Who was bigger when they were in the very prime of there career?

At the time he was closely affiliated with Eminem and Dr. Dre.

Wayne had an indie documentary....50 had a blockbuster biopic.

G-Unit apparel vs Trukfit

Wayne has the longevity but at their respective peaks 50 was greater. He had the biggest splash of any Hip-Hop artist in history.

/thread

Last edited:
if we are simply discussing who had the most power/respect/juice at the prime of their repsective carrers, not who raps better, makes more money or is cooler/popular. 50 w/o a doubt is the winner. the young money movement will never be as influential as g-unit in their heyday. 50 has had more hit songs, meaning he has reached, influenced and profited from more people than wayne. the clothing deals, the jewlery, dress code i could go on. hell he had oprah talkin bout 'go shorty it ya birfday' for christ sakes. he also started/took the beef trend to levels never seen before.

Last edited:
if we are simply discussing who had the most power/respect/juice at the prime of their repsective carrers, not who raps better, makes more money or is cooler/popular. 50 w/o a doubt is the winner. the young money movement will never be as influential as g-unit in their heyday. 50 has had more hit songs, meaning he has reached, influenced and profited from more people than wayne. the clothing deals, the jewlery, dress code i could go on. hell he had oprah talkin bout 'go shorty it ya birfday' for christ sakes. he also started/took the beef trend to levels never seen before.
Go DJ
Hustler Musik
Fireman
Lollipop
A Milli
Got Money
Mrs. Officer
Stuntin Like My Daddy
Leather So Soft
Gimme That (Remix)
Touch It or Not
Holla At Me Baby
Where Da Cash At?
Make It Rain
You
We Takin Over
Pop Bottles
Duffle Bag Boy
Sweetest Girl Ever
Love In This Club Pt. 2
Cant Believe It
Let It Rock
Swagga Like Us
Turning Me On
Down
Successful

That's just 2005-2008 (Essentially his 'prime' of his prime)

At the time he was closely affiliated with Eminem and Dr. Dre.

Wayne had an indie documentary....50 had a blockbuster biopic.

G-Unit apparel vs Trukfit

Wayne has the longevity but at their respective peaks 50 was greater. He had the biggest splash of any Hip-Hop artist in history.

/thread

Why the **** didn't I think of this :lol: ?

Wayne wasn't on top of the game when Tha Carter I released....or Carter II for that matter.

Carter III was his peak as far as buzz, recognition and sitting on top of the game.

Last edited:
Fiddy. I had on some g unit jeans the other day

But i also had on some girbauds the other day and i remember hot boys was on them hardbody back then.

Final answer is wayne. Cuz i hate g unit clothes and i bought them jeans on accident!

I'll say Wayne, especially since the height of popularity came after his 4th solo album

being able to rejuvinate and essentially reinvent himself and top previous successful projects

50 cent was carrying the intrigue of a new artist to most of the mainstream audience, Wayne really didn't have that advantage.

Last edited:
Id say 50. I imagine the older tyou are, the more likely youll pick 50.

The 2 quarters droppin in to "what up gangsta" and my walk home from the bus will not be forgotten. Crazy how he lived up to all that hype with that album

Id say 50. I imagine the older tyou are, the more likely youll pick 50.
The 2 quarters droppin in to "what up gangsta" and my walk home from the bus will not be forgotten. Crazy how he lived up to all that hype with that album
damn man...lol..pretty much sums up the argument for me...

dude actually did live up to the hype, i think that adds to the appeal of the album ...get rich had instant credibility...you dont even have to bring up sales...just impact..

im not denying the carter 3 aint have the ill buzz....amilli was EVERYWHERE for a long time, cant deny what it did for his career....but it aint no in the club!!

much more of a wayne fan than 50 fan...but you cant deny what he did to the game...took over with one album...

I change my vote...50 had In Da Club. /thread
I'm a 90s baby but I've always been heavy on music...my mom bought me All Eyez on Me on cassette and I was hooked. I say that to say I remember the hype, I remember how shocking the skit before Many Men was at my age. :lol:
I remember having my mom print out the lyrics for me.
I remember being at the after school program listening to the CD on my Sony CD player
I remember the magazines.
I remember the PAC comparisons for goodness sakes!
I remember....I remember.

Last edited:

I hate to play the age card but if you wasn't at least 13 in 02 you really don't understand the stranglehold 50 had on the game. With Jay, Nas and Eminem in their prime this dude came in and pushed everybody out of the way for a good 3 years.

Wayne definitely wins as far as longevity he has had a great run in the last 7 years being either the top guy or top 5 as far as buzz or popularity. His fans eat up the garbage he's been putting out the last 2 years so I don't see him fallen off completely the way 50 has.

50 Cent career peak is Get rich or die trying. if you go by the exact start of his career, you know the "how to rob days".
Wayne peak was Carter 2 if you go by his career from the start. Im going strictly on music here. Wayne's best songs came out before that carter 3
album came out, all the leaked ones, but on file his best body of work is carter 2, that against get rich or die trying isnt even close.

50 Cent easily

My vote is for 50.

Dude was EVERYWHERE in 02-03. Literally took the rap game by storm on a level that's yet to be repeated. and pretty much ended a multi-platinum artist career.

Besides that.. GRODT >>> Anything Wayne has or ever will put out.

FTR I was 12 in 02.

When was 50 bigger as a POP culture icon than Lil Wayne has been/is the past few years?

The question posed was who was BIGGER not who had better music.

When was 50 bigger as a POP culture icon than Lil Wayne has been/is the past few years?

when 50 was at the top nobody was bigger, not jay, not em, not nas, 50 was at the top of the pyramid. if you want to use the past few years as lil waynes "biggest" i would say kanye has been "bigger" than wayne during that period.

Pop culture does include the music though.

-2 Diamond albums

-Terrible clothing line that sold because of him

-Blockbuster movie

-He made the hood buy vitamin water

-His face was everywhere without the aid of social media.

-He had all the love with a fraction of the hate. He over saturated the market without being regarded as annoying by as many people as Wayne did

No one will have 50 Cent type buzz ever again. Wayne is doing all of this stuff as well but hes doing it at an 8, 50 really did this at an 11.

Last edited:
50 sampled his own song to make a song 
roll.gif

50 Cent no doubt
i can honestly say he was the last real street dude to do what he has done in music with GRODT

Wayne in his peak gave us music that nobody cares about or will care about in 10 yrs

GRODT > anything Wayne

If you were born in the 90s, I expect you to say Wayne because you were too young when 50 was the head honcho

To this day I believe that Jay-Z 'retired' because of 50's strong hold of the industry from 03-05

50 is my fav rapper, I love that dude

Last edited:
Fiddy. I had on some g unit jeans the other day
But i also had on some girbauds the other day and i remember hot boys was on them hardbody back then.
Final answer is wayne. Cuz i hate g unit clothes and i bought them jeans on accident!
time for you to go shopping

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom