...cool.  If you rock with him that is cool too.  To each their own.
that's how i feel about it. someone asked, expressly, "you guys that dont like drake, why?" therefore, i am voicing my opinion.

thanks, tho.

Women are likely to buy an album before a dude is which maybe most artists go this route these days.  Just a thought.
yeah, we call those sell outs. you know, people who change themselves to be more marketable?

you making this very true statement doesnt justify nor change the fact that this dude makes music exclusively for females...

ay, bro, do you sing along "Hair did/nails did/everything did" when you banging those drake bangers in the whip?

be honest

roll.gif

fancy is a banger

holy hell what is wrong with rap these days

roll.gif

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

That's how he's always been. Drake has a strong female fan base and dude's look at that like its a bad thing. He's a young dude who likes women I can relate to that. But just because he makes a few records that have female appeal people are quick to diminish his whole catalog. He's a diverse artist with a diverse group of fans THATS A GOOD THING. Songs like Fancy, and Cece's inturlude are bangers if you ask me I dont feel gay while listening to it.

Big and Jay have strong female bases and they didnt pander exclusively to women.

Oh, you fancy, huh?

you're bigging his diverse fanbase up....how is a fanbase comprised 80-85 percent of women diverse?

roll.gif

you're a giant fan of his....only a giant fan trying to defend that mans honor could say "a few" and not be joking.

Sounds like Drake or similar males like Drake have taken a lot of NTers ladies or something...
beautiful defense of his catalogue.......he took alot of our ladies.....good one.

did he also make a simptastic song where he basically cries in autotune about her leaving him, too?

If you don't vibe with him...cool.  If you rock with him that is cool too.  To each their own.
that's how i feel about it. someone asked, expressly, "you guys that dont like drake, why?" therefore, i am voicing my opinion.

thanks, tho.

Women are likely to buy an album before a dude is which maybe most artists go this route these days.  Just a thought.
yeah, we call those sell outs. you know, people who change themselves to be more marketable?

you making this very true statement doesnt justify nor change the fact that this dude makes music exclusively for females...

ay, bro, do you sing along "Hair did/nails did/everything did" when you banging those drake bangers in the whip?

be honest

roll.gif

fancy is a banger

roll.gif

I explained why I like Fancy, Cece's inturlude and his other songs because its good. Im comfortable enough with myself to know im not gay while im listning to it. Cmon man grow up. You dont find it be a banger thats fine we all dont like the same songs where individuals bro I shouldn't have to worry about being called gay bacause of that. Drake hasn't sold out either listen to SFG dude has always had songs speaking on women and his life. He's an introspective rapper. Just cause he carters to a wide array of people doesn't mean he sold out.

Oh, you fancy, huh?

roll.gif

thanks, tho.

be honest

roll.gif

fancy is a banger

roll.gif

I explained why I like Fancy, Cece's inturlude and his other songs because its good. Im comfortable enough with myself to know im not gay while im listning to it. Cmon man grow up. You dont find it be a banger thats fine we all dont like the same songs where individuals bro I shouldn't have to worry about being called gay bacause of that. Drake hasn't sold out either listen to SFG dude has always had songs speaking on women and his life. He's an introspective rapper. Just cause he carters to a wide array of people doesn't mean he sold out.

i didnt call him a sell out

people are trynna justify his catering to women on "well, women buy more albums than men, its a business move" which would make him a sell out.

so dont take that comment out of context for your argument.

as far as being gay, i never said you were gay

but

i will clown you if you proudly bump and sing along to fancy because you consider it a "banger"

if fancy is a banger, what is "$%%%+! done started somethin"?

if fancy is a banger, what is "Jigga"?

like, just because you like a song doesnt make it amazing nor diverse nor a "banger"

if that was the case, amarie got madd bangers, b.

you hear all them bangers portishead puts out?

again, imma say it one more time,

i was asked why i dont like drake, and i answered, "because he doesnt make music for me. his music is made specifically to cater to a woman listener"

why would i enjoy something made for women?

why do you assume i'm calling you gay when i say you enjoy music intended for women

especially when you're "so comfotable" with your sexuality?

gay? is it? you tell me...

i prefer to call it soft.....its soft emo music....if it appeals to you and you relate to it, you might just be soft and emo

"a song about a guy who appreciates girls" is much different from "an emo-charged song about nailpolishes and makeup"

i mean, *%%+, Ole Dirty Bastard had songs about appreciating women...

you see me calling him soft and emo?

i didnt call him a sell out

people are trynna justify his catering to women on "well, women buy more albums than men, its a business move" which would make him a sell out.

so dont take that comment out of context for your argument.

as far as being gay, i never said you were gay

but

i will clown you if you proudly bump and sing along to fancy because you consider it a "banger"

if fancy is a banger, what is "$%%%+! done started somethin"?

if fancy is a banger, what is "Jigga"?

like, just because you like a song doesnt make it amazing nor diverse nor a "banger"

if that was the case, amarie got madd bangers, b.

you hear all them bangers portishead puts out?

again, imma say it one more time,

i was asked why i dont like drake, and i answered, "because he doesnt make music for me. his music is made specifically to cater to a woman listener"

why would i enjoy something made for women?

why do you assume i'm calling you gay when i say you enjoy music intended for women

especially when you're "so comfotable" with your sexuality?

gay? is it? you tell me...

i prefer to call it soft.....its soft emo music....if it appeals to you and you relate to it, you might just be soft and emo

"a song about a guy who appreciates girls" is much different from "an emo-charged song about nailpolishes and makeup"

i mean, *%%+, Ole Dirty Bastard had songs about appreciating women...

you see me calling him soft and emo?

Originally Posted by D723

Just as a fan of music how can y'all not like Drake? Can someone just explain to me what makes you guys hate his music?

And PLEASE none of those weak *!* "He makes simp music" answers.
Quite simply he's very vanilla. No real substance, from a male's standpoint that is, in his music. Most of his music is geared towards females. I love his production but like....I do not want ANY Drake after So Far Gone in acapella form. He does nothing IMO lyrically after that point. But just because YOU think he makes good music does not mean everyone will rock with it. People don't really have to have a valid reason...they just don't like it period. Mars Volta makes great music and I don't see any threads about them. As a fan of music it should be understood that no one will be universally loved.....ever. Even Michael had haters

Originally Posted by D723

Just as a fan of music how can y'all not like Drake? Can someone just explain to me what makes you guys hate his music?

And PLEASE none of those weak *!* "He makes simp music" answers.
Quite simply he's very vanilla. No real substance, from a male's standpoint that is, in his music. Most of his music is geared towards females. I love his production but like....I do not want ANY Drake after So Far Gone in acapella form. He does nothing IMO lyrically after that point. But just because YOU think he makes good music does not mean everyone will rock with it. People don't really have to have a valid reason...they just don't like it period. Mars Volta makes great music and I don't see any threads about them. As a fan of music it should be understood that no one will be universally loved.....ever. Even Michael had haters

Yall really wild saying drake doesn't make good music. Regardless of what demographic or what sex the music is geared towards, if the song is good, the song is good. Cece's interlude, bria's interlude, brand new, fancy, shut it down, on my way, what if I kissed you, messages from you, all are great songs, albeit geared towards women. I listen to them all the time, i'm straight as hell.

At the same token, 9am in dallas, the resistance, paris morton music, the new years eve version of fancy, fear, his veses on made men and put it down, his verse on the tip poppin bottles joint, all are dope as hell albeit not targeted to women.

To say you don't like drake is one thing, but to say you don't like drake because you're a straight guy and his music is geared towards women is wild man...

Yall really wild saying drake doesn't make good music. Regardless of what demographic or what sex the music is geared towards, if the song is good, the song is good. Cece's interlude, bria's interlude, brand new, fancy, shut it down, on my way, what if I kissed you, messages from you, all are great songs, albeit geared towards women. I listen to them all the time, i'm straight as hell.

At the same token, 9am in dallas, the resistance, paris morton music, the new years eve version of fancy, fear, his veses on made men and put it down, his verse on the tip poppin bottles joint, all are dope as hell albeit not targeted to women.

To say you don't like drake is one thing, but to say you don't like drake because you're a straight guy and his music is geared towards women is wild man...

This clown keeps using 'Fancy' as his argument and that 90% of his album is directed towards the ladies.

Do you get paid sound that ignorant, bruh?

There are FIVE songs out of 14 on TML for the ladies.

So try again.

You are clearly just looking for reasons to slight the man.

Which is pathetic.

This clown keeps using 'Fancy' as his argument and that 90% of his album is directed towards the ladies.

So try again.

Which is pathetic.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Regardless of what demographic or what sex the music is geared towards, if the song is good, the song is good. Cece's interlude, bria's interlude, brand new, fancy, shut it down, on my way, what if I kissed you, messages from you, all are great songs,
you right, good is good. but what's good to you isnt good to me.

CeCe's interlude isnt my cup of tea. you find it to be a good song. great. i dont. im not asking you why you think its a good song, imma be honest, and dont take offense, i assume you're soft and emo if you like and relate to a song like that....thats me being honest...

how is it wild that a product made SPECIFICALLY for women isnt popular with men?

i mean, are comfortable panties enjoyable regardless of gender?

you listening to the rap equivalent of comfortable panties, bro

and looking around at other dudes with boxers on, like, "whats wrong with you dudes? yall hating on these comfortable panties?!?!"

never once have i said the kid cant rap.

Fab can rap, too, he just makes music for women, therefore, i dont listen...

i dont relate to OPI nail polish shoutouts, bro....

that's not a
eek.gif
 rapper to me, bruh

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

So try again.

Which is pathetic.

how am i looking for reasons to slight him? IM EXPLAINING WHY I DONT LISTEN TO HIS SOFT EMO MUSIC

what's funny is how personally yall take me not liking drake

roll.gif

jay z has sold millions of more records than drake and never was soft nor emo

he never specifically catered a song to a woman...even songs like "song cry" and "excuse me miss" were male songs for a universal audience. the music didnt alienate jay's male fans, even though the subject matter was quite feminine...

drake, however, doesnt play that line. he sells out (not a sell out) on the idea that this is a song for girls....so he's shouting out nailpolishes and telling women to do it for themselves, cause us men never notice....

like, that's straight out of a gay friend's mouth....LOL

im alienated when drake addresses the female listener and tells her "do it for yourself, the men never notice"

and you asking me how or why im not rocking with that?

and then telling me im just hating?

roll.gif

five songs out of 14? wouldnt know, cant listen to that #$$%.

give me black magic or right to left drake THEN you can ask me, in shock, why i dont rock with the boy

until then

the answer remains the same

he's way too soft and emo and makes music specificially for women, not men.

put it like this, 

15 years ago, if a woman R&B artist wanted a rapper on her track, who did she get?

anybody (BIG, WU TANG, ETC.)

10 years ago, if a woman R & B artist wanted a rapper on her track, who did she get?

LL Cool J

5 years ago, if a woman R & B artist wanted a rapper on her track, who did she get?

FABOLOUS

TODAY, if a woman R & B artist wants a rapper on her track, who does she get?

imma let you drake fans answer that.

and i havent even mentioned the fact that this %%@** SINGS HIS HOOKS WITH AUTOTUNE AND THE DRUMS FALL OUT OF THE TRACK

roll.gif

its so unfathomable that male hip hop purists dont like it....

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Regardless of what demographic or what sex the music is geared towards, if the song is good, the song is good. Cece's interlude, bria's interlude, brand new, fancy, shut it down, on my way, what if I kissed you, messages from you, all are great songs,
you right, good is good. but what's good to you isnt good to me.

CeCe's interlude isnt my cup of tea. you find it to be a good song. great. i dont. im not asking you why you think its a good song, imma be honest, and dont take offense, i assume you're soft and emo if you like and relate to a song like that....thats me being honest...

how is it wild that a product made SPECIFICALLY for women isnt popular with men?

and looking around at other dudes with boxers on, like, "whats wrong with you dudes? yall hating on these comfortable panties?!?!"

never once have i said the kid cant rap.

Fab can rap, too, he just makes music for women, therefore, i dont listen...

i dont relate to OPI nail polish shoutouts, bro....

that's not a
eek.gif
 rapper to me, bruh

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

So try again.

Which is pathetic.

how am i looking for reasons to slight him? IM EXPLAINING WHY I DONT LISTEN TO HIS SOFT EMO MUSIC

what's funny is how personally yall take me not liking drake

roll.gif

jay z has sold millions of more records than drake and never was soft nor emo

he never specifically catered a song to a woman...even songs like "song cry" and "excuse me miss" were male songs for a universal audience. the music didnt alienate jay's male fans, even though the subject matter was quite feminine...

drake, however, doesnt play that line. he sells out (not a sell out) on the idea that this is a song for girls....so he's shouting out nailpolishes and telling women to do it for themselves, cause us men never notice....

like, that's straight out of a gay friend's mouth....LOL

im alienated when drake addresses the female listener and tells her "do it for yourself, the men never notice"

and you asking me how or why im not rocking with that?

and then telling me im just hating?

roll.gif

five songs out of 14? wouldnt know, cant listen to that #$$%.

give me black magic or right to left drake THEN you can ask me, in shock, why i dont rock with the boy

until then

the answer remains the same

he's way too soft and emo and makes music specificially for women, not men.

put it like this, 

15 years ago, if a woman R&B artist wanted a rapper on her track, who did she get?

anybody (BIG, WU TANG, ETC.)

10 years ago, if a woman R & B artist wanted a rapper on her track, who did she get?

LL Cool J

5 years ago, if a woman R & B artist wanted a rapper on her track, who did she get?

FABOLOUS

TODAY, if a woman R & B artist wants a rapper on her track, who does she get?

imma let you drake fans answer that.

and i havent even mentioned the fact that this %%@** SINGS HIS HOOKS WITH AUTOTUNE AND THE DRUMS FALL OUT OF THE TRACK

roll.gif

its so unfathomable that male hip hop purists dont like it....

Yo. Some of you dudes sound miserable.
You listen to hardcore hip-hop 24/7? Even when you're with your girl?
laugh.gif

When I'm at the pool with women I don't want to hear that.
I want something that everyone can enjoy.
Drake fits that and I thoroughly enjoy ALL his music.
Some of you dudes just sound insecure. Talking about soft emo music. FOH.
I love r&b and hip-hop.

laugh.gif

I love r&b and hip-hop.

StaXX wrote:
laugh.gif

I love r&b and hip-hop.

i see alot of I's typed there.

me? the woman im with is going to listen to MOP....why? thats what EYE like....

pool with women? luke > drake

everyone can enjoy? i dont enjoy it, tho, im somebody, so everyone doesnt enjoy it.

insecure?
roll.gif
you the one providing the sweet sounds of drake to women because they might not like the "other" stuff, i.e. catering to a female out of insecurity "i want her to be able to enjoy the sounds, too, fam!"

you love R&B? it's OBVIOUS, i mean, you're a DRAKE fan....

laugh.gif

i casually like r&b and only like a handful of songs from a handful of artists. Maybe that will help you understand why i dont enjoy listening to drake.

jazz > r&b, by the way.

im done arguing, tho.

StaXX wrote:
laugh.gif

I love r&b and hip-hop.

i see alot of I's typed there.

me? the woman im with is going to listen to MOP....why? thats what EYE like....

pool with women? luke > drake

everyone can enjoy? i dont enjoy it, tho, im somebody, so everyone doesnt enjoy it.

insecure?
roll.gif
you the one providing the sweet sounds of drake to women because they might not like the "other" stuff, i.e. catering to a female out of insecurity "i want her to be able to enjoy the sounds, too, fam!"

you love R&B? it's OBVIOUS, i mean, you're a DRAKE fan....

laugh.gif

i casually like r&b and only like a handful of songs from a handful of artists. Maybe that will help you understand why i dont enjoy listening to drake.

jazz > r&b, by the way.

im done arguing, tho.

#%%
laugh.gif

Your making horrible analogies bro. Drake is being himself. Music isn't restrained to one race or gender. People listen to music because its good, your over analyzing everything. Oh were soft/semi gay because we like Drakes music. You sound ignorant as hell bro. Ol MF Doom in the club listnening fools, you just sound really insecure about yourself.

#%%
laugh.gif

Your making horrible analogies bro. Drake is being himself. Music isn't restrained to one race or gender. People listen to music because its good, your over analyzing everything. Oh were soft/semi gay because we like Drakes music. You sound ignorant as hell bro. Ol MF Doom in the club listnening fools, you just sound really insecure about yourself.

Back
Top Bottom