Where to get my CAR PAINTED in the Bay Area?

let me post

Banned
Wassup guys, I've asked this question before, but I forgot to save what ya'll said.
smh.gif
@ me...

Anywho, I own a 1972 Chevelle, and I need to get it painted soon. The new motor and transmission will be put in this month, and then it'll be time forpaint. I'm going for a candy cranberry color. Anyone know a good spot to do it? Money isn't too much of an issue, I'm willing to pay 5-6k. I'm not taking my car to a spot that'll charge 1k and the paint job is crappy and it'll fade in a month.

Anyway, this is the color i'll be getting for my car:

I absolutely love this color, and the Irocs go perfectly. (My Chevelle has Irocs.)

Here's my 72:

maxium auto body in sf on valencia st. they specialize in old schools. they did my nash about 3 years ago and its still looks like i just got it out. u canstop by the shop and see hella old schools they are working on or finished. just to let u know they aint cheap, but i kno u want quality. hella people fromfrisco's finest have gotten their cars painted there.

^Oooooooooh yeah, I completely forgot about that place. My boy got his car painted there. Last time i was there they had a Charger they were working on, and itlooked real clean.

And yeah, I want a quality job, I've dropped a lot of money into my car already, so I want my car done right.

^^^ Your gonna be payin more like $10K-$15k if you want it done RIGHT by a place that isn't gonna half #%% it... Matareials alone for good quality paintand clear and sandpaper and all that stuff will be roughly $2500-$3500, . I know this cause we just painted my dads 55 Chevy... That's not including anybody panels or anything else that needs to be replaced or fixed for rust. Chevelles are notorious for rusting in the bottom corners of the back windows as wellas at the bottom of the front fenders as well as in the quarters right behind the doors. You're car could look clean now but it really should be taken tobare metal to make sure it's done right and there will be no issues with the newer materials with stronger solvents over the old stuff... You don'twant the bondo or paint to get hairline cracks down the road.

Also if i were you I would take the car to the paint shop BEFORE you put the motor and trans in and for sure before you did the interior!!!! All thesanding, wet sanding, painting, primer $hit gets EVERYWHERE... Plus then they can paint the fire wall and clean it up for you at the same time... You shouldtake the car to the paint shop as bare as you can and put it together afterwards... I guess it depends on how clean and nice you want your car, I'm justsuper anal about putting my cars together really clean...
glasses.gif

^Yeah, I was thinking about doing it first. I'm mos def saving the interior for last, but I might just get the paint done now. We'll see. I know a REALGOOD paint job is VERY EXPENSIVE, and I don't need that. I'm a 21 yr old college student, I just want my Chevelle. I'll have plenty of time to havea 100% PERFECT Chevelle after college when I'm making real money
laugh.gif

My transmission is gone, which is why I was going to get the engine now, since I'm getting a new ****** anyway.

I guess I could just get it towed to a spot and have it painted. We'll see.

I was also thinking about black rally stripes, since the interior will be black, but I dunno yet.

PS: Anyone want a crate 350 motor wit 20k miles on it?

yeah i was just about to post what metal said, do it before the new engine goes in. Get all the holes in the engine bay filled up too!

And ill ask my buddy about the 350.

^Word, I guess I'll just it painted now then. I have a garage full of parts that need to be installed, and I'll have them put on after it gets painted.

I got a 12 bolt, Baer brakes, Irocs, Magnaflows, SS Dash, etc etc etc waiting to be installed.

And yeah, I wanna get rid of the 350, cuz I'll be getting a 383 in a few months. Hopefully before the summer rolls around.

I'll be hitting up Maximum Auto Body tomorrow to see wassup wit them.

^i dont think there open 2m, but if they are ask for jason. kai will also take care of you. if u go on monday u might see my car there cause i $@+#%* up mybumber and hood and im droping it off mon. they also have another nash in the back right now. jason did the paint job 7 years ago and it looks like it just gotout of the booth.

they close around 6, if yur comming from the east bay and gonna be late jus call them and let them know yur comming and im sure they will wait for you. btw,yur 72 is gonna look hella clean with that color!

^Nah, I'm coming from Daly City, so I def won't be late or anything.

And thanks, I absolutely love that color. First time I seen it, it was on a Nova on Ebay. Fell in love with the color right away. I can't wait to see myChevelle done and ready for the summer.
laugh.gif

^Yep, I know haha, they're just sitting in their boxes in my garage, along with 6-7k worth of other parts for the car
laugh.gif

I'd definately get the paint done before you put anything in the car. I'd also take the front and back windows out to check for rust in the channelscause it's real common on those cars, better to address it now while it's at the shop. Also then they can paint the top of the dash and front of it aswell so the inside will be done.

Yeah, I'll def be getting the car gutted before they paint it. The car has a few dents, so obviously I'm going to make the dudes fix them, in order forthe '72 to have a straight body. I can't wait for this thing to be done
laugh.gif

I'm going to bringing my Chevelle to a spot in Vallejo to have the dash board installed. My friend is good friends with the owner of a shop so I'll begetting hooked up. As for the rest of the interior, I'll be taking it to my coworkers cousins spot. He did her '90 Iroc-Z's interior and it looksgreat.

I'll most likely be taking the car to be painted within the next 2 weeks, and of course, I'll post pics.

I'm pretty sure on that car parts of the top of the dash as well as the front of the dash are painted metal and should be taken care of at the body shop.Also with the body it really should be sanded down to bare metal to make sure if there is any other body work on it it's done right as well as any rustissues can be fixed. Make sure you take a bunch of pics of the car before you take it in and see if you can go to the shop every now and then to take pics ofit in process... you'll love yourself for that later... =) Good luck with it man...

So I went to Maximum Auto Body today, and got an estimate. It'll be around 9-10k, which I'm not too worried about. He was saying he wants to paint theengine bay 1st, then I can drop the new motor and ****** in, then he'll finish it. However, he's not taking any cars until late March. It's allgood though, it'll give me time to save up.

And I saw two GNs there...

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Well I'm excited, March-April will be a busy month for me. I'll be getting new paint, a new engine, and new transmission within that time, thenprobably in May/June I'll be able to have all the other crap I have installed.

Make sure you take a bunch of pics of the car before you take it in and see if you can go to the shop every now and then to take pics of it in process... you'll love yourself for that later... =) Good luck with it man...
Great idea, I'll def be doing that.

Back
Top Bottom