Who gets Asian Flush when they drink?

both my parents get red after 2 drinks. my brother looks sauced after half a beer. proud to say i have no symptoms of "asian glow."

fyi, the redness comes from a build up of acetaldehyde, a metabolite of alcohol. this build up occurs in asians because they're prone to have a deficiency of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase, an enzyme that breaks down acetaldehyde further. zantac/pepcid ac works because it inhibits alcohol dehydrogenase from breaking down down alcohol to acetaldehyde. this means you wont get the "asian glow" because you dont have that acetaldehyde build up. but it also means you'll have alcohol in your system longer.

catch 22. sometimes.

both my parents get red after 2 drinks. my brother looks sauced after half a beer. proud to say i have no symptoms of "asian glow."

fyi, the redness comes from a build up of acetaldehyde, a metabolite of alcohol. this build up occurs in asians because they're prone to have a deficiency of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase, an enzyme that breaks down acetaldehyde further. zantac/pepcid ac works because it inhibits alcohol dehydrogenase from breaking down down alcohol to acetaldehyde. this means you wont get the "asian glow" because you dont have that acetaldehyde build up. but it also means you'll have alcohol in your system longer.

catch 22. sometimes.

Originally Posted by locpy

Just keep drinking and it'll go away... at least that's what I do.
haha so true, thats when you know im already drunk,once im not red anymore..

but it does get annoying, cant drink at public places FTL.. got strangers coming up to me after one drink " woww you're so red, are you drunk already?"

but it does get annoying, cant drink at public places FTL.. got strangers coming up to me after one drink " woww you're so red, are you drunk already?"

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

same..it goes away after a while but it'd be nice to not get red in the first place
laugh.gif

zantac doesn't seem to work that well for me anymore so it's time to give pepcid ac a try again.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

same..it goes away after a while but it'd be nice to not get red in the first place
laugh.gif

zantac doesn't seem to work that well for me anymore so it's time to give pepcid ac a try again.

Asians are missing something that helps break down the alcohol thus turning red.

Asians are missing something that helps break down the alcohol thus turning red.

Here. Never tried anything to stop it though, but thinking about trying the zantac or pepcid ac now.

Here. Never tried anything to stop it though, but thinking about trying the zantac or pepcid ac now.

My brothers get it too..
laugh.gif
. Luckily I don't, but my girl accounts it for me being really dark. Unless I'm pounding enormous amounts of hennessy, you won't notice me getting red at all.

My brothers get it too..
laugh.gif
. Luckily I don't, but my girl accounts it for me being really dark. Unless I'm pounding enormous amounts of hennessy, you won't notice me getting red at all.

Most of my friends do, but I never have. I think Koreans are immune to Asian glow. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Most of my friends do, but I never have. I think Koreans are immune to Asian glow. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom