Where R They Now ??? NCAA Basketball

Yea, those are some great signings for the Wildcats.

I'll get at your newest names tomorrow. Lots of good names there. All guys who I can write easily about.

One update for whoever asked about Rex Walters. Just read up on him. He played the last 2 years in the ABA for Kansas City. He was going to become an Assistant Coach for them this year, but the ABA announced they are canceling the season. They are trying to come back in 2004.

As for Acie Earl and his CLASSIC 90's haircut, just wait till tomorrow.

Out for now
Jumanji
6:15 INC.

Youngestone,

As Jim Carey stated in "Dumb & Dumber" while handing out wads of cash to bellmen, "There You Go".

Next..........................
Jumanji

Dwayne Morton
Dwayne had an awesome flat top back at Louisville. It was Cliff Levingston good. He was Drafted by the Nets in the 2nd Round back in 1994, but he ended up with the Warriors. That was his only year in the NBA. Since then he has spent time in the CBA, Israel, Germany, England, and Japan. Last year he was with Indiana of the ABA, averaging 15 Pts and 5 Rebs. In July 2002 he went off to play in Bulgaria.

Sherman Douglas
The General had a pretty solid NBA Career. Although undersized and a little pudgy, Douglas spent 9 years in the NBA. He was the catalyst PG for those early Miami Heat teams, and then moved on to the Celtics, Bucks, and Clippers. His last stint was with the Nets in 2000-01. They upgraded that position a little about last year, with some guy named Kidd. I saw Sherman playing in the World Pro Basketball Championships this past Summer. It was some Tournament on Fox that Magic Johnson was a part of.

Chris Corchiani/Rodney Monroe
They were a deadly combo at NC State. Corchiani became the NCAAs All-Time Leader in Assists, (later broken by Bobby Hurley). Monroe could flat out score and they were both Drafted in the 2nd Round of 1991. However, neither experienced much success in the League.

Chris was gone by 1994 after a few stints with the Magic and Celtics. He found his niche though playing Overseas. He became a very popular, and a player in high demand. He has spent time playing in Turkey, Greece, Spain, and Italy. The last two years he has been back in Spain. He is currently playing for Lucentum Alicante. He has been struck by injuries over the last few years, so I would think he is almost done playing. I could see getting into Coaching when he retires.

Rodney was gone by 1993 after two years with the team that drafted him, the Hawks. He also found a level of success once he was out of the NBA. He played in the CBA, Australia, Cyprus, and Israel. The last 4 Seasons he has been one of the better players in Italy. He went back to Italy again this year, signing with Roseto Basket Town.

Byron Houston
Byron was the ultimate undersized Power Forward. He was listed between 67 and 69 in College. Unfortunately for him, he was about 64. He was still drafted in the 1st Round in 1992, and spent a few years hanging around. Byron played with the Warriors, Bulls, Sonics, and Kings. Since then he has spent time in the CBA, Spain, Italy, Philippines, Puerto Rico, and the IBA. In 2000-01 he helped lead St. Louis to the IBA Championship. I saw him playing in the Summer Pro League a few years ago.

Tony Bennett
Tony played for his dad at Wisconsin Green Bay. He made the NBA his 1st year out of college, landing with the Hornets in 1992-93. He played a few more seasons in the League and then moved to the CBA and Overseas. Tony retired from playing a few years ago and became a Head Coach for a Team in New Zealand. He then spent time as an Assistant under his dad ****, at University of Wisconsin. He is now the Head Coach at his former school, Wisconsin Green Bay.

Travis Mays
Travis was an unbelievable scorer in College, and people projected great things for him. Drafted by the Kings in 1990, Travis was out of the league after playing with the Hawks in 1992-93. He has been all over the world since, spending time in Greece, Turkey, Italy, and Israel. Most of his time has been in Italy though. From 1998-2002, Travis was with a number of teams in Italy. He was released last Spring after putting up lackluster numbers.

Acie Earl
Acie is another guy with one of the best flat tops of all time. I always thought Acie looked like Shock-G of Digital Underground. An athletic 7-Footer, Acie was projected to be a star. He had a good career at Iowa and was Drafted in 1993. His NBA Career was not very impressive. He has spent time all over the world including, Turkey, Russia, and Australia. I saw him with the Celtics in the Summer Pro League a few years ago. He was back in Russia last year playing for Uniks.

Dwayne Fontana
Dwayne finished up at ASU in 1994. He was with a few NBA Teams for Summer or Training Camp. He has spent in Mexico, Israel, Spain, and Australia. He also played in some US Minor Leagues. In 2001 he was played in San Francisco Summer Pro Am.

And finally, for the recent post about Damon Bailey. Someone earlier asked about him. The reply is on Page 1, but its getting hard to locate the information. Tons of players have been found and can be hard to see who I have responded upon.

Here is my earlier reply:

Damon Bailey:
Damon bounced around the Minor Leagues (CBA, etc) and was in Indiana Pacer Camp a number of times. He retired from basketball last year or the year before. He now runs a business in Indiana (pretty sure in IN).

Quote:
Acie Earl
Acie is another guy with one of the best flat tops of all time. I always thought Acie looked like Shock-G of Digital Underground. An athletic 7-Footer, Acie was projected to be a star. He had a good career at Iowa and was Drafted in 1993. His NBA Career was not very impressive. He has spent time all over the world including, Turkey, Russia, and Australia. I saw him with the Celtics in the Summer Pro League a few years ago. He was back in Russia last year playing for Uniks.

I though he finally found his niche in the NBA in 1995-1996, but I guess fate thought other wise...Didn't he score like 55 in a game in 1996 with the Raptors?
[color=FF9900]Air Penny[/color]​
[color=999999]Air Penny III (1997-1998) - Available in mid-November, this is Hardaway's latest shoe. It has will come in three colors [black, blue, and all white]. It also contains the 1 cent logo. It again has the combination of the Air Max and the Zoom Air technology. The shoe is retailed at $150.[/color]​
[color=663399][/color]

Yea, Acie was with the Raptors during 1995-96.

He didn't have 55, but he did drop 40 on the Celtics in April of that Year.

I guess that was his message to them for getting rid of him.

He spent 1996-97 with the Raptors and Bucks, but has been out of the League since.

Jumanji

This post seems to be losing its popularity.

Last Call.

Who else do you want to locate?

Jumanji

Good looking out with the solid info jumpanji15, much respect. Looking at Ronnie Fields name in here is somewhat depressing, me being from Chicago he was looked at possibly the next Jordan. It was said that Ronnie had a "50 inch Vertical". I saw him play along with Kevin Garnett in February of 95 and it was one of the most exciting basketball games I ever saw NBA/College or HIgh School. That car accident that Ronnie Fields had in early 1996 in which he messed up his back messed up his career at the same time. He was never the same after that and many people around the country forget about that or just don't know about that.

Yeah you right Jumanji. I think you're work is done :\
ohwell.gif
. Hit the bricks pal.... :tongue:
tongue.gif

[color=999999]Air Penny III (1997-1998) - Available in mid-November, this is Hardaway's latest shoe. It has will come in three colors [black, blue, and all white]. It also contains the 1 cent logo. It again has the combination of the Air Max and the Zoom Air technology. The shoe is retailed at $150.[/color]​
[color=663399][/color]

At least one more.

Harold Arceneaux
The "Show" was a star at Weber State. He led his team to an upset win over UNC in the NCAA's his Junior Year. However, he is one of a few players (Miles Simon, Terrance Morris) who potentially hurt himself by not declaring for the Draft early.

He returned to Weber State for his Senior Year and then went undrafted. As I said, he potentially hurt himself by not declaring. He might not have been drafted if he had declared early anyway. Sure he was a "hot" name after the NCAA's in 1999, but there is a reason he went undrafted the following year. His flaws would have most likely been seen if he declared early.

Anyway, since Weber, Harold has spent time in the NBDL, IBL, Austrailia, and last year in Poland.

For 2002-03, he is in France, playing for Beauvais.

Next?
Jumanji

Please just a few more:
Harold Jenson (Villinova)
Chris Kingsbury (Iowa)
Damon Friarson (Miami, Oh)
Courtney James (Minnesota and HS teammate of Friarson)
Miles Tarver(Minnesota), He too had a pretty good Hi Top Fade!
George Ackles (UNLV) He looked like the Shogun of Harlem from The Last Dragon! Sho' Nuf!!
Carlos Knox (IUPUI)
H Waldman(UNLV/St. Louis) I think that was his last name
Lamont Roland (Ball State/LSU)
Jermaine Guice (Butler)
Chris Jent (Ohio State)
Antoine Jobert <sp?> (Michigan)
Chandler Thompson (Ball State)
Brandy Perryman(Texas)
Finally, the Martinez Guy from Kentucky. I don't remember his first name of the top of my head but he had the weasel mustache.

Thanks !!!

"Mark Sanford
Mark has serious NBA Talent. However, he has SERIOUS attidue issues. I believe that is the only reason he has not made it to the League. He played 2001-02 in Japan for the Matsu****a Electric Panasonic Kangaroos. He was 4th in the League in Scoring with 24.5 ppg."

Hey, thanks for your info on this guy.

I had the opportunity to see virtually all his home games at U. of Washington.

He was a pretty nice player. Left a year early, unfortunately, and I never heard of him again. He could leap, but he had to work on his ball handling , and outside shooting since he was only 6' 8" or something.

I always thought he left because he couldn't make the grades, and attitude did seem to be a problem...hope he can make it into the league before his career washes up.

I don't know if this has been asked, but I'm too lazy to look.

Khalid Reeves? Last I remember, he was a Net.

What about Tim Young and Art Lee from Stanford?

I knew there would more. The names are not as big in terms of NCAA Star Power, but most of these guys are still playing somewhere in the world.

Enjoy.
Anybody else?
Jumanji

Tim Young
I never liked Young. Just something about him. I guess that, and I hate Stanford. Anyways, Tim was a 7'0 some NBA people thought had a chance of sticking. However, he was exposed and has not been back since 2000. His Rookie Year was with his hometown Warriors in 1999-2000. He caught on in the Pre-Season of 2000-01 with the Wizards, but was released. Since then Tim has played in Poland and Spain. He spent 2001-02 in Spain, and is back there again this year. He is currently playing for Lobos Cantabria.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Arthur Lee
Someone asked about Art early on, but I'll update his info for you. I saw him play with the Warriors in 1999 at the Summer Pro League. I never liked him at Stanford (just like Young, I hate the Cardinal), but I thought he played ok. However, you could tell he was not NBA material. Since then, Art has spent time in Turkey, Croatia, and Italy. Last year in Italy he averaged 15 Pts and 2 Asts. He is back in Italy for 2002-03, playing for Vip Rimini. &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Khalid Reeves
Someone asked about him as well. Here is my reply from an earlier post.

Khalid had a very nice Rookie Contract after being drafted in 1994. He was unable to do much in the NBA though. He had a good rookie year with the Heat, but was traded to Charlotte in the Alonzo Mourning deal. He then bounced around from Charlotte to Dallas (a few times), to New Jersey to Chicago.

The last few years he has spent time in the IBL, ABA, USBL, and overseas in Venezuela, Greece, and France. &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Harold Jensen
A member of the Cats who defeated G'Town in the 1985 NCAA Championship. Harold had a great game that night, as did all his teammattes in pulling off one of the biggest upsets of all time. Here is an article from Sporting News in 2001. Seems like they had the "Where are they now' question you did.
www.sportingnews.com/feat...ey/jensen/

Chris Kingsbury (Iowa)
Chris was a talented shooter and pretty good all-around player at Iowa. He had issues there and left after his Junior Year. Since then he has spent time in the IBL, CBA, and Iowa. In 2000-01 he was in the IBL with Cincinnati.

Damon Frierson
Damon has made the rounds sine leaving Miami a few years ago. Since 1999 he has played in the IBL, IBA, USBL, Slovenia, and Belgium. In 2001-02 he played in Slovenia.

Courtney James
Courtney got caught up in the academic scandals at Minnesota and left there early. He went to Greece right away, but was let go after a short stint. He then spent time in the CBA, IBL, France, Venezuela, and last year in the USBL. For 2002-03, Courtney signed in Germany with EnBW Ludwigsburg.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Miles Tarver
Yea, Miles had a solid do going for him as well. However, his resume does not appear to be as solid. He spent time in Finland and the USBL during 1999-2000. However, that is the last info I have on him. Not sure where/if he has played the last few years.

George Ackles
George held down the middle for the Running Rebels of the late 80's early 90's. I remember watching UNLV games late at night on channel 56 in Southern California. The games were broadcasted by Dodger announcer Ross Porter. Wow, flashback. However, like fellow Rebel Anderson Hunt, he watched from a far as teammattes Greg Anthony, Stacey Augmon, and Larry Johnson went on the NBA. George has played in a bunch of leagues throughout the world. He has spent time in amog other places, the CBA, China, and Mexico. Most recently, George was back in Mexico.

Carlos Knox
Carlos put up huge numbers his Sr year at IUPUI. He spent time playing in the CBA in 1998, and then signed for a short stint with the Indiana Pacers. He then played in Italy, Venezuela, and Germany. In 2001-02, Carlos was named an Assistant Coach at his ala mata.

H Waldman
Yea, you got his name right. I remember him at UNLV as one of the white guys LJ and gangs SR Year, and when he transferred to St. Louis. Tough to ever forget his name. He played in Israel from 1996-2001. Since then, he spent time in Poland and Russia. Last year in Russia, he averaged 6 Pts and 3 Asts.

Lamont Roland
Lamont teamed with Bonzi Wells at Ball State, but he transferred after his Freshman Year. He spent a year at Barton CC, a high level Junior College, then went back to D1 at LSU. Couldn't find much of an update on him. However, he did tour with a team in China last year.

Jermaine Guice
Another guy from the midwestern region you have been looking for. Jermaine is still going strong and has been playing for money since finishing up at Butler in 1994. He has played in the CBA, IBA, and the USBL. However, he spent most of his time playing in Israel. Last year in Israel, playing for Elitzur Qiryat, he averaged 22 Pts and 3 Asts. He has moved to France for 2002-03, signing with STB Le Havre.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Chris Jent
I was just thinking about him yesterday because I saw an autographed card of him I have. Chris was a gritty player who spent some time with the Rockets from 1993-1995. He was also with the Knicks for a short stint in 1997. He has played in a ton of leagues throughout the world. Chris has spent time in the CBA, USBL, IBL, Spain, Italy, Greece, and Austrailia. The last two seasons, he has been back in Italy. Last year he played for Sacil HLB Pavia averaging, 13.6ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.7apg, 1.4spg.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Antoine Jobert
I have to admit, I had no idea who he was. However, I did find a pic of him at Michigan. Sweet Hair! members.aol.com/dbradmill...jobert.htm
Can' find any professional basketball info on him. Seems pretty old now, so I doubt he is playing anywhere today.

Chandler Thompson
Another Fighting Cardinal from BSU. Chandler has been playing professionally since 1992. He was drafted in the CBA, but he became a mainstay in Spain. He played in Spain from 1992-2000. In 2000-01, Chandler moved on to Greece, and then Italy. he has been in Italy since. Last year he played for Fabriano Basket. In 38games, he averaged 16.5ppg, 6.7rpg, 1.8apg, 2.6spg. He is back in Italy this year, playing for
Amatori Snaidero Udine.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Brandy Perryman
I'm pretty sure I remember him, White Shooter Guy. I hadn't heard anything about him in a while, so I decided to search for him. Sure enough, I was right, "White Shooter Guy" is EXACTLY right. In fact so right on, here is his website, www.bperrymanshootingcamp.com. Now if that's not impressive, I don't know what is. Anyways, you can obviously see what he is up to these days.

Martinez Guy
Gimel Martinel is the guy you were looking for. Watching Gimel at Kentucky, you would automatically think, man if that guy can play D1 Basketball, I know I can. However, he did have some skills. He could shoot it, a must to be a Pitino Wildcat, and he would do whatever it took to win. He was around for the "Laettner Game" and was there a few years later for the "LSU Miracle Game" (Kentucky was down like 25+ in the 2nd Half, and came back to win). He has played overseas and some time in the US Minor Leagues. Can't seem to find an update on him for today though.

man u know your stuff how about chuck moore out of vanderbilt starting pg can you give me the scoop on him thanks man...he graduated last year and also martin inglesby of notre dame
People fear what they cant understand ...and hate what they cant conquer its just the theory of man....

Ledell Eckles, LaBradford Smith, Tim Breux, Michael Pepolowski.
[color=663399][/color]

Here you go.

Jumanji

Chuck Moore
Chuck finished up pretty strong at Vandy after transferring from Seton Hall. I followed him a little bit last year because I was on the lookout for 2nd and 3rd tier College Seniors last season for my last job. I haven't found an update on Chuck for this season. I vaguely think I may have seen him his name within the last 2 weeks as someone in Italy or Germany. However I'm not positive on that one. If he isn't overseas, the NBDL or other Minor League might be a possibility.

Ledell Eckles
I saw Ledell playing in the Summer Pro League a few years ago. He was HUGE. I wouldn't have recognized him for anything, but it was him. I had him sign a card for me, just to make sure it was him. He spent a number of years in the League with Washington. He also spent time with the Pacers and Heat. Ledell has played in the IBL, Israel, and throughout Europe as well. His last stint appears to be in Israel during 2000.

LaBradford Smith
LaBradford had a nice career at Louisville. He was Drafted by the then, Bullets. Labradford spent a few NBA Seasons with them and the Kings.. He moved on to play throughout the world. He spent time in the CBA, and a number of years in Poland. Last update on him was he was back in Poland for 1999-2000. I did however find out some band called LaBradford named themselves after the former Cardinal Standout. How nice.

Tim Breaux
I really liked Tim when he was with Rockets. I saw him play a couple of years with NBA Teams in the Summer Pro League and have always followed his name. He was a member of the 1998 USA Basketball Team when the NBA Players sat out due to the lockout. He has played in the CBA, Spain, Turkey, Italy, and Germany over the last 6 years. I'm not sure where Tim is currently playing today.

Michael Peplowski&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Like a good number of the players asked about, I saw him play a few years in the Summer Pro League. My Dad always liked him, I think he just seemed to always remember his name. He would always ask me whatever happened to him.
Mike was a big guy coming out of Michigan State in the early 1990's. He spent some time with Sacramento. His biggest news item when he was with the Kings was when he discovered Bobby Hurley face down in a ditch after a car accident. If he hadn't have seen Bobby's truck off the road, he would have died that night. Mike was a nice story, starting games for the Kings that year as a 2nd Round Pick, but saving Bobby's life was the biggest thing he ever did.

After the Kings, he spent time with among others, Washington and Milwaukee. He also spent time in the CBA and France. I didn't find an update on him playing anywhere today. However, I did find an article that said Mike was participating in a Lansing, Michigan Hollywood Squares type fundraiser in April 2002.

Pax Whitehead (Vandy/Cornell, All-SEC pick)? I know he played in one of the "other" leagues like the USBL or something. He's ldub's bro, I htink?

thanks and also martin inglesby
People fear what they cant understand ...and hate what they cant conquer its just the theory of man....

i got a couple for you, i'll be impressed if u get these(and if theyre still playing...)
Rafal Bigus
Howard Brown
and heres an easy 1: John Celestand
"If basketball was a religion, the WNBA would be a sin."

Thanks Jumanji. Wow, that shows that not all things are definite.

How bout Scott Brooks,Carl Herrera,Pig Miller, Charles Jones, Priest Lauderdale
[color=663399][/color]

Jumanji you are amazing. I'm a Ball State Alum so a lot of mine were midwest guys that I didn't know if you would have heard of. I have a few more for you that came to mind after posting last night.

Demitri Hill (Florida) Da Meat Hook!
Billy McCaffery (Duke/Vanderbilt)
Marty Clark (Duke)
Pat Sullivan (UNC)
Duany Duany (Wisconsin)
Ladrell Whitehead (Wyoming/Ohio)
Serge Zwikker (UNC)
Sergio McClain (Illinois)

And the Brain Buster of them all:

Steve Smith (Ball State/St. Francis) Nick-named the Candy Man, was a high school teammate of Bonzi who also had a BIG TIME Hi Top Fade. He took the heat for a porn scandal involving the basketball team at BSU and was dismissed from the team. Turned up at St. Francis which is I believe a D3 or NAIA school in Indiana. Was a participant in the Slam Dunk contest during Final Four Week his senior year and I believe he finished 2nd.

I bow to you if you have any info on him!!

Penny, I just saw Pig Miller tonight with the Warriors.

Here are the newest replies:

I just saw two more posts on more guys, I'll get at them sometime today.

Whoever just asked about Tyus Edney, his whereabouts have been asked about earlier in this post. My reply is somewhere in the post. I'll copy and paste it in my next reply for you.

Jumanji

Pax Whitehead
Pax put up some nice numbers when he was at Vandy. He has been playing professionally since 1997. He played in France from 1997-2001. In 2000, he received his French Passport, which allowed him to play there and not count as an American on a teams roster. His first two years (97-98 & 98-99) he played for Golbey-Epinal in the France Pro B Leagu. Both years he averaged 20 Ppg and 6 Reb. He was last in France during 2000-01 with Besancon, but he was released. He then moved onto play the Spring of 2001 in Italy.

Rafal Bigus
Your name gave away Rafal's College (same as Brown and Celestand). I knew those guys info and whereabouts right away, but I had to check on Bigus. Rafal has spent the last years playing between Poland and the USBL. He went to Croatia for 2002-03, but was waived by KK Zadar within a month. He is now back in Poland playing for Komfort Krono Plus Stargard Szczecinski. Say that 3 times quickly.

Howard Brown
Another Nova player, Brown was a great outside shooter. I saw him play with the Warrios at the Summer Pro League and he showed me he can shoot it regardless of the level. That was in 1999. He was in Nets Camp prior to the 1999-00 Season. After being waived, he spent time in the CBA, IBL, and USBL. Summer 2000 he was back with the Nets, this time at Shaw. From 2000-02 he spent time playing in Spain, Italy, Portugual, and Venezuela. For 2002-03, Howard is back in Spain with Leon Caja.

John Celestand
I always thought Celestand was a dead ringer lookalike for Rapper Canibus. Anyways, John was signed by the Nets about a week ago. He is still in Camp with them. I don't think he will stick because they aren't planning on keeping players stashed on the IL this year. The Luxury Tax is reducing the number of players teams will keep. It used to be a guarantee that teams would stash 2-3 guys on the IL, not anymore. John has some skills and is a very quick, defensive minded PG. He spent 1999-00 with the Lakers, and picked up a Championship Ring. He spent time in Knicks camp in 2000, the Bulls Summer 2001, and this past Summer with the Mavericks. In between, John seems to have traveled the globe. He spent parts of 2000 and 2001 in the IBL, Poland, Slovenia, Germany, Italy, and France. I'll be interested to see where he lands when/if the Nets waive him.

Martin Inglesby
I can't believe you asked about Inglesby. I Coach HS Basketball in So. Cal and one of my players knows Martin. He always brings up his name. We take a lot of trips in the Summers and the kids come up with NBA Players and I have to guess the College they went to. In 6+ Years, nobody has ever stumped me on anyone who has spent time in the NBA. However, the 1st time I was asked about Martin I was clueless. However, since I state that the player has to have been in the NBA at somepoint, I have yet to be stumped.

As for Martin's whereabouts after ND, he played at the Portsmith Draft Camp in 2001 and toured with a team in the Fall of 2001. I'm not sure where he is today. I'll ask my Point Guard on Monday if he has an update.

Scott Brooks
The guys you just about are all pretty easy for me to write about. Scott was the Head Coach for the ABA's Southern California Surf last year. They lost in the League's Championship. The league has ceased operations for the next year, so I don't know where Brooks currently is Coaching. I remember Dan Patrick referring to him as "Gritty, Gutty" Scott Brooks on Sportscenter. I find myself saying that about players today. He was undrafted out of UC-Irvine, but he had a nice career in the NBA. I'm sure he will continue Coaching somewhere, and will probably be an NBA Assistant within a few more years.

Carl Herrera
I was just reading about Carl the other day. He had some good years throughout his
NBA Career with the Rockets and Spurs. He was last around with the Grizzlies for a short part of 1999. Since then, Carl has been back in his native South America, mainly playing in his home Venezuela. He was with the Venezuelan National Team in the recent World Championships.

Pig Miller
I always like Pig. With a name like that, how you could not like him. He has spent parts of the last 9 years in and out of the NBA. He has been with the Lakers, Hawks, Warriors, Cavs, Rockets, Mavericks, and 76ers. His last stint had been with the Hawks (again) for a few games in 2000-01. He is currently in Camp with the Golden State Warriors (again). I think he has an outside shot of sticking around. The Warriors Head Coach Eric Mussleman knows Pig really well because they were both with Hawks for a while. Pig is a veteran now is understands his role. If he is the 12th man or stuck on IR he is player who will not complain and will come to work everday. That's the guy who teams will keep as their last man.

He has also played in the CBA, Italy, Greece, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and China. In 2002 he signed in Venezuela, to play for Marinos de Oriente.

Charles Jones
Charles was a big time Scorer at LIU. He played a couple of seasons in the NBA with the Bulls and Clippers. He has become a Rucker Park Tournament regular and a New York legend of sorts. He has spent time playing professionally in Italy and Greece. Last year (01-02) he was back in Greece with Ionikos N.F. Thessaloniki.

Priest Lauderdale
Just saw Priest's name yesterday playing in Bulgaria. Priest is probably the biggest guy I have ever seen. 7'3 and a whole bunch of pounds. I last saw him at the Summer Pro League in 2001 playing for Portland. He had a Guaranteed 3-Year Contract after being Drafted in the 1st Round by the Hawks in 1996. I'll never forget him coming up to the stage from the audience to shake David Stern's hand. He was invited to the Draft by the NBA to sit in the Green Room, but he came and sat in the audience. Pretty funny scene. Despite his Guaranteed $, Priest was gone in 1998 after a year with the Nuggets.

He then spent time in the CBA, Spain, Venezuela, and China. In 2001-02 he played in Cyprus. He planned on playing in the Philippinnes in June of 2002, but was not allowed but could not be registered due to league height limits. That is pretty funny. It's like Men's League Rules. Sorry, your'e too damm big, you can't play in our league. For 2002-03, as I said earlier Priest is in Bulgaria with Akademik Sophia. He is doing really well, in fact he had 35 yesterday.

The reason why i asked was i played at an invitational tourney with him and also middle school .. thanks

Back
Top Bottom