Who can say N...the "N" word? vol. all you closet racist NTers contribute to the convo

In CA?  It is believed that many of the early agricultural migrants were from indigenous communities in central MX who considered themselves "Meshikas" when they got up there, and thus the locals called them "Chicanos".

The term got popular tho nation wide during the Chicano Movement as a way of embracing Native heritage. 

I might of been? :lol:  

The whole Aztec/Meshika confusion is from a German archaeologist who didn't understand Nahuatl.  https://www.thoughtco.com/aztecs-or-mexica-proper-name-171573

This article explains it pretty well but to break it down in simplest terms we were once "Aztlaneca or Azteca" but the empire people associate with the word "Aztec" was actually the Meshika or Mexica empire. 

Don't be :lol: , the US education system does a terrible job on educating the public on Native history.  

I just started going back to school this semester and I had a Spanish teacher who just graduated and had to take a couple of courses on Latin American history for her degree, and she never heard of that term before I brought it up either. 

Good [emoji]128169[/emoji]!

I first Chicano at cal state la...that's why I was saying it was a hipster term cause most of them who used it where on that I just want to label myself kick.

I had to stop wearing tank tops cause of my ink and I'm thinking of just getting the whole arm lasered but it's funny that I have this stuff on my arm and never knew the true history of it.

to the person who said they call them selves mestizo.

wrong term. 

if you were half white (euro), and half ameri-indian (native to any of the americas)

you are in fact mestizo. 

you are "pardo" if you have those two plus african ancestors. 

latino, hispanic, spanish 

are broad terms, usually used to describe anyone the spaniard conquered at some point in time. 

did we all miss the trans-atlantic slave trade? 

how most slaves that were bought from africa were dispersed? 

the majority were brought to the Caribbeans and central/south america first.... 

(this is for the stupid people, mexicans puerto ricans dominicans jamaics st croix st marteen cubans etc etc etc are all partly black)

this is why i laugh when i see any mexicans, dominicans, ricans, and blacks get into it with one another. 

ya all share a common ancestor. 

there was a white wash that happend in the caribbeans as well, white was a status symbol. 

it was also the only option that was in the census for a very long time (might still be the only option)

so if you were tan, or dark skinned you would still only be able to choose the white option. 

which is pretty fked up, they also tried to wash out the taino (native american) ancestory saying almost none of them survived after the spaniards arrvied 

yet the dna was found in most of the modern people living on the islands. 

jamaicans and ricans share the same ancestors, they only diffrence they got colonized by the brits while we got hit with the spaniards. 

they also had a white washing by the census... can you belive that? jamaicans having to put theyre white? 

now when it comes to the N word, that word was given its negetive power during the north american slavery. 

which should be common knowledge, how did it get to where it is today is beyond me it seems the civil rights movement wasnt too far back 

i personally (caribbean who was raised in the tri state area) used it often, i do not look white aside from being light skined. 

i never in my life had a black man tell me not to use it , i lessened the use of it after my knowledge expanded. 

it just didnt hold water in my eyes any longer  the tail of negetive **** that came behind that word was off putting...

so who should use the term? no one. er or ga its all bad. 

call each other kings instead. 

to the person who said they call them selves mestizo.
wrong term. 

if you were half white (euro), and half ameri-indian (native to any of the americas)
you are in fact mestizo. 

you are "pardo" if you have those two plus african ancestors. 

latino, hispanic, spanish 
are broad terms, usually used to describe anyone the spaniard conquered at some point in time. 

did we all miss the trans-atlantic slave trade? 
how most slaves that were bought from africa were dispersed? 
the majority were brought to the Caribbeans and central/south america first.... 
(this is for the stupid people, mexicans puerto ricans dominicans jamaics st croix st marteen cubans etc etc etc are all partly black)

this is why i laugh when i see any mexicans, dominicans, ricans, and blacks get into it with one another. 
ya all share a common ancestor. 

there was a white wash that happend in the caribbeans as well, white was a status symbol. 
it was also the only option that was in the census for a very long time (might still be the only option)
so if you were tan, or dark skinned you would still only be able to choose the white option. 
which is pretty fked up, they also tried to wash out the taino (native american) ancestory saying almost none of them survived after the spaniards arrvied 
yet the dna was found in most of the modern people living on the islands. 

jamaicans and ricans share the same ancestors, they only diffrence they got colonized by the brits while we got hit with the spaniards. 
they also had a white washing by the census... can you belive that? jamaicans having to put theyre white? 

now when it comes to the N word, that word was given its negetive power during the north american slavery. 
which should be common knowledge, how did it get to where it is today is beyond me it seems the civil rights movement wasnt too far back 
i personally (caribbean who was raised in the tri state area) used it often, i do not look white aside from being light skined. 
i never in my life had a black man tell me not to use it , i lessened the use of it after my knowledge expanded. 
it just didnt hold water in my eyes any longer  the tail of negetive **** that came behind that word was off putting...

so who should use the term? no one. er or ga its all bad. 
call each other kings instead. 

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Love this post. So much knowledge dropped.

"jamaicans and ricans share the same ancestors, they only diffrence they got colonized by the brits while we got hit with the spaniards. "

Actually Jamaica was colonized by the Spaniards before the British.

"Pardo" is really only used in Brazil.  Everywhere else Tri-Racials are included under the term "Mestizo" which essentially just means mixed race now because terms like castizo, cholo, coyote, cochino, etc. are no longer in use. 

Hugo Chavez who was Tri-Racial considered himself a Mestizo. 

But yes in Brazil people like me and Chavez would be Pardo. 

Last edited:
"jamaicans and ricans share the same ancestors, they only diffrence they got colonized by the brits while we got hit with the spaniards. "

thanks for the correction on that. 

"Pardo" is really only used in Brazil.  Everywhere else Tri-Racials are included under the term "Mestizo" which essentially just means mixed race now because terms like castizo, cholo, coyote, cochino, etc. are no longer in use. 

in modern days i guess mestizo would be the term to use so no argument there 
nthat.gif

its crazy how some people will actually argue the fact that some one like chavez is "white" 

interesting/current reading:

slavery was abolished in PR in 1873 

vs 1865 in the states

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime where of the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States"

thanks for the correction on that. 

in modern days i guess mestizo would be the term to use so no argument there 
nthat.gif

its crazy how some people will actually argue the fact that some one like chavez is "white"  

interesting/current reading:

slavery was abolished in PR in 1873 

vs 1865 in the states

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime where of the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States"
Which goes back to the thing how race and class in Latin America are closely associated.  In many places people can transcend race simply by their economic and/or social class. 

Only poor and ignorant people can be Indio and/or Negro 
mean.gif

When you understand this it makes sense why Latinos in this country ignore and or deny their non-white heritage. 

Last edited:
Neither black nor hispanic but some good knowledge being dropped. Repped yall

tongans get called it all day. Use to say it but it's history makes it wrong. I got some blk homies that know lea faka tonga :smokin

Lot of knowledge in here. Im part puerto rican and dont know **** about that culture cuz i wasnt raised around any of that. (pops was rican and dipped early)

Should barrio azteca gang change to barrio mestizo? :lol:

Last edited:
what y'all expect... certain vultures wanna live the modern black culture and ignore how we got here

its cool to them to "be black" --- until its time to BE BLACK

Damn where did some of yall go to school? Colonialism was taught at an early age. Latinos are not white, its a mixture of asiatic(native americans) and Spaniard. Closer you get to the west indies you start to see darker spanish because of slave trade. Work with two cuban women that if you didnt hear them talk you would think they were african american.

Should barrio azteca gang change to barrio mestizo? :lol:

I know it´s a joke but mestizo isn´t only used in Mexico. The word refers to people of european and native amerindian ancestry and those people can be found all over latin america. The Azetcs were one of multiple ethnics groups in Mexico so it would make more sense.

Btw Latin America was a term coined by the French to include their french overseas territories when discussing Spanish or Portuguese territories in the americas.

Back
Top Bottom