WHO REMEMBERS EKIN702? What happened to him? Methodman? Dirty? OG NT's ONLY

Does anybody remember when that longtime member Old Man Wearing Nikes all of a sudden scammed a bunch of people at once and disappeared with like 30k or so? And right after it happened somebody made an image of a broken, mostly empty sneaker shelf with OMWND printed on the picture. I don't know why that just popped into my head, but I remember laughing pretty hard at that, and feeling guilty at the same time.

Does anybody remember when that longtime member Old Man Wearing Nikes all of a sudden scammed a bunch of people at once and disappeared with like 30k or so? And right after it happened somebody made an image of a broken, mostly empty sneaker shelf with OMWND printed on the picture. I don't know why that just popped into my head, but I remember laughing pretty hard at that, and feeling guilty at the same time.

Whatever happened to "snugglemcduggle" (Spelled wrong)....my man came through with all the jordan samples...then a week later posted /sale them on ebay...

Whatever happened to "snugglemcduggle" (Spelled wrong)....my man came through with all the jordan samples...then a week later posted /sale them on ebay...

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Man, this thread takes me back. I (old username = galen) signed up here in 2000 and posted a lot from 2000-2004.

I was trying to remember why I eventually got banned, I think it was for getting into it with FR3SH with our back and forth Cal/Tennessee trolling. Too bad they both suck now :/

PS - Can I have my old name back?
wink.gif

LMAOOOO GALEN. i remember you in sports and training. you paypal'd bastitch or dirty money over a bet with fresh or something and he didnt pay. when you got banned hella people were like good riddance. hahaha.

and for you OG's asking about jrose. he got banned for being racist or something.

I remember standing behind bastitch in line for the melo 2's at niketown SF.  i posted about my experience and described the dude in front of me and he hits me with a
nerd.gif

who's the little white chick in the pics up there? the only females i remember from back then were menacestar and bana.

the pic of the white 11's on the stairs is a really distinct picture for me from back in the day for some reason.

What was the SN of the guy who did the kicksology reviews again?  I remember the ultraflight review made me buy the shoes. haha damn were those reviews on point.

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Man, this thread takes me back. I (old username = galen) signed up here in 2000 and posted a lot from 2000-2004.

I was trying to remember why I eventually got banned, I think it was for getting into it with FR3SH with our back and forth Cal/Tennessee trolling. Too bad they both suck now :/

wink.gif

LMAOOOO GALEN. i remember you in sports and training. you paypal'd bastitch or dirty money over a bet with fresh or something and he didnt pay. when you got banned hella people were like good riddance. hahaha.

and for you OG's asking about jrose. he got banned for being racist or something.

I remember standing behind bastitch in line for the melo 2's at niketown SF.  i posted about my experience and described the dude in front of me and he hits me with a
nerd.gif

who's the little white chick in the pics up there? the only females i remember from back then were menacestar and bana.

the pic of the white 11's on the stairs is a really distinct picture for me from back in the day for some reason.

What was the SN of the guy who did the kicksology reviews again?  I remember the ultraflight review made me buy the shoes. haha damn were those reviews on point.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Originally Posted by wanksta23

But seriously though........where is LOVETHEXIV??????
wasn't he a fraud?
laugh.gif
Yea he FRAUDed me for some Stealth XX's.. and was exposed on here by me, but I never got a chance to read the thread.....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
13d26f663e815e5d93244295d01f763ce6b8ac2e_r.jpg

I need to see this thread again.  He got done dirty
roll.gif
roll.gif
 There he is......What I would give to find that thread in the archives somewhere
Another member: Where is AJrocka with the Nas Avy????

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by wanksta23

But seriously though........where is LOVETHEXIV??????
wasn't he a fraud?
laugh.gif
Yea he FRAUDed me for some Stealth XX's.. and was exposed on here by me, but I never got a chance to read the thread.....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
13d26f663e815e5d93244295d01f763ce6b8ac2e_r.jpg

I need to see this thread again.  He got done dirty
roll.gif
roll.gif
 There he is......What I would give to find that thread in the archives somewhere
Another member: Where is AJrocka with the Nas Avy????

Yall remember when Niketalk didnt have a Jordan Forum and because of all the Black/White Jordan XI retro threads popping up, Meth had to create it.....

Ahh the simpler times
pimp.gif

Yall remember when Niketalk didnt have a Jordan Forum and because of all the Black/White Jordan XI retro threads popping up, Meth had to create it.....

Ahh the simpler times
pimp.gif

Collie27 was a great asset to this site. He had a huge and quite unique collection and I remember one Sunday probably in 2001 he posted a fraction of it which left us all speechless. 
If I remember rightly Jersey Joe got a lot of hate when he posted those XVII samples as a lot of people didn't think they were legit. 

Collie27 was a great asset to this site. He had a huge and quite unique collection and I remember one Sunday probably in 2001 he posted a fraction of it which left us all speechless. 
If I remember rightly Jersey Joe got a lot of hate when he posted those XVII samples as a lot of people didn't think they were legit. 

Yall remember when Niketalk didnt have a Jordan Forum and because of all the Black/White Jordan XI retro threads popping up, Meth had to create it.....Ahh the simpler times 

Not quite.  By the time the XIs were approaching release, we'd already separated Nike and Jordan Brand.  There were so many garbage posts about the XIs that we actually wound up creating a temporary "Air Jordan XI" forum just to house them all.  Basically, the intent was the same as setting up a "kids' table" during Thanksgiving etc.  The irony is, that's exactly what the Jordan Forum itself has become in recent years.  

If it keeps them happy and out of your hair, so much the better, right? 
EDIT: I hit up Alex (RetroKid) and Nick (Billy Hoyle) on FB to really get this reunion and thread poppin.

I can all but guarantee that the latter will not be in attendance - and the former knows why.  
lol, I remember the talk.to url 

Hey, it was free.  The funny thing is, people look up the domain name and say, "hey, you weren't founded in 1999 - NikeTalk.com's only been around since 2002!"  

That nobody snatched it up prior to that point just illustrates how different the Internet (and especially this little sector of it) has changed since then.  
Sold my entire sneaker collection and got into vinyl records. I guess I just have an addictive personality.Still check NT every single day though. 

My Nike/Jordan collection effectively ended a couple of years ago when I gave up animal products.  Like you, I still check NT daily - and I'd probably do so even if I weren't responsible for its upkeep. 

What made our approach different, I believe, is that we were always centered around community over commodity.  Sneakers may have been the reason we all came together, but it was about hanging out with like-minded people from around the world more so, even, than about discussing the products that captured our attention at the time.  

Today, thanks to real-time traffic analysis, I can confirm that the General forum is - and by far - our most popular.  

All this demand for banned screen names... we've been going about this fund-raising thing all wrong.  Instead of New Era fitteds I should just lease banned accounts.  

Yall remember when Niketalk didnt have a Jordan Forum and because of all the Black/White Jordan XI retro threads popping up, Meth had to create it.....Ahh the simpler times 

Not quite.  By the time the XIs were approaching release, we'd already separated Nike and Jordan Brand.  There were so many garbage posts about the XIs that we actually wound up creating a temporary "Air Jordan XI" forum just to house them all.  Basically, the intent was the same as setting up a "kids' table" during Thanksgiving etc.  The irony is, that's exactly what the Jordan Forum itself has become in recent years.  

EDIT: I hit up Alex (RetroKid) and Nick (Billy Hoyle) on FB to really get this reunion and thread poppin.

I can all but guarantee that the latter will not be in attendance - and the former knows why.  
lol, I remember the talk.to url 

Hey, it was free.  The funny thing is, people look up the domain name and say, "hey, you weren't founded in 1999 - NikeTalk.com's only been around since 2002!"  

That nobody snatched it up prior to that point just illustrates how different the Internet (and especially this little sector of it) has changed since then.  
Sold my entire sneaker collection and got into vinyl records. I guess I just have an addictive personality.Still check NT every single day though. 

My Nike/Jordan collection effectively ended a couple of years ago when I gave up animal products.  Like you, I still check NT daily - and I'd probably do so even if I weren't responsible for its upkeep. 

What made our approach different, I believe, is that we were always centered around community over commodity.  Sneakers may have been the reason we all came together, but it was about hanging out with like-minded people from around the world more so, even, than about discussing the products that captured our attention at the time.  

Today, thanks to real-time traffic analysis, I can confirm that the General forum is - and by far - our most popular.  

All this demand for banned screen names... we've been going about this fund-raising thing all wrong.  Instead of New Era fitteds I should just lease banned accounts.  

Originally Posted by Method Man

Oh I remember now 
laugh.gif

You're right, The Jordan XI forum back then was EXACTLY what the Jordan Forum is today.....who would've thought 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

Oh I remember now 
laugh.gif

You're right, The Jordan XI forum back then was EXACTLY what the Jordan Forum is today.....who would've thought 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

I remember there being a debate as to if it was a man or a woman. (I think it was a dude........They came in and made some type of thread explaining everything if im not mistaken)

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

I remember there being a debate as to if it was a man or a woman. (I think it was a dude........They came in and made some type of thread explaining everything if im not mistaken)

good times good times..
NewsRadio_Phil_240x260_101220060434.jpg

oddly enough...for as long as I've been here.. I still don't consider myself an "OG"
lots of memories from this place though. 

NTer till the end

good times good times..
NewsRadio_Phil_240x260_101220060434.jpg

oddly enough...for as long as I've been here.. I still don't consider myself an "OG"
lots of memories from this place though. 

NTer till the end

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

eek.gif
 @ EKIN702 and other NT vet posters in here.
I remember lurking NT, 2 3 years before officially signing up to become a member. I wasn't apart of the OG crowd or attended any of the summits but the sneaker info and General Forum's onslaught of humor is what got me interested and latched onto NT.

hell yea...  this thread took me back
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom