Where R They Now ??? NCAA Basketball

Keith Jennings
Good 'ol Mister Jennings. I loved that guy when he came out of Middle Tennessee State. I remember hoping he would be drafted, but he wasn't. He hooked up with the Warriors from 1992-95. He then had a short stint with the Nuggets. Since then, he has been all over the globe. Stops in Spain, France, Russia, and Turkey. I'm not sure where/if he is currently playing.

Drew Barry
I have always been a huge DB Fan. He has a few brief stints in the NBA with Sonics, Warriors, and the Hawks. He played with them during parts of the 1998-2001 Seasons. After watching Drew play for 4 years at the Summer Pro League, I'm convinced that he is as good a passer I have ever seen. His vision and court awareness are as good if not better than anyone around. Unfortunately for Drew his Jumpshot isn't and that's the only reason he was unable to stick.

The last two years he had been in Italy. For the 2002-03 Season he is in Poland with Prokom Trefl Sopot.

I'll never forget meeting Drew at the So Cal Summer Pro League a few years ago. I asked him to sign his one basketball card that he has. He was astonished that someone had one, and told a few guys he was sitting with "See, even crappy players like me have a card." It was pretty funny. I've experienced tons of things like that when I get "Small Guys" to sign for me. They are always shocked that (1) someone knows who they are and wants and auto and (2) that I have their card.

Alfred Grigsby
Since finishing up at Cal Alfred has played in Japan every year since 1997.

Jerald Honeycutt
I have followed Jerald's Career since his Freshman year at Tulane. My sister went there the same years, so I always kep track of Tulane Basketball. I thought he had a chance to be a success in the NBA because of his versatility. However, Chris Ford and the Bucks never gave him a fair shot. He was traded to the 76ers, but once his 2-Year Rookie Contract expired he was done in the League. He has spent time the last few years in Greece, Russia, Phillippinnes, and the ABA. He is currently playing for Talk 'N Text in the Phillippines. He was leading the league in Scoring the last time I checked up on him. I really hope he returns to the NBA someday, but I don't think he will. Anybody interested in my 500 Jerald Honeycutt Rookie Cards? Didn't think so.

Derek Hood
Derek is close to returning to the NBA. He spent the early part of 1999 with the Hornets before being waived in January 2000 when his contract was to be guaranteed for the rest of the year. He is currently in camp with the Dallas Mavericks. I think he has a shot to stick because Cuban doesn't mind storing players on the IL. He played this past summer for the Jazz in Utah. Last year he was with Mobile of the NBDL.

Damon Flint
Damon was a sweet shooting lefty for Cincy back when they came on the scene in the early 1990's. He never really had any NBA opportunities, but he has made a career out of Professional Basketball. He was in Korea in 2000. Last year he played for Kentucky in the ABA. I've always kept an eye out for Damon's name because I liked him at Cincy.

And then..............?
Jumanji
6:15 INC.

Wow! Great job, keep it up!

Just one player I have been wondering about, Paul Mcpherson from Depaul. He seems too have disappeared after playing with Phoenix in the ABA and last I heard he was only playing Rec ball in Chicago but I really am not sure. Thanks!

This post is great!

george zidek
Dante Calabria
Carlos Rogers
Brooks Thompson
Trevor Wilson
Victor Alexander
Sherrell Ford
David Vaughn
Jerome Allen
Andrae Patterson
AJ Bramlett

KIN KORN KARN

yinka dare ?

what do you do now jumanji ? still in the sports biz ?
One

" I do not share your point of view; I'm actually quite opposed to it. But, as a supporter of democracy, I would be ready to die to defend your freedom of expression"

I'm actually in transition from the Agency job. I'd love to get back into it, I just need to find one that will pay me a little more.

Here is some player info:

George Zidek
George was among the busts in the 1st Round of the 1995 Draft. That might be the worst top to bottom 1st Round of all time. Finley went late, but look at all the other 1st Round Picks. Tons of guys who were either out before their 3-Year Guaranteed Deals were up, or right when they were expired. George has been out of the League since his deal expired in 1998. Since then he has been all over the world, rather successfully I might add. As a foreign born player he doesn't count against Overseas Teams as an American. You are only allowed a certain # of American Citizen players per team. That's why American's with passports or foreign players who went to USA Colleges always make great $ overseas. George has played in Lithuania, Spain, Germany, Turkey. He is currently in Poland playing for Prokom Trefl Sopot.

Paul McPherson
Paul couldn't stick in the NBA. He had a horrible attitude and a suspect work ethic. His jumping ability is unbelievable, but you can't be a headcase when you are a 10th-12th man. He was traded from Phoenix to Golden State during 2000. As a Rookie Free Agent he only had a 1 year contract. He landed in Dallas for part of the 2001 Summer, but wasn't picked up. Last year he was in Camp with Charleston of the NBDL. He didn't think he should be there, but was cut for a bad attitude. He ended up playing for Phoenix in the ABA for some of the year. I don't think he has signed overseas. I would imagine he would be back in a Minor League again this year. He is not in any NBA Camp right now.

Dante Calabria
Dante has always been one of my personal favorites. The Lakers had him in Summer Camp for a few years, and even brought him to Training Camp. He was unable to crack through into the NBA, but he has always made nice $ playing overseas. He has been a mainstay overseas in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, and Hungary. Again, like Zidek he does not count as an American for overseas teams.

Carlos Rogers
Carlos was in the league last year with the Pacers. He is currently a Free Agent and is not in camp with anyone. He has always had a ton of talent, but has not always had the opportunity to show it. He had some off court issues that hampered him. His sister (s) were really sick and died causing him a lot of trauma. He had been in the league with someone every year since being drafted by the Sonics, and then traded to the Warriors back in 1994.

Brooks Thompson
Actually, I knowo exactly where Brooks is. He is the Head Coach at Yavappi (sp?) College in Arizona. I Coach HS Basketball in So. Cal and we got a generic letter from him asking for us to let him know if we had any players who he might be interested in. I just happened to look at it, and noticed his name. Brooks was in the league for a few years, mainly with Orlando. He had a nice left handed stroke, but couldn't find his niche. After leaving the NBA he played some in the Minor Leagues and some Overseas.

Trevor Wilson
Trevor is one of my least favorite players of all time. I just always hated him. Anyways, I also know exactly where he is now. He is a LAPD Officer. I saw a commercial with him about a week ago. It showed him as a Laker and now on a new team, the LAPD. He had some short stints in the NBA with Lakers and Kings, among others. He also spent time Overseas and in the CBA.

Victor Alexander
Victor made a comeback to the NBA last year, sticking with Pistons all season. He was stuck on the IL for most of the year though. He had been out of the League since 1996. He is currently a Free Agent. From 1996-2001 he spent time in Israel, Greece, Puerto Rico, Spain, and Argentina.

Sherrell Ford
I always liked Sherrell's game and was surprised he couldn't stick in the NBA. He had a Guaranteed 3-Year Rookie Contract with the Sonics in 1995, but he was gone pretty soon after that. Since then he has been Overseas and in the Minors. The last three years he has been in Russia, Greece, Lebanon, and Poland. 2002-03 he is in Poland playing for MKS Pruszkow.

David Vaughn
A bust out of Memphis, David was out of the league about as fast as he came in. Like Ford, he was a 1st Round Pick in 1995 and received a Guaranteed 3-Year Contract. However, as soon as the contract was gone, so was he. He spent 3 straight years in Greece putting up nice numbers. Last year he spent time in Italy, Poland, and the Phillippinnes.

Jerome Allen
"Pooh" Allen was featured in SLAM a few months ago. He played this Summer in the Rucker League. Jerome has been with a number of NBA Teams for Summer Leagues and Training Camps. Over the last few years he has spent time with Celtics, Lakers, and Bucks. For 2001-02 he played in Italy for Virtus Roma.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Andrae Patterson
Andrae was unlucky his few years in the NBA. Knee injuries cost him and he couldn't stick after two years with T-Wolves. He spent Summer of 2001 with the Jazz, but he went to Italy for 2001-02. He is back in Italy for 2002-03 playing for Manresa.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

AJ Bramlett&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
AJ has been close to returning to the NBA (he was with the Cavs for a short time in 1999-00). He has been a Summer League and Training Camp mainstay, spending time withe Sonics, Cavs , Wizards, Spurs, and Jazz. He is currently playing in Italy for the same team he played for last year, Caprabo Lleida.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Yinka Dare
"Stinka" is one of the worst 1st Round Picks of All-Time. He was out of the League within 4 years. He did return though in 2000 for some time with the Warriors. After that he went to Idaho of the CBA. I'm not sure what he has been up to since.

I'll never forget an article I read about him. They asked him how old he was (something that is always an issue with Foreign born athletes). Anyways, he said he wasn't sure because they use to keep track of their age by the rings in a tree stump. He said someone tore up the stump when he was 15 or so and they lost count.

Another story about Yinka came from Jayson Williams Book, "Loose Balls". Back when Jayson, Yinka, and the infamous Benoit Benjamin palyed for the Nets. In a game versus the Hawks, Yinka posed a question. He asked why Christian Laettner had a "C" on the upper part of his jersey. The answer of course is to signfy "Captain". However, Jayson wanted to have a little fun with him. He asked Yinka, what do you think it means? Yinka's response, Caucassion? A valid guess I assume. But before Jayson could stop laughing, Benoit chimed in. He said, Caucassion, no way, everybody knows Caucassion starts with a "K".

That about sums up Yinka's NBA Career.

And Then...............And Then...........

Jumanji

Dana Dingle
Dana's resume doesn't seem to impressive since leaving UMass. He spent this past Summer playing in the Rucker League. He has spent time in Israel and a Minor League or two as well.

Carmelo Travesio
Carmelo has spent the last few years in Argentina, Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico.

Edgar Padillia
He has played in Argentina, Poland, and the Dominican Republic.

Sharone Wright
Sharone was injured in a horrible car accident a few years ago. He was almost killed and injured his arm very badly. It basically ended his basketball career. He tried to make a comeback with the T-Wolves last year, but was cut. A Lottery Pick by the 76ers in 1994, Sharone never did breakthrough. He finished with a 4 year NBA Carrer.

And Then??

Jumanji

Brad Lohaus, Tony Smith, Eric Mobley, Loren Meyer, Lorenzo Williams, Darrin Hancock, and Alaa Abdelnaby? Thanks Jumanji.

Brad Lohaus
A big lefty with a nice touch, Brad had a solid NBA Career. He has been out of the League for a while now, and is not currently playing anywhere that I can find. I think I have seen his name within the last few years though. He seems like someone who will end up or is in broadcasting or coaching.

Tony Smith
Tony had a decent NBA Career, after starting out with the Lakers in the early 90's. He bounced around to the Bucks, Suns, and Heat. He was out of the league in 1998. He came back on a 10 Day Contract with the Hawks, but was gone after that in 2000. The last 4 years he has spent time in the CBA, ABA, Italy, Dominican Republic, and Venezuela.

Eric Mobley
Mobley was a bust from the 1994 1st Round Draft. He had size, but couldn't cut it in the league. He has been out of the NBA since 1997. Since then he has played in Puerto Rico. Can't find where or if he is anywhere today.

Loren Meyer
Loren was another 1st Round bust from the 1995 Draft. I think people have asked about just about everyone from that years draft. He has been out of the league since playing with Denver in 1999. He has spent some time in England and Venezuela.

Lorenzo Williams
Lorenzon was big undrafted PF/C who stuck in the NBA for a number of years. He was last around with the Wizards in 2000. I'm not sure what he has been up to since.

Darrin Hancock
I always liked Darrin's game. He was a high flyer who bounced around the NBA for a few years. He was back in 2000 for a little bit with the Hornets. Since then he has spent most of his time in the CBA.

Alaa Abdelnaby &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Alaa was one of the players who helped Coach K turn the Duke program around. He is also probably still listed as the 1st player listed alphabetically for players who played in the NBA. He spent time with 4 teams in his 5 years in the league. He went overseas after that, spending some time in France. In 2000 he played in the CBA for Idaho.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Marquette Alexander
I have to admit, that Marquette is the 1st player who someone has asked about that I have never heard of. Everyone else I could write something about without having to look up. However, here is what I found about Marquette: In 2000 he went to France and played for Beauvais. He then returned home in October 2000 to play in the IBA for Dakota. However, he was suspended for the duration of the season, following an incident during the December 26 game against the Billings Rim Rockers, when he hit a fan. Summer 2001 he played in the San Francisco Pro-Am.

Jumanji

marquette alexander used to have the san francisco aaa league on lock with winters patterson (rip) at balboa...that squad averaged +100 game for 2 years...

how about:

speedy daniels (unlv)
raymond tutt (ucsb)
devin davis (miami ohio, dude w/ the hair)
malcolm mackey (ga tech)
michael maddox (ga tech)
orlando smart (usf)
kareem reid (arkansas)
tony rutland (wake forest)

And I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about lesser known bballers...keep it up...

Here is a player I liked back in the day .......... I doubt you'll find info on this one .......

Antoine Brockington (Coppin State)

It feels good to know that God is loving you. That's the best feeling in the world.
It makes you cry and nothing is even bothering you. It makes you scream but nothing is even scaring you. It makes you have an outbreak and people look at you like you're crazy. The joy is so deep , it makes people look at you and they want what you've got. "Whatever he's on , that's what I need a bag of ", they think. "Whatever he's drinking , that's what I want to drink!" But what I'm on ..... is Jesus. -Pastor Mason Betha

I remember that 96 Balboa squad led by Marquette and Winters. They were a very very good squad. I'll never forget the game when my school--a HUGE underdog--beat them in the NorCals after Cassidy Raher hit 9 treys in a row.

While we're talking about Bay Area folks, do you know what ever happened to:

Ali Thomas (USF...last I heard he was in Germany and in the 2002 SF Pro-Am)
Hakeem Ward (USF)
Al (or Albert) Johnson Jr. (don't know what college he went to, but he was a star in HS)
Geno Carlisle (CAL)
Thomas Kilgore (CAL)

Sorry if I repeated any names.

miniminiman--

that was my school too...too bad we lost 2 de la salle that year...nevertheless the greatest HS game i've witnessed...

Ok heres my inquiries:

Ricky Price /Duke
Jerome lane /Pitt
Kenny battle-Marcus Liberty /Illinois
David Rivers /Notre Dame-Lakers
Pooh Richardson /UCLA-Timberwolves
Fennis Dembo /Wyoming-Pistons

hey Jumanji, I'm impressed with all your knowledge
" Where they are now"?....If you can tell me whatever happened to:

Dwayne "Pearl" Washington

Willie Glass

Walter Berry

Stevie Thompson

Roy Marble

David Rivers

Mark Macon

This reply took a little longer. You guys finally came up with a few guys I couldn't write anything off the top of my head on. No problem though, you ask I'll respond.

Keep 'em coming. Remember, I won't say "No And Then", at least not yet.

Jumanji

Speedy Daniels
I use to like watching Daniels at UNLV. They would always be on ESPN late Monday nights. He finished up his College Career at TCU. In 2000 he was in Summer Camp with the Pacers and Sonics. Last year he spent time in the NBDL and CBA. For 2002-03 he went off to Slovenia and is playing for Pivovarna Lasko.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Raymond Tutt
"King Tutt" was a beast coming out of UCSB. He seems to always play at the So Cal Summer Pro League, so I see him about once a year. He did play with the Spurs in the Utah Summer League in 2001. Over the last few years he has spent time in USBL, CBA, Argentina, and the Phillippines. Last year he played in the NBDL with Columbus. For 2002-03 he is in Italy with Sicc Aurora Jesi.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Devin Davis
Devin and his Miami of Ohio teammattes have always been a thorn in my side. I've always been a huge U of Arizona fan, and Miami knocked them out in the 1st Round back in 1995. Devin was interesting prospect. He had good size and great athleticism. However, he never did get much of a NBA shot. He was with the Suns in Utah in the Summer of 2000. He spent some time in the CBA and the Phillippines. However, the last 4 years he has been in Spain. For the last 3 years (incl. 02-03) he has played for Breogan Lugo.

Malcolm Mackey
Malcolm had a short stint in the NBA with the Suns for 1993-94. Since then he has been all over, spending time in France, Turkey, Spain, Puerto Rico, Greece, and Italy. He played 2001-02 in France, and went back there again this year. However, he was released in Sept by Dijon.

Michael Maddox
I saw Maddox play in the Summer Pro League a few years ago. Since leaving Tech, he has played in Turkey, USBL, IBL, Greece, Korea, and Indonesia. Most of the last few years have been spent in Korea.

Orlando Smart
I've gotten nothing on Orlando Smart. I do remember him from his days at USF in the early 1990's where he put some nice #'s. However, I can't find an update on him today.

Kareem Reid
Kareem has become one of the more famous Rucker Park Players playing in the Entertainment Classic and others. I've seen some of him on NBA TV over the past Summers. He has spent time with the Globetrotters as well. Kareem also played in Turkey, IBL, and USBL.

Tony Rutland
I remember Tony playing at Wake. He was a deadly 3-Point Shooter. Since he finished at Wake in 1998, he has sepnt time in Korea, Cyprus, Austria, Venezuela, USBL, IBL, and XBA.

Antoine Brockington
Priest Zilla, "I doubt you'll find info on this one".
Come on, never fear Jumanji is here. Anyways, I remember Brockington at Coppin State leading his team to the NCAA's. He was a force for them and brought them to a little National attention. Since then he has spent time in Israel, Venezuela, Cyprus, USBL, EBA, UBA.

I have even read about him lately. He played in a Showcase Camp at Virginia Commonwealt back in May. I put one of those on for our Agency in Southern California, so I always read about people who put on their own. Our Camp was pretty successful. But anyways, Antoine played well at the VCU Camp. He signed in August to play in the LNPB, a league in Mexico. He signed with the Zorros Morelia.

I read about that league a few times a week, because I helped place a player in that league. The guy I helped is not represented by anyone, so I did what I could for him. He landed over there and is 2nd in the Legue in Scoring at 27+ PPG.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Ali Thomas
I have to admit, you guys got me on most of the USF players. Your info on Thomas was all I could find as well. He has spent time in Germany and in the SF Pro-Am.
Last I heard he was in Germany and in the 2002 SF Pro-Am)

Hakeem Ward
Hakeem has more on his resume. He has played all over, including, Italy, UBA, Poland, USBL, Columbia, and Spain. Last year he was with Los Barrios Cadiz in Spain. His Stats were: 30games: 13.3ppg, 6.8rpg. They must have liked what they saw because he has back with them again this year.

Al (or Albert) Johnson Jr
Not sure who he is either. I did find info on an Albert Johnson from the US. He is a 6'1, White, PG. He is 28 years old. He played at Rhodes College and has spent time Overseas, most recently in Germany. Hope that is the right guy.

Geno Carlisle
Geno had a few NBA teams interested him 2 years ago. He spent time in a few camps, but couldn't stick. He had a bad rep at Cal and it followed him. He has been all over the last few years. Among his stops, CBA, Venezuela, Spain, ABA, Greece, and Italy. May 2002 he was back in Venezuela.

Thomas Kilgore
I remember Thomas from Cal as well. Unfortunately, I can't locate an update on him.

Ricky Price
I was waiting for someone to ask about Ricky. As I said earlier, I worked for a basketball agent for 6 months this year. We represent Ricky Price. Ricky is one of the nicest people, let alone pro basketball players, I have ever met. He is just a great all around guy that I am proud to say I know. He was as close as you can get to making it into the NBA last year. He was the last guy the Pistons cut out of Training Camp. He spent last season playing in France and Venezuela.

From an un-biased perspective, Ricky has NBA Skills. His first step and pull-up Jumpshot are rediculous. However, his age is catching up to him. He is only 26, but for his 1st stint in the NBA, that is getting up there. He will always make good $ overseas and has been in a bunch of countries playing.

Jerome Lane
"Send It In Jerome!" The original call of Bill Raftery when Jerome broke the backboard at Pitt. Jerome bounced around the NBA from 1988-93, spending time with the Nuggets, Pacers, Bucks, and Cavs. After that he became a regular in the CBA. He also played a little bit in Spain. The last update on Jerome is from 2000 and he was in the CBA with Idaho.

Kenny Battle
A member of Illinois Final 4 Run back with Nick Anderson, Ken Norman, and Liberty who you mentioned. Battle was a great Dunker and had some potential. He spent a little time with the Pistons, Suns, Nuggets, and Celtics. His resume is rather bleak, indicating he spent time with the Globetrotters and being named a 1994 All-Star in the CBA. No update on him in a while.

Marcus Liberty
Marcus has been somewhere every year since finishing up at Illinois. His NBA Career was 5 years with time with the Nuggets and Pistons. Since then he has been in CBA, Greece, Sweeden, Turkey, Puerto Rico, Phillippinnes, Japan, IBA, Dominican Republic, and most recently (2001-02) in Chile.

Pooh Richardson
Pooh was recently hired to work for the Harlem Globetrotters. The Clippers bought out his contract back in 1999. He made a lot of $ playing in the NBA and should be set for life. He came back with the Pistons for a little bit, but he is done playing. His last playing gig was in Italy in 2000. In 2000-01 he was an Assistant with Anaheim of the ABA. I think he has a pretty bright future in coaching as he seems like a good players coach.

Fennis Dembo
Fennis was a projected star who was even on the cover of Sports Illustrated during his time at Wyoming. The Pistons drafted him, but he was a NBA Bust. He played overseas in Argentina, France, Spain, Italy, and spent time in the CBA. He retired from basketball in 1997.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Dwayne "Pearl" Washington
A talent unlike most, Pearl encountered serious drug problems that cost him any chance of a successful NBA Career. He spent a number of years playing around the world and spent time in the CBA as well. I don't know where/if he is currently playing. I think SLAM did a little article on him within the last few years.

Willie Glass
Wow, an oldy as well. Willie was at St. John's in the late 80's with the next guy Walter Berry. He spent time playing Overseas as I remember seeing his name a while ago. No current update. I doubt he is still playing.

Walter Berry
A talented player from St. John's, Walter had a number of shots at the NBA with the Blazers, Nets, and Rockets. He never could last though, and took his act Overseas. He has done very well for himself, and was still playing last year. He spent most of his years in Greece, but also played in Italy and Spain. However, Greece was his home for all or parts of 8 Seasons. In 2001-02 he was in Venezuela.

Stevie Thompson
I know exactly where Stevie is today. He was just name an Assistant Coach at Cal-State Dominguez? (I forgot exactly which one). Stevie also helps Coach one of the Top AAU Teams in the Country, SCA (Southern California All-Stars). I Coach HS Basketball and one of our players has played with them for parts of the last year. They practiced quite a bit at our High School so I would see Stevie quite often. He is still in unbelievable shape and looks really the same as he did at Syracuse.

Stevie spent a number of years playing in Japan. He also played in France, CBA, Israel, and Belgium. His last year of playing was 2000-01 when he was with San Diego of the ABA.

Roy Marble
A star at Iowa, Roy was a high energy player with potential. He spent time playing throughout the globe, most recently I think in France. He also played in Canada, and in 1993 was named to the All NBL (Canad's National Basketball League). I'm not sure where/if he is playing today.

David Rivers
David had a little NBA run with the Lakers, T-Wolves, Spurs, Clippers, and Cavs, but his NBA Career was very short. He became one of, if not the best American Point Guard playing Overseas. He had some chances to return, but the $ and stardom he had overseas were too good to give up. He has played in France, Turkey, and Greece. He gained the most stardom playing for Olympiakos in Greece. He then decided to start helping American Players who play overseas, and was named President of the American International Players Association. I remember reading an article about that in Sports Illustrated a few years ago.

Mark Macon &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
I remember watching Mark's first game his Freshman Year at Temple. He had star written all over him and was a dominating college player. Unfortunately his success did not carry over into the NBA. He was a Lottery Pick by the Nuggets in 1991, but never put up the numbers people invisioned. His last run in the league was in 1998-99, the lockout year, with the Pistons. He has since spent time in Turkey and Venezuela.

Jumanji-

Clarence Ceasar
Wes Matthews
Kenny Walker
Tim Perry
Blue Edwards
Billy Thompson(post Lakers/Heat)....

I've got plenty of these, just gimme time to think....
Wanted: AJ X Size 13 DS

Yeah, but we were underdogs against that Brandon Payton-led DLS team.

What really gets me is the loss to Galileo at home in the 1st game of the 97 NorCals. We had squad that year w/ Ali, Luke, Jason, Joe, etc.

The DLS loss in 99 hurt too, but it's sort of an SI thing to choke in big games.

Wow, what a day. I've had serious computer issues since about 2 PM. My entire comp is in trouble and it took me forever to get back up and running.

Hopefully I'll have it taken care of by tomorrow. Keep the Players coming though, it just may take a little longer for the responses.

Here are answers on the players I have yet to respond upon.

I've heard about everyone of these guys, and it was easy for me to write some stuff on each. However, most of these guys are older and when I tried to find out where they are today, the information was bleak. But, here you go:

Clarence Ceasar
LSU guy, left handed I'm almost sure. I remember him from a few years ago. He spent some time in the USBL, IBL. However, that's all the info I have for you.

Wes Matthews
The funky shooter. I remember watching the Lakers Championship Drive For Five Video when I was younger and hearing his Teammattes rip on his form. I have no updated information on him. I know he played overseas after his few years in the NBA. It's been a while since I have heard or read about him though. I always remember him and Milt Wagner as young Lakers in 1987-1988. Still hear about Milt all the time, but nothing on Wes.

Kenny Walker
"Sky Walker". Well, he could jump and dunk really hard, but that was about it. The Winner of the 1989 Slam Dunk Contest, Kenny came out of University of Kentucky. He was with the Knicks for a while in the NBA, but never did much. After that he played overseas. No current info on him. I would imagine he retired a few years ago.

Tim Perry
A talented player out of Temple, Tim never did much in the NBA. He lasted for 8 years though with the Suns, 76ers, and Nets. Since he left the NBA in 1996, he has been in Spain. He has played on a number of teams over there.

Blue Edwards
Blue, who in case you didn't know, got his nickname because he choked and almost died as a kid. He turned Blue, and the name stuck. Anyways, he was a good NBA Player who was underrated while in the League. He spent time with the Bucks, Jazz, Grizzlies, Celtics, and Heat. His last stint in the NBA was in 1999. Since then he has played a few years in Greece. Don't know if he is still playing, I doubt it.

Billy Thompson
One of a very few, (I know Magic also did), players who won an NCAA Championship and the an NBA Championship in their Rookie Year. Thompson won at Louisville in '86 and with the Lakers in '87. He was drafted by the Heat in the Expansion Draft. He spent a few more years in the NBA, but Billy then took his act overseas for a few years. I think he played in the CBA as well. No update on him as to what he is up to now. Retired, I would think as well.

Jumanji.... correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't Milt Wagner Dajuan's father? i think i read that in GQ magazine featuring sports stars
"this game's in the refrigerator, the door's closed, lights out, eggs getting cooled, butter's getting hard, and the jello's jigglin" Rest in peace Chick Hearn[table]San Diego Super Chargers[/table]

Yes, Milt is Dejuan's Father. That's why I said I still hear about him all the time.

Milt was Named an Assistant Coach at Memphis prior to last year.

Amazingly, his son showed up there as well. What are the odds?

Calipari said it had nothing to do with the fact that Dejuan was going there. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

And I'm Brian Fellows. Sorry, had to throw that in there. Saw his name being thrown around in the Retro Forum. Greatest SNL Skit in a long time.

Sorry for the tangent.

Jumanji

this is an amazing/nostalgic post...as for 2nite's playas:

dwayne morton (l'ville, drafted by the GSW)
sherman "the general" douglas (cuse)
chris corchiani/rodney monroe (who could forget fire n ice at ncst?)
byron houston (ok st)
tony bennett (wisc gb)
travis mays (texas, part of that BMW trio)
acie earl (iowa)
dwayne fontana (az st)

some notes: albert johnson probably never played past JC ball in the bay area, was talented coming outta sacred heart in sf but not sure what happened to him...he's like a 5'10" 22-23 yr old 2guard who's black...so its not the guy u mentioned...

milt is dejaun's father..

since ur a UofA fan, you must like those Shakur and Deng commits...the rich get richer...

Back
Top Bottom