WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

Wrong thread?

just because you think you can just take off your little red hat and move on, don’t mean nothing to me

you spent years of your life supporting and defending known horrific people

donald trump been a blatant racist for over 50 years.. going assume that’s your whole life

1660234246801.gif

Last edited:
just because you think you can just take off your little red hat and move on, don’t mean nothing to me

you spent years of your life supporting and defending known horrific people

donald trump been a blatant racist for over 50 years.. going assume that’s your whole life

1660234246801.gif

What does any of this nonsense have to do with Monkeypox?

all i hear about are staffing shortages

whats the best word of advice for monkeypox? stay home?

Word of advice for who? You? For now, I'd just be careful who you're having direct skin to skin contact with and practice good hand hygiene, in general. AFAIK, the risk of catching it on your hands from touching surfaces or shaking hands with someone who is infected is unknown, so have sanitizer on deck at all times. Wearing a respirator mask is obviously a good idea, for more reasons than just MPX.

What does any of this nonsense have to do with Monkeypox?

I’m glad you finally admit what you did/do is nonsense

That is at least a step in the right direction

And considering the stupidity of the cult of trump, their actions unfortunately will impact others with monkey pox just as it has done and continues to do with Covid

I just thought about how I need a haircut soon. Make the damn vaccine widely available already.

Barbers here sterilize the equipment before the next customer since before the pandemic and have been using disposable capes since last year. Make sure he/she wears a new set of gloves before starting on your cut as well.

I was thinking about getting a haircut today. Now I'm not sure it's a good idea. Been mostly cutting my own hair since covid but I wanted it professionally done for date night with my wife.

We need to temper our expectations about the effectiveness of prior (or future) smallpox vaccination against monkeypox. In this study published in the NEJM, 9% of those infected reported prior smallpox vaccination. Since it hasn't been regularly administered in this country since the 70's, that likely indicates they were older individuals who had gotten vaccinated quite some time ago. The current vaccines that are in short supply have never been tested against monkeypox, so it may not be the silver bullet that will end this public health emergency. shibadekobe shibadekobe any indication that Big Pharma is hard at work developing new MPX specific vaccines? Moderna, where u at?!

We need to temper our expectations about the effectiveness of prior (or future) smallpox vaccination against monkeypox. In this study published in the NEJM, 9% of those infected reported prior smallpox vaccination. Since it hasn't been regularly administered in this country since the 70's, that likely indicates they were older individuals who had gotten vaccinated quite some time ago. The current vaccines that are in short supply have never been tested against monkeypox, so it may not be the silver bullet that will end this public health emergency. shibadekobe shibadekobe any indication that Big Pharma is hard at work developing new MPX specific vaccines? Moderna, where u at?!
Millions of vaxx either ordered or on its way from EU and maybe India. US is also cutting up current MPox vaxx like yayo. We should be ok. Bigs( ex Moderna) aren't working on MPox...don't think #'s add up for them (for now).

*just for show...dragging feet...excuses laid out.

Back
Top Bottom