Where R They Now ??? NCAA Basketball

Here you go. I took a break from watching NFL Ticket (soooo many games at once).

And Then......................
Jumanji

Demitri Hill
Ah yes, Da' Meat Hook. Clark Kellog loved that guy when he was at Florida. Demitri has been playing professionally since leaving Florida in 1995. He has spent time in the CBA, Israel, Italy, France, Venezuela, ABA, and China. In 2001-02 he was back in France playing for Entente Orleans 45. He put up some nice #'s, 25.9 PPG, 8.8 REB. He is back with them again for 02-03.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Billy McCaffery
Billy spent two years at Duke before moving on to Vandy. He had a great Junior Year at Vanderbilt, but returned for his Senior Year. It turned out to be a mistake and his NBA Career never took place. He spent time playing in the CBA and Overseas. I think he was in Greece for sometime. I can't find an update on him today though. I know I have seen his name within the last year doing something, but I'm drawing a blank right now. I really think he is Coaching somewhere in the NCAA.

Marty Clark
As a HUGE Duke Fan (Since 1990, in case you were wondering), I remember watching Marty wear #3 for the Blue Devils like it was yesterday. He had some big games for the Dookies throughout his stay in Durham. Since then, his basketball resume is sparce. He spent some time in Turkey in 1995-96, and played with a touring team in 2000. I found what I think is update on him for today. I believe he currently operates some sort of Public Relations Firm.

Pat Sullivan
Another White Guard from the ACC. He was an Assistant Coach at UNC two years ago. I guess when Dougherty came in, Pat was moved along. Here is his UNC Coaching Bio from 2000: tarheelblue.ocsn.com/spor...at00.html. I don't know where he is today. I'm sure he is Coaching somewhere.

Duany Duany
The name so nice, they named it twice. Duany Duany gained some national attention when Wisconsin made a Final Four run in 2000. His brother is still at Syracuse. Duany played in Norway in 2000-01, averaging 21 Pts and 6 Rebs in 9 Games. Last year he spent time with Indiana in the ABA.

Ladrell Whitehead
Ladrell was an undersized Guard who finished up at Ohio after transferring from Wyoming. He had a nice Senior Year, averaging 19 Pts a game. He played in the 1999 Portsmith Draft Camp, but I don't know what has happened to him since. Can't find him anywhere.

Serge Zwikker
As Kenny Mayne would say, "He's Tall". Serge had the height factor going for him and he stuck with the Rockets in 1997-98. That was his only NBA gig though. After that he spent some time in Spain and Italy. However soon after signing in the Netherlands in 2000-2001, Zerge announced his retirement. I have to admit, I was not present, nor did I watch that Press Conference. I'm sure he is living somewhere today in Europe as a really, really tall guy.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Sergio McClain
Sergio was a strong player for the Illini a few years ago. He was vastly undersized, but he got by on effort in College. Unfortunately, it's a little different at the Professional level, but he still plays harder than most. He spent 2001-02 in the NBDL with Asheville. He was released in January. He was out here this Summer playing in the Summer Pro League on a Free Agent team. Not sure where he has gone for 02-03.

Steve Smith
You're right on about Smith. Like you said, he did land at St. Francis, an NAIA School. He put up nice #'s his Senior and was on some NBA Teams radar. However, because of his past, he really blew any chance he had. He played in the UBSL during 2000, averaging 14 Pts and 5 Rebs. He went to the Swiss league for 2000-01 and averaged
16 Pts and 6 Rebs. I don't have an update on where he is today though.

And here is the Tyus Edney reply from an earlier response:

Tyus Edney
Tyus is one of the best Point Guards Overseas. He is currently playing for one of the best teams in all of the Overseas Market, Italy's Benetton Treviso. He was with them last season as well.

He made a NBA comeback with the Pacers during the 2000-01 Season. However, he can make just as much $ Overseas and be a Star.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
6:15 INC.

Awesome!! I never thought you would be able to find any viable info on Steve Smith.

How about:
Robbie Reed (BYU/Michigan)
Greg Schornstein (New Mexico)
Keith Carter (Ole Miss) I believe that was his name. He was a white Guard who wore number 33.
Bobby Brennan (Cincy)The last white guy to play there.

Next.........

Jumanji

Robbie Reed (BYU/Michigan)
Coach's Son (Clap, Clap, Clap,Clap, Clap). That seemed to be a poular cheer whenever BYU played with Reed and Reed had the helm. He moved on to Michigan after his Dad got fired. He played at Portsmith in 1999. Robbie recently finished up playing in Italy for a Summer Tour Team. Not sure if he has a job for the 2002-03 Season.

Greg Schornstein
Greg was at New Mexico with the likes of Charles Smith, Kenny Thomas, and Clayton Shields. I can't find an update on him today. I doubt he has played anywhere for money in the last few years. If he had, I would have found some information.

Keith Carter
Yeah, you have the right white guy. Keith was an athletic Guard who finished at Miss in 1999. He was with the Suns in the Summer of 1999, and played some this past Summer with the Clippers. In between his NBA Camps, Keith has played in the IBL, ABA, and Italy.

Bobby Brennan
He was one buff dude while at Cincy. They would always talk about how much he could bench press. He has been playing Professionally since 1998. Bobby spent time in Belgium for 3 Seasons. Last year he played in Australia for Brisbane.

I am a graduate of Balboa HS in SF class of 02, but I heard about those team led by Winters(rip) and marquette, I believed they were had a team nickname called the "jets' because they would score so many points so fast. I never met Winters but I went to school with his brother and from what everyone told me, he was going to be something really special, he was a scoring machine. Man so much memories, anymore former SF HS or college players, so one please post, thanks.

curtis staples?
doug day? i think hes still a bball coach around here?
Email: [email protected]
IM: VABigPoppa
"up in tha club sippin on that newzay cognac, in tha numba 9 jordans w/ tha deuce tre on back...."[table]V ab ig po pp A[/table]

Alright bro what about:

Willie Burton
Corey Benjamin (played against him in high school)
Sam Jacobson
Frankie KIng
Stacey King (complete bust)
Rumeal Robinson
Lionel Simmons

Some old school guys for you

Going to Vegas in moments.

Be back Sunday night. I'll get at your newest inquiries when I get back.

Keep 'em coming if you'd like.

Jumanji

Hoop Dreams:

Arthur Agee
William Gates
Fifty percent of life in the NBA is sex. The other fifty percent is money.-Dennis Rodman

THIS IS ADDICTING TO READ ALL OF THESE....BUT I DIDNT SEE

SHontay Rogers from GW (the real short one-wasnt he like 5'4?)
[table]

If it ain't Nike, then it cant be for me!

[/table]

Back
Top Bottom