Which rappers didn't live up to their hype? Vol. Rap game Thabeet

Papoose is the first name that comes to mind by default :smh:

Who would've thought this ****** biggest mainstream accomplishment would be on that Touch it remix :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Saigon :smh: - Record labels ****** this dude over, this is when I really started seeing how much control these labels have on the music

Rich Boy :smh:

Charles Hamilton :smh: lame *** *****, he was talented tho

Beanie Sigel - The B. Coming is a classic (come at me lames) he could've been bigger tho if he would've stayed off the yard :smh:

Who y'all got?

Jae Hood, Juelz Santana, JR Writer, Hell Rell, Jay Electronica

That Rich Boy album was dope too I don't understand what happened

Last edited:
Canibus
mean.gif

I thought Trey Songz was going to reach Usher levels.

Lloyd Banks should have been bigger than he was.

Lupe Fiasco.

The Dream kinda fell off.

Young Chris?

and Rich Boy. 
mean.gif

I thought that team of Polow x Rich Boy would be a force....

Last edited:

Lloyd Banks should have been bigger than he was.

Lupe Fiasco.

The Dream kinda fell off.
Came in here to say this. He was definitely on his way to superstardom

Lyrically profound enough to cater to hip hop fans and had some main stream success 

But he started getting weird on some f the industry type steeze and not the fugazzi Ye kind either

WHen i hears airplanes and nothing on your were originally his at just had to 
mean.gif

you gotta take of the backpack sometimes Lupe

even so he one of the best lyricist ive ever heard and was supposed to be what kendrick is to us now

agree with OP about Beans.  He just couldn't stay out of jail.

G-Unit's best work was before 50 got mainstream and got his record deal.  

Cassidy was a disappointment.
mean.gif

Mike Jones Who?
mean.gif

I could go on and on...... 

Papoose by far. It's starting to look like Jay Elec is next.

Beans can't be in this category. The Truth was solid and The Reason and The B. Coming were great + other verses during the Roc's reigne.

Last edited:

As far as popularity and overall song quality he is at Usher levels. Well unrtil Chapter V happened anyway, that was pretty bad IMO, but he's the current generation Usher. The only thing he doesn't have is the international appeal. If I picked anyone in R&B that didn't live up to the hype it would be Bobby Valentino.

Juelz, Papoose and Bleek are the biggest draft busts rap has ever seen. B.o.B. is about to make a major decline soon too, he's looking like the next Flo Rida unless he somehow convinces me otherwise with a strong mixtape showing.

Jay Electronica? Lupe Fiasco? Yall trippin, lupe been putting out heat since 06' just cause he's not having the same longevity and stardom of ye or jay doesn't mean he didn't live up to his hype.

and jay elec hasn't even dropped his album. watch how your minds flip when you hear it.

Jay Electronica? Lupe Fiasco? Yall trippin, lupe been putting out heat since 06' just cause he's not having the same longevity and stardom of ye or jay doesn't mean he didn't live up to his hype.

and jay elec hasn't even dropped his album. watch how your minds flip when you hear it.

And when is that homie? :lol:

In that case, mostly everyone on Young Money then. Pretty much everyone 'cept Nicki Minaj, Tyga and Drake peaked on Dedication 3.

Back
Top Bottom