Who loves Happy Endings? Cancelled (sad face)

Some news...
FX is particularly interesting because they're going to split into two networks, one for comedy and one for drama.
More news on this? :nerd: Point me to the right thread if there is one.

I thought of FX picking them up if it came to that and I doubt they will when I look at the kind of comedy shows they already have. Happy Endings doesn't really fit their flavor, it'd be a refreshing choice to mix it up though.

It's not really up their alley, but it's certainly a possibility considering they'd want more programming and bringing a show with an audience already is a positive move. It's just an idea. I don't believe FX splitting into two networks is 100%, but it's a strong possibility since they lost the rights to the English Premier League for Fox Soccer and without that the network would struggle. So they can take that existing network and just use it for comedy.

And while this show won't be ruined by "spoilers", let's hold off until the broadcast airs for new episodes.

Last edited:
More news on this?
nerd.gif
Point me to the right thread if there is one.

I thought of FX picking them up if it came to that and I doubt they will when I look at the kind of comedy shows they already have. Happy Endings doesn't really fit their flavor, it'd be a refreshing choice to mix it up though.
why not especially if they pair it with a always sunny or another popular show (although i havent really watched it much) anger management......

More news on this? :nerd: Point me to the right thread if there is one.

why not especially if they pair it with a always sunny or another popular show (although i havent really watched it much) anger management......
Always Sunny In Philly is probably the only thing close to Happy Endings and honestly it's much more raw and dark at times. Anger Management is meh when you account for Willard, Louie, Archer, and a few other new shows they've premiered. To me they at times tend to have shows that are bit more grounded, ironic/sarcastic, and satirical. Happy has always been a bit more like Community to me when it comes to comedies not like regular sit-coms.

I just don't see it fitting but I'd like if they added them on regardless. To me Comedy Central seems a better fit.

Last edited:
Awesome episode, funny as hell! If they do some sort of bit on how the cast will start cursing a little bit more they can totally match this up with FX's current comedy line up. Don't care who how or what, just keep this show going for another 6 seasons!

Max storming out while still shirtless was the best part.

Not enough things can be said about how great Elisha Cuthbert is. She was looking exceptionally fine in the 2nd episode and she was brilliant in the first one.

Brad as the stripper

The engagement prank not really being a prank

"wake up you tiny *****"

Jane seeing the Trojan horse then just trying to running through the security

The Take on Me ending

roll.gif

I don't know what it is about chicks falling, but when Elisha sat on the couch and Jane and the Trojan horse happened...

I lost it. :rofl:

The special effects weren't the best, but I think that made it even better because I was dying when she exploded off the couch. My brother couldn't breathe... I had to pause the show.

Man these two episodes were comedy.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

The stripper scene with Brad and Jane
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Alex being the mastermind behind the prank war.
laugh.gif

"I'm not as dumb as I am."

Brad's job song.

The couch scene.
eek.gif
roll.gif

"My tiny leg."

Alex clowning Dave for getting stood up at the altar.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The trojan horse scene and Jane getting the Clothesline from Hell.
laugh.gif

Penny sonning her junkie ex-boyfriend.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

"These guys are DTF."

"Well you know what they say: it's not a good ganghang until someone takes a major shot to the face."

Man, I hope this show makes it.
ohwell.gif

While all 3 ladies can get it, Penny would really get it. Those eyes, man I beat that top game would be nice with those big blue eyes gazing up at me.

[h1]'Happy Endings' Moves to Fridays as ABC Shuffles Midseason Schedule[/h1]8:00 PM PST 2/13/2013 by Lesley Goldberg

"Celebrity Wife Swap" will take over Tuesdays at 8 p.m., with "The Taste" pushed back to 9 p.m.
happy_endings_ballpit.jpg

ABC is shuffling its midseason schedule, moving Happy Endings to Fridays and doubling down on reality on Tuesday.

The network is ditching comedies on Tuesdays in favor of a two-hour block of unscripted offerings starting Tuesday, Feb. 26 when Celebrity Wife Swap takes over the 8 p.m. hour previously occupied with freshman entry The Taste, which will now move back an hour to 9 p.m.

The Taste takes over the time slot previously held by the recently canceled Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 and struggling cult comedy Happy Endings.

Happy Endings, despite a recent uptick for its recent double dip on Tuesdays, will move to Fridays at 8 p.m. with back-to-back episodes beginning March 29, taking over the time slots previously occupied by Last Man Standing and Malibu Country, which will both have aired their respective season finales.

“We love those two shows. They're incredibly distinctive, and they’re water-cooler shows,” ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee told a roomful of reporters in January at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour about Apt. 23 and Happy Endings. At the time, Lee stopped short of commenting on whether either show will live beyond this season. Apt. 23 was axed shortly after.

For ABC, the double dose of reality comes after the network this season attempted to launch a second night of comedy, transplanting both Happy Endings and Apt. 23 from their previous Wednesday slots. The demise of Apt. 23 and banishment of Happy Endings to Fridays mark the latest woes to come from the crowded Tuesday comedy field. Fox's critical darling Ben and Kate failed to make it to the end of the season, while NBC's fellow freshman entries Go On and The New Normal have both struggled of late without benefit of The Voice as a lead-in.

View media item 267321
Since this is a real network and not NBC, I'm gonna assume that means it's not coming back. :smh:

Disappointing, no doubt.

On the bright side. We can always hold out hope they find another network or move to Netflix since they'd be closer to syndication.

i'm cool with the show moving to friday nights, but Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 was starting to grow on me. damn.

Back
Top Bottom