Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

I was in 7th grade in my math class. I was one of the first kids to get taken out of class and I thought I was in trouble. My mom explained what happened to mewhen we got in the car and I couldn't make sense what she said until I watched the news when we got home.

sophomore yr. high school biology class. now I am trying to collect post 9/11 GI bill benefits to pay for housing/books/supplies.

Senior year science class the news hit. Couldn't believe what I was watching on the T.V.. Then watching my crazy science teacher calling everyone on thephone trying to close all her stocks. R.I.P. To all those lost in this tragedy.

5th Grade in Arlington, VA. Pentagon was about 5 miles down the road. Some kids said they heard the impact of the plane but I thought it was BS.

At my friends house before going to school. His mom used to take us and i was waiting for him to get ready. I was watching the news and all that stuff came on.

I was in 6th grade, I was in reading class I think and somebody came into the classroom to tell my teacher what had happened, then she started crying a littlebit and looked extremely worried but nobody told any of us students what happened, then the next day after we were all talking about what had happened she saidthat her daughter worked right next to the pentagon, i was like
eek.gif
and that's why she was crying so much and acting so worried. a lot of kidswere going home early that day too because parents were scared, CRAZY f'n day

6th grade...
Science class...
My teacher came in crying that her brother was in NYC....
Didn't pay much attention to it until i got home...
smh.gif
tired.gif

First day of HS, on my way to school on the 7 train, I could see the smoke clouding the skies.
tired.gif

It was the second day of 4th grade...smh at me wanting them to attack LA so I could miss school
tired.gif

I remember I was in the subway when I heard it come over the police-woman's radio I was standing next to. My firsty thought was it may have been a smallplane that got lost in the sauce

senior yr high school sitting in gym class. my boy runs in tells me everything thats poppin. i proceed to listen live on radio in class as towers fall,broadcaster was crying and in shock. it was intense.

finally left school around 6 (wouldnt let us leave for a while, school on 65th st west side) i could smell it outside and the city was just off. very strangeday.

my dad was on BQE (if you know the view) and witnessed the second plane hit and the towers fall. one of my friends dad was in the building, 3rd floor, and gotout safely. theres my 9/11 story.

I was still in school. I remember like 5-6 teachers standing, crowded around a radio listening to a news broadcast.

I had no idea what was going on until I got home and turned on the TV though.

i was about 14
woke up turned on the tv
something about a terrorist attack
didnt even know what the wtc was.
it wasnt till i got to school that i realized how serious it was
watching the tv in gym class.

i was in 7th grade in the middle row backseat in english class when the loudspeaker came on and told us what had happened

It was second period Social Studies, Mr. Daas' class. Saw the second plane live.
smh.gif
....I remember thinking how the heck two planes lose control?

Sitting in my 7th grade GT Humanities class. Every morning, we'd watch Channel One, an educational channel made for young adults.

That morning, the show was interrupted by 9/11 coverage. At that age, I didn't realize the significance of what had happened.

I was more concerned with them canceling football practice. I remember being annoyed that all the TV stations were covering it.
smh.gif

I was at my wife, then girlfriend, home chillin. I was layed off at the time and got a call for a job that very same day.

Back
Top Bottom