Who was bigger when they were in the very prime of there career?

Im the one who brought up the age thing,,,kinda funny cause Wayne been around longer lol

Why do folkks forget old Wayne? Does he perform his 500 degrees adn prior songs??

wayne... 50 peaked with his debut... it actually was decent... wayne can put out 80 minutes of fart sounds right now and it would be plat in a week

Gotta go with 50. Son had dudes rockin those ugly *** man tank tops. GROTD is a timeless album. Anything Wayne puts or has put out is good for a spell and then fizzles. If you was to play In Da Club and Lollipop today in the club, people would get more hype off In Da Club.

Fif had the whole country yellin G-G-G-G-Unit. The blockbuster movie, the book From Pieces To Night, and don't forget there was rappers out there that was mmad at and XXL for puttin 50 Cent on company on too many covers. His moniker at one point was Curtis "Interscope" Jackson. He got other rappers albums put on hold. Wayne never and will never have that kinda clout.

No one was bigger than 50 Cent in his prime NO ONE. Its appalling that this gets brought up from time to time. The guy was unstoppable and took people who had no business being hot along with him for the ride. If you want to factor in longevity then it goes to Wayne but when it comes to their prime periods, then 50 has no equal.

50, hands down. GRODT solidified his legacy and In Da Club sprung him to the mainstream. Wayne might be more musically relevent right now but 50's impact was felt all over the world. it's too bad 50 never cared for the music and put out constant albums he would of been at the top of rap if he did.

Hmm.  That's a tough one.  50 pretty much ended Ja's career (although Ja did it to himself too).  1 classic album.  Put out successful efforts by Banks, Buck, even Yayo.  A solid group album.  Had his own clothing line that lasted a good while.  The mixtapes that he put out with Whoo Kid and Green Lantern.

Wayne has a similar path but I find myself not listening to an entire album from Wayne, Nicki Minaj or his group effort.

The thing that's tricky is 50 did it in a short span and shot himself in the foot by putting out garbage music.

Wayne has stretched out his career and has two cash cows that will bring in more than Banks, Buck or Yayo will.

One thing that could tip it into Wayne's favor is that 50 came in when Eminem and Aftermath were unstoppable and rode that wave.  Wayne has pretty much done it himself.

not to mention, 50 completely revamped the mixtape game...completely...

it's tough to balance business and artistry, which is why i think 50 fell so hard...dude was making POWER MOVES on his own beyond what Interscope/Aftermath was setting up for him...Wayne doesn't have half the business acumen as 50...his has Baby and Slim making moves for him and taking his money...50 was/is truly a boss along the ranks on Diddy and Jay...Wayne is childs play...

its funny about 25% of the post arent about the actually music from these artist in there primes.

50...he was so big that it was bad for his career. I don't think some of you remember 03-04. It was like the rap Michael Jackson.

Wayne was cool, he had his time but no

you younger guys don't understand how big 50 was.  we was in HS and one of my hypebeast friends said "He's like Biggie and Pac combined" and son really was believing every word he said. 

When 50 hit it was like a something I've never seen before and this was pre-twitter, facebook, youtube too. 

Man them G-Unit mixtapes and then GRODT was like Mike Tyson or Obama type energy
laugh.gif
  It wasn't just good music but it was aggressive.  He was killing ja.  He was building a brand.  He had the "shot 9 times" mythology behind him.  50 had everybody from the prisons to the suburbs rocking with him

Wayne by a decent margin.

It's really not even fair to compare though because what 50 did with the mixtapes paved the way for the precise method Wayne used to take **** over.

you younger guys don't understand how big 50 was.  we was in HS and one of my hypebeast friends said "He's like Biggie and Pac combined" and son really was believing every word he said. 

You act like there weren't legions of idiots three years later saying Wayne was the best rapper OF ALL TIME... and putting it on their deceased grandmothers.

and why even bring age into it? It's really the same time period. Some of yall really need to stop using corny rhetoric to distance yourselves from anyone with an opposing viewpoint.

Last edited:
50!

movement was insane

wayne was huge but man.. 50 was something else when he was on top

I don't even see how it's debatable.  I was in 9th grade when 50 had his run...and I've never seen anything like it.

Wayne wins for longevity, but he will NEVER have the game locked up as much as 50 did when he first dropped

I travelled a lot through Europe during 50's prime ('03-'05) and believe me, the guy was regarded as a god overseas.

getting that big WITHOUT all the social media we have these days would be impossible for Wayne word

I don't even see how it's debatable.  I was in 9th grade when 50 had his run...and I've never seen anything like it.

Wayne wins for longevity, but he will NEVER have the game locked up as much as 50 did when he first dropped

I was in the same grade in NYC at that and while i say the buzz was giant lets not act like Carter 3 Wayne and that mixtape work he put in the year prior to that wasn't just as big.

Point blank period those albums dropped there was NOWHERE you couldn't go without hearing them. The only difference is that "In the club" was a more monumental song than " A Milli"

50 defiantly.

Although both sides have good arguments.

I can remember me and my friends having this same conversation when both dudes were poppin a little while back

Last edited:
i don't care for either of these dudes. i'd say wayne was more popular. like someone stated before, these kids were swearing up and down wayne was one of the GOATS. look at all these kids with lip piercings and face tattoos now. he helped make it cool to be a fake Blood

50 you can't compare wayne to a boss. Wayne gave us nicki and drake who are basically his alter ego's say the same ish. I'll take Banks, Buck and game over any YM member.

50, for basically all the same reasons stated already. I was in 7th grade at his height and he had white kids dyinggggg to be black like him, huge jerseys, wife beaters and all. And wayne just made kids want to get piercings.

Back
Top Bottom