WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

I have a rash on my right forearm. RIP :smh:

It's probably an allergic reaction but unsettling nonetheless.

My daughter had a few mosquito bites on the back of her leg all in the same area. NGL, monkeypox crossed my mind for a quick second.

MP and COVID start out the same with flu like symptoms to my understanding. The lesions develop after a person is feeling sick? Are there asymptomatic cases of MP?

MP and COVID start out the same with flu like symptoms to my understanding. The lesions develop after a person is feeling sick? Are there asymptomatic cases of MP?
Sounds like the clinical presentation can vary from person to person, with some individuals being asymptomatic or very mildly symptomatic. Some get lesions all over their body and some have only a single lesion, or lesions only at the site of contact.

Blue Water Vaccines Announces Exploration of Its Virus-Like Particle (VLP) Platform for Use in Monkeypox Vaccine Candidate

1660743690430.png

1660753435370.png

Last edited:
Pretty good Monkeypox discussion on today's In The Bubble podcast with the individuals leading the federal gov't response. Still alot of unanswered questions...

MUST READ: How Effective are MPX Vaccines?

Her articles are all well written and easy to understand. Highly recommended.

Bottom line​

We really need real-world effectiveness studies on MPX vaccines. This will be coming. In the meantime, we have to make difficult policy decisions based on limited data. (Sound familiar?) But we cannot repeat our COVID-19 mistakes and provide a false sense of security with vaccines. Communication around scientific uncertainty and how it’s being used to make decisions needs to be at the forefront so we can build trust and effectively dampen the outbreak across the globe.

So did Osh get banned from this thread or NT in general?

Last time he posted was in this thread. I'd like to imagine that he's still able to post but drove out to the depths of the Canadian wilderness and dug a hole to sit in for a while until he gathers himself. Word to Fragile Frankie Merman.

This debate, however, is far from settled.

Dr. Rosamund Lewis, technical lead for monkeypox at the World Health Organization, told NBC News it was “unfortunate but true” that “we don’t know yet” whether the virus is predominantly transmitted through intercourse.

So how do you explain the rise in cases in children? Guys out here booty warrioring kids?

Let's be clear, it's a theory that's far from proven. I think they're mostly going by the fact that the trajectory of this outbreak is VERY different from what's been seen and understood from the experience in African countries where MPX is endemic. The lesions are mostly appearing in areas where there has been sexual contact. That, along with the fact that the virus is detectable and able to be cultured from semen, is what they're pointing to as evidence. Of course, there are other more traditional routes of transmission that can infect anyone, including those outside of MSM. We WILL see more individuals (and animals) outside that group who get infected, but the rapid unexpected spread of virus is what's causing experts to try and figure out why this is so different from what they've seen in the past.

So did Osh get banned from this thread or NT in general?

Last time he posted was in this thread. I'd like to imagine that he's still able to post but drove out to the depths of the Canadian wilderness and dug a hole to sit in for a while until he gathers himself. Word to Fragile Frankie Merman.
The thread probably

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom