Who in General is still into sneakers but just keeps a small rotation now???

I rotate low-top chucks (like 5 pairs) and Nike SB's like Janoskis, Kostons and P-Rods. Air Maxes have been sold and only Jordan's I still have are the CDP 18's

I've sold alot, I have about 20 that I wear and would never get rid of. Still need a few (BRED Jordan 1s, Royals, and Black/Red 6s) and I'll be good

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I still LIKE sneakers, I still LIKE most releases, I just think theres other things I rather buy/or save than spending on kicks. Unless I reaaally like them, or maybe if im at the mall holding them in my hands and succumb.

Yup. I'm still on here daily and still love sneakers, but I don't buy like I used to. I don't have spending $$ like I used to due to more important priorities like a wife, kids, house, etc. Not to mention trying to find time now to wear all of my kicks.....couldn't imagine if I still had a 100+ pair collection. I'm hovering around 25 pairs right now and even all those don't get worn regularly. Not sure I'll go lower than 25 though lol.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

indifferent.gif
 You're dumb. Slap your moms.

because when you stop buying Jays, you're an adult...
no, you're an idiot too. im sorry, but when you're older, sneakers and jordans should not be your interest like it is when you were younger. Who is gunna be 35 and wants to be FRESH TO DEATH with matching tshirts and a nice fitted? Grow up, you got two feet. Unless your a collector, yea maybe, but who you should have other interests when you grow up.
because collecting shoes also means buying matching tshirts and fitteds...
got it...

name a grown up hobby or interest... 

I have about 200+ still... but 180 are in storage.
 3 pairs of XI's, 2 pair of III's, a pair of Kobe VII's, a pair Vans Zapato Del Barco, and a few odd Nike runners (Roshe, Lunarglide, AM 2012) make up my rotation now.

Me. I still like shoes but I often miss out on a lot of releases because I don't really care anymore. The passion is not as strong as it used to be.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I used to have like 50+ pairs of sneakers but sold most of them but I still like to keep a nice rotation around but it's usually like 5-10 pairs max 
basically if I buy a pair then it usually means one pair gets sold...just can't justify the money on stuff that sits around now that I have a 9-5 

Feel the exact same way... Pairs for certain occasions. There are better things to do with my money nowadays i.e. savings.
tired.gif

i've never had more than 40 pairs at one time...i currently have about 35, and i'm trying to cut it down to between 25-30 pairs that look a bit more "grown-up" than the others.
now that i think about it, my first purchase in about a year, or maybe more, was the Olympic Uptempos two weeks ago. 
laugh.gif

I've gotten rid of most of my sneakers now since I'm usually in dress shoes now as my style has completely changed.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

I've gotten rid of most of my sneakers now since I'm usually in dress shoes now as my style has completely changed.

i only wear sneakers for the gym and grocery store
casual attire or going out im in solid color high end sneakers or shoes

i think nikes/jordans are a waste of money, but to each their own (only thing i wanted was yeezys an i rather spend money on rims, vay cay than 2k for sneakers if i wanted to just blow that real quick)

they release so much now, i rather have a luxury car payment than nikes..........matter fact quarterly updates just came out for july Fico lookin real good im applyin for a new ride today, check me in the post your car thread soon

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i only wear sneakers for the gym and grocery store
casual attire or going out im in solid color high end sneakers or shoes

i think nikes/jordans are a waste of money, but to each their own (only thing i wanted was yeezys an i rather spend money on rims, vay cay than 2k for sneakers if i wanted to just blow that real quick)

they release so much now, i rather have a luxury car payment than nikes..........matter fact quarterly updates just came out for july Fico lookin real good im applyin for a new ride today, check me in the post your car thread soon

Fancy 
laugh.gif

Got about 100 pairs

Only rotate 4-5 
grin.gif

I keep a rotation of about 15 pairs. In my hayday, I had about 35 pairs. Now that I have a regular 9 to 5, I have more important things to spend my money on.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Fancy 
laugh.gif

Got about 100 pairs

Only rotate 4-5 
grin.gif
i have 4-5 pairs of air max i rotate an a pair of copper foams i wore 2-4 times in mint condition i regret buyin for 250 off ebay way back when
seriously i cant believe how much sneakers cost now

lebrons 200+ retail or is that the special ones?

i remember when foams first came out in HS 179.99 was a big deal, an them jordan 17s with the suitcase for 199.99, now these days thats nothin

call me an old man now but i think its a serious waste of money. 

Fancy 
laugh.gif

Got about 100 pairs

Only rotate 4-5 
grin.gif
i have 4-5 pairs of air max i rotate an a pair of copper foams i wore 2-4 times in mint condition i regret buyin for 250 off ebay way back when

i remember when foams first came out in HS 179.99 was a big deal, an them jordan 17s with the suitcase for 199.99, now these days thats nothin

I know this ain't the place to speak/preach negatively on kicks or the hobby its self, but I really hope more and more people start to realize this, especially young cats. 

i wear clarks desert boots beeswax joints to work everyday m-f, so i don't have an opportunity to wear my kicks like i used to. there are some kicks i still wanna cop on the low..but i wouldn't be comfortable spending $ on them esp since they'd hardly get used. im about that desert boot and jcrew life now..

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Fancy 
laugh.gif

Got about 100 pairs

Only rotate 4-5 
grin.gif

I know this ain't the place to speak/preach negatively on kicks or the hobby its self, but I really hope more and more people start to realize this, especially young cats. 

I am in the process of getting to a small rotation, It is frustrating when you undeadstock a pair of shoes and it gets destroyed after one wear.  Here are some of my recent ones:
True Blue 3 first retro - spilt on midsole after one wear

Olympic seven first retro - unglued on toe area after one wear

Lebron two - wore them to hoop in this weekend the bottom fell off

Spacejam first retro - bottom fell off after two wears

Concord first retro - bottom fell off after one wear

Black Silver 5 first retro - midsole crumbled after wearing once for a nite out

Black Cement 3 first retro - the heel tab that says nike air broke off into pieces after several wears.

Air max 360 BB -finally got around to hooping in them and the shoe became completely unglued on both shoes

Air max CB 2001 retro version (Fab Five) - never even wore them they just crumbled in the box

Huarache Trainer - velcro tab just crumbled in the box

So basically I am saying wear your shoes and you don't need to buy every release a small rotation is the best way to go....

I got a bout 15 pairs now. Only wear 4 pairs now. I just put up my black 3s and the Concords.

I only really want OG colors, with all the crap Nike's dropping nowadays, they're making it real easy to walk away right now.

Its funny.  Met a kid (i say kid im 25 he is 22).  And he was like hey did you pick up the Jordan's this weekend.  I'm like eh.....what came out?  Olympic 6s.....i was like oh....no i didn't lol.  3 years ago that would have been the best conversation starter ever.  Would have talked for an hour about kicks.  Now not so much.

I don't even blame it on being old i blame it on prices being insanely high for terrible kicks.  I am on the sell one buy one band wagon.  But other then that I have only bought some clarks dessert boots and roshe runs recently.  I seem to be falling more into the Air Max and Nike Free category these days.  Work out shoes that are under 100 bucks.

I still have about 40 pairs but my rotation is Roshes. Jordan 3s, Infra-red AM 90s.  Thats about it.  With a 9-5 i rarely get to wear sneakers.  Home from work throw on Free Runs go to gym work out get home walk around in socks go to bed repeat.

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

It's funny.

I can recall a thread like 3 years ago where I said the exact same thing and dudes were PISSED.

Came in flaming like "You were never a real sneakerhead.... Blah Blah"..

No +%@!!, I just have a house note and a family to take care of.
laugh.gif

i still buy kicks but its mainly retro nikes like turfs, trainers and id's

jordans very rarely because i have every shoe being retro'd already

i give shoes away to kids from my old hood

i was always in the habit of only buying what i absolutely liked

clothes is what i stopped buying, i only buy winter clothes now, outside of that im in a solid tee and jeans/shorts

this new generation of shoe buying is quickly pushing me further away but there are always shoes releasing that i want especially on nikes end

Back
Top Bottom