Where in the World is Manti Te'o?

I wonder how many of you guys actually played football. Like, real football. Alabama played a damn near perfect game. Don't say Notre Dame stunk up the joint. BAMA brought a perfect gameplan, perfect mindset and executed. You act like Te'o is supposed to just stand in the middle and stop people. 
laugh.gif
.. He crept up in the box early on, but when Bama started exploiting the outside, he drifted. Soon as he drifted, they started attacking the middle with the run AND pass. They were just outmatched. 
mean.gif

Notre Dame was outmatched, and Bama's coaching is just... man... Saban is creeping up to the top spot overall. Dude is like the Phil Jackson of Football. 

He's a good dude and I felt terrible for him after what happened this year, but I was legit pissed off that he was in the Heisman discussion. If he had played for any other program in the country he wouldn't have even been invited to New York; they just needed somebody to ride since ND was undefeated and didn't have any standout offensive players.
I know BC wasn't good, but Luke Keuchly had to be rolling in his grave this year :lol:

He led the NFL in tackles this year :pimp:

That DAT stat line/comparison is crazy! Never knew all that! Maybe it's because I am a longhorn and never paid attention to him until he started playing for the Cowboys... Te'o is gonna be a bust at the next level.

He'll still be a good NFL player... But hes not the playmaker that everyone has been painting him as.

I agree with this statement bro. ND DT tackles was getting manhandled last night and that made it tougher for ND LB. alot of LB in college struggle with shedding blocks. They will learn that in the NFL.

I agree with you also and that was part of it.

But that is no excuse for not beating your man at least once or twice in a big spot and when he did win he was not able to tackle Lacy 1 on 1 and finish the play. (more than once), Or the TD thrown right over his head cause he fell for the fake.

The only tackles I saw him make were about 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. (I may have missed some but I focused on him after the first quarter)

Yea, it was like watching JV play Varsity but your impact player is suppose to show up somewhere in the game. Trailing the play and jumping on piles doesnt count.

ND DTs were not getting manhandled.

and I def do not agree with a lot of LBs struggle shedding blocks. Alot of Sorry college LBS struggle getting off blocks. the good ones disengage and defeat blocks quickly, especially All American, 1st round LBs do not get

In the hole, one on one vs RBs, Te'o was inept vs Yeldon and Lacy all game. THAT is more telling than anything else.

I'm not sure he even had more than 2 solo tackles combined vs Yeldon, Lacy and Ray Graham of Pitt

Last edited:
Well I thought Bama's line played pretty well and I am sure that Teo is use to running around basically untouched but I coudlnt make an actual excuse for his play if I tried.

Saw him take poor angles to the sideline on more than one occasion as well.

He is a 3-4 inside backer he is what he is.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of you guys actually played football. Like, real football. Alabama played a damn near perfect game. Don't say Notre Dame stunk up the joint. BAMA brought a perfect gameplan, perfect mindset and executed. You act like Te'o is supposed to just stand in the middle and stop people. :lol: .. He crept up in the box early on, but when Bama started exploiting the outside, he drifted. Soon as he drifted, they started attacking the middle with the run AND pass. They were just outmatched. :smh:

Perfect game or not dude was hyped to be a BEAST...Heisman runner up...even if his teammates were outmatched with the player he was touted to be he should have at least shown he could hold his own, he didn't. Even in defeat he shoulda had like 15 tackles, 2 pass defl, 1 sack....dude was non-existent. He had 3...that's right 3 solo tackles against bama. He had 7 assists which gave him 10 tackles for the game..not good enough for the Hesman runner up IMO.

Even when the big uglies weren't able to engage him; he missed tackles in the hole several times, Lacy and Yeldon were in his grasp a few times and he couldn't bring them down.

In the NFL, everybody is Lacy and Yeldon...in the NFL everybody has Bama's O'line...and that's your run of the mill starter on all 32 teams. We not even talkin' Adrian peterson, Ray Rice, Nick Mangold, or Jake Long. I don't think Te'o had a bad game I think he got exposed on Monday. He went from high first round pick to late first...2nd round pick. His rightful place all along.

I guess 1 medicore game define his college career,to the point where he fall to 2nd rd.lol. I can't deal

I wonder how many of you guys actually played football. Like, real football. Alabama played a damn near perfect game. Don't say Notre Dame stunk up the joint. BAMA brought a perfect gameplan, perfect mindset and executed. You act like Te'o is supposed to just stand in the middle and stop people. :lol: .. He crept up in the box early on, but when Bama started exploiting the outside, he drifted. Soon as he drifted, they started attacking the middle with the run AND pass. They were just outmatched. :smh:

Notre Dame was outmatched, and Bama's coaching is just... man... Saban is creeping up to the top spot overall. Dude is like the Phil Jackson of Football. 

View media item 208482

:lol: at the picture.

dude Bama ran at him the WHOLE game, and guess what? he didnt produce :lol:

he whiffed tackles while taking bad angles and wasnt effective at all.

im not even sure how he had 10 tackles, did he play special teams to?

How can someone that plays in the box creep in the box? And what do you mean "exploited the outside"? Did you watch the game? Do you understand the game?

Last edited:
Alabama known for having the best TEAM in NCAA & I think they assigned an OLineman to take care of him a couple times. It isn't hard to stop the opposing team's defense if you're the only superstar on the team.

EDIT: Also, has Brian Kelly revealed what he saw on tape that made him attack Alabama's #1 DB on nearly every passing play?

Last edited:
I guess 1 medicore game define his college career,to the point where he fall to 2nd rd.lol. I can't deal

Scouts judge players off how they perform against the best. Bama was the best and he didn't perform. That is going to affect his draft stock. Who cares if you had 20 tackles, 14 sacks, and 10 pass defl against John Jay Bible College. The worst NFL team in the league would beat the best college team...easily. So NFL scouts are going to judge him mostly on how he did against comp that was closet to NFL caliber.

Back
Top Bottom