who feels bay rap

i live in northern cali and i listen to bay rap and none of that mainstream b.s who here feels me on the underrated talent thats going on in the bay and tellme wat rappers u feel that are from the bay if u listen to bay area rap

Not the place bruh.. but I'll ride.

Aint nothing like Mobb Music. One of my favorite styles of rap. Ima junkie, all that !*%$ from the 90's gets me bobbin my head like no other. Love thestuff from this decade too, Mob Figaz have been doing their thing for a cool minute, I'd say I'm a known enthusiast on this board at the least.
laugh.gif
Livewire doin it too.

Problem is you have a lot of ignorant ++!%!@ on this site and amongst raps fans in general. A lot of people are quick to show hate but in reality, haven'theard any of the real !*%$ from here.

It always cracks me up when a NTer is an avid hater of bay music but we'll throw out there that they love some mediocre %%* bay song and claim it's theonly thing worth listening too.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

yea ive been listenin to alot of livewire they drop new stuff like evry 2 weeks and the jacka has been blowin up in thee bay too

CertifiedFlyBoi23 wrote:
Only recent bay area song I like is...

this song really isnt recent thers been alot more stuff released since then u shuld check rapbay.com for all the new stuff out in the bay
��

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

It always cracks me up when a NTer is an avid hater of bay music but we'll throw out there that they love some mediocre %%* bay song and claim it's the only thing worth listening too.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

ohhh....you tryna fire shots huh?
laugh.gif
Damn it's funny because yea I was actually specifically talking about you (It was you who posted that Richie Rich the other day right?)

That song isn't mediocre but if you like that song yet can't find anything appealing about mobb music then you either haven't been exposed oryou're just close minded.
ohwell.gif

Purp, I respect your taste in music always, but I am sorry I just have never really heard anything from the bay worth listening too. All the +$@* I heard hasbeen
sick.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Purp, I respect your taste in music always, but I am sorry I just have never really heard anything from the bay worth listening too. All the +$@* I heard has been
sick.gif

well u must have listend to the wrong music cuz i dont seem how people can listen to lil waynes moans and graons but not bay rap?

If you don't mind me asking, what have you listened?
San Quinn, The Team, Clyde Carson (I actually $%%* with the team and Clyde), Keak, E-40, Mob Figgaz, The Jacka, Too Short, Messy Marv, Mac Dre,Spice 1(I like Spice) Ya Boy, Mistah FAB

I mean the underground stuff is great, Hieroglyphics, Del, Souls of Mischief. But in terms of mainstream rap, I think is is
sick.gif

the bay rappers i listen too is andre nickatina, b-legit, bavgate, beeda weeda, big rich, c-bo, celly cell, d-lo, old e-40, guce, huslah, j. diggs, j stalin,the jacka, keak da sneak, lee majors, laroo, mac dre, messy marv, mistah fab, philthy rich, psd, rydah j klyde, san quinn, shady nate, spice 1, taj he spitz,yukmouth

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If you don't mind me asking, what have you listened?
San Quinn, The Team, Clyde Carson (I actually $%%* with the team and Clyde), Keak, E-40, Mob Figgaz, The Jacka, Too Short, Messy Marv, Mac Dre, Spice 1(I like Spice) Ya Boy, Mistah FAB

I mean the underground stuff is great, Hieroglyphics, Del, Souls of Mischief. But in terms of mainstream rap, I think is is
sick.gif
I see.. Mainstream rap out the bay has been terrible this past decade (for the most part), because well it is terrible.
laugh.gif
The hyphy movementdidn't help either, MTV and radio stations pushing the worst of what the region has to offer.
smh.gif

Explosive Mode era Quinn and Mess is not to be +$*### with (I'm saying it's good). The last half decade though they've both been very hit and missimo. Ima big Messy fan though I still rock with some of his new stuff.

I can see how Keak, FAB, Short, and like would be unappealing, I don't really mess with any of them but again, definitely not some of the bay's bestthe last decade.

If you don't feel the OG Mac Dre $##! (early and mid 90's), Explosive Mode, the Mob, etc then we just have variances in our taste. You haven'tlistened to A LOT of the bay's best music though, which is what I was getting at in my original post.

Anybody who's interested should peep M16's west coast request thread a few pages back. Full of classic music.

Another thing is there's a ton of bay music to listen to, it's kinda of funny how so much music has been pumped out such a small geographic area, allfrom a handful of the same cities.

If you've listened to the classics, Young Black Brotha, Deep East Oakland, Horns & Halos, Tryin To Get A Buck, 187 He Wrote, Till My Casket Drops (sacbut it's gotta be mentioned), Operation Stackola, Illegal Business, Forever Hustlin, Dope Guns Religion, The Jack Artist, The Negro League, Ruthless ByLaw, 41Fivin, etc. And you claim you can't $**$ with bay rap than I've got no beef with you just your taste. But you can't %*!@ on a region whenyou're missing its essence.

thats wat i think is special about the bay so much music comes out the bay in the little cities all throught the bay

thats wat i think is special about the bay so much music comes out the bay in the little cities all throught the bay

I'm from the Bay but I don't mess with too much Bay music. I'm a big fan of Spice 1 and Mac Mall tho. Andre Nickatina and Hieroglyphics are kootoo. It's just sad that the hyphy movement is what we are known for
smh.gif
because there are much better rappers out here.

Back
Top Bottom