Who gets Asian Flush when they drink?

I do. I actually gave up on drinking because of it. I would get so red after 1 beer I was maroon, and my heart would beat super fast. Just thought I was allergic to alcohol, lol. Ima have to give some pepcid ac a try now, thanks guys!
laugh.gif

I do. I actually gave up on drinking because of it. I would get so red after 1 beer I was maroon, and my heart would beat super fast. Just thought I was allergic to alcohol, lol. Ima have to give some pepcid ac a try now, thanks guys!
laugh.gif

I see it as an allergic reaction to alcohol. I get that fast heart rate, itchy feeling on the face and neck, and my head starts spinning. That's why I don't drink at all.

I see it as an allergic reaction to alcohol. I get that fast heart rate, itchy feeling on the face and neck, and my head starts spinning. That's why I don't drink at all.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Most of my friends do, but I never have. I think Koreans are immune to Asian glow. Not sure if that's a good thing.
Y'all are immune to alcohol period
laugh.gif
. One of my fraternity brothers is Korean, this guy wakes up and drinks, no lie. This fool threatened to knife fight me multiple times during his drunken state. He eventually had to get intervention because of that issue (drinking too damn much), and got put on meds. He still drank though, and I didn't do anything to stop him
30t6p3b.gif
at me.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Most of my friends do, but I never have. I think Koreans are immune to Asian glow. Not sure if that's a good thing.
Y'all are immune to alcohol period
laugh.gif
. One of my fraternity brothers is Korean, this guy wakes up and drinks, no lie. This fool threatened to knife fight me multiple times during his drunken state. He eventually had to get intervention because of that issue (drinking too damn much), and got put on meds. He still drank though, and I didn't do anything to stop him
30t6p3b.gif
at me.

We should have a contest. Who can turn the most red after taking couple shots. I might win...sadly...

We should have a contest. Who can turn the most red after taking couple shots. I might win...sadly...

I get red after 1 BUD freaking LIGHT.

I thought i was the only one who gets the headaches and fast heart rate.

This is the main reason i hate drinking and want to quit, unfortunately, Peer Pressure a MuthaF!@#$..

I get red after 1 BUD freaking LIGHT.

I thought i was the only one who gets the headaches and fast heart rate.

This is the main reason i hate drinking and want to quit, unfortunately, Peer Pressure a MuthaF!@#$..

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

pic of this
laugh.gif

whys it happen?

I don't have any pics of my Asian flush lol...@@##'s embarassing

apparently 50% of Asians get it to some degree and it happens because some of us lack an enzyme that breaks down the alcohol
This is true...
but to the OP, in regards to combating this..... When its the winter I tan, and usually getting nice and dark/burnt helps not getting as red
laugh.gif

On the reals tho, I have noticed that if I take a shot or 2 an hour or two before I head out, get red and then let it pass, when I go back out and drink some more I don't get red whatsoever. Downside is that the alcohol goes straight thru me and I need to drink alot to even get buzzed. This seriously is my go-to if I have a good night planned and I don't feel like getting red around folks I don't know.

Most of my friends are used to it and just give me a jab here and there but they are used to it now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

pic of this
laugh.gif

whys it happen?

I don't have any pics of my Asian flush lol...@@##'s embarassing

apparently 50% of Asians get it to some degree and it happens because some of us lack an enzyme that breaks down the alcohol
This is true...
but to the OP, in regards to combating this..... When its the winter I tan, and usually getting nice and dark/burnt helps not getting as red
laugh.gif

On the reals tho, I have noticed that if I take a shot or 2 an hour or two before I head out, get red and then let it pass, when I go back out and drink some more I don't get red whatsoever. Downside is that the alcohol goes straight thru me and I need to drink alot to even get buzzed. This seriously is my go-to if I have a good night planned and I don't feel like getting red around folks I don't know.

Most of my friends are used to it and just give me a jab here and there but they are used to it now
laugh.gif

no i don't.  sometimes i see dudes red as hell.  like $%% did you get into man?
laugh.gif

no i don't.  sometimes i see dudes red as hell.  like $%% did you get into man?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Originally Posted by thapointguy

It happens instantly after one sip so i'd lose.
30t6p3b.gif
This. After one beer, I'm red as #$%^ I hate it.

Takes me a beer and a half until I start to turn red. Its so %$@@*@! annoying.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom