Who was bigger when they were in the very prime of there career?

Wayne by a decent margin.
It's really not even fair to compare though because what 50 did with the mixtapes paved the way for the precise method Wayne used to take **** over.

You act like there weren't legions of idiots three years later saying Wayne was the best rapper OF ALL TIME... and putting it on their deceased grandmothers.
and why even bring age into it? It's really the same time period. Some of yall really need to stop using corny rhetoric to distance yourselves from anyone with an opposing viewpoint.

whoa chill out man. The difference between 50 and Lil Wayne is when 50 was on top everybody had legit respect for him and his music and his whole movement. Yes teenieboppers love lil wayne and said he was the best but 50 had a movement unseen before.

Also nobody wanted to be like Lil Wayne they just were zombies for his music. Lil Wayne was too busy swag jackin Pharell and Dipset. He didn't even have his own style.

50 had them silly wifebeaters poppin :smh: Even Jay threw jabs at 50 because he felt hes was worthy. Hov wouldn't even address Wayne on record.

There's so many reasons to why 50's movement was bigger

50 also put his team on like no other big artist has. Ross is trying to do what 50 did ironically. Banks sold, Buck sold, Game sold, Yayo even dropped a album and had singles :lol: And all those albums were quality

50 had a movie about his life.....c'mon man. AND that soundtrack was amazing too.

50 did reebok commercials with Hov and sold sneakers. G-unit clothing wasn't amazing but it was out there.

Lil Wayne didn't have anything going for him besides stupid fans and some hot mixtapes. Carter III was big but it wasn't good. The moves Lil Wayne is making now are things 50 did almost 10 years ago.

Some of ya'll are too removed from 2002-2005.
this.

50 RULED before things like datpiff and livemixtapes existed, you actually had to BUY mixtapes too.

you can even make a case that lloyd banks had a bigger prime then lil wayne with his mixtape run on to his first album.

Gotta go with 50. Son had dudes rockin those ugl ugly *** man tank topy *** man tank tops. GROTD is a timeless album. Anything Wayne puts or has put out is good for a spell and then fizzles. If you was to play In Da Club and Lollipop today in the club, people would get more hype off In Da Club.
Fif had the whole country yellin G-G-G-G-Unit. The blockbuster movie, the book From Pieces To Night, and don't forget there was rappers out there that was mmad at and XXL for puttin 50 Cent on company on too many covers. His moniker at one point was Curtis "Interscope" Jackson. He got other rappers albums put on hold. Wayne never and will never have that kinda clout.

Brassiere tops :x :smh:

Last edited:
here's what I think that you're trying to get at:

50's prime was the ruler of hip hop between 03-05. no one could touch him. G-Unit records, clothing line, Reebok deal, the beginning of Vitamin Water, etc. This was the 50 we liked.

Wayne's prime was during Carter I and II, the Wayne we liked.

Wayne's bigger than he's ever been. Has his own clothing line, still sells a million records first week and runs YMCMB. He's technically untouchable commercially. Unfortunately this is the Wayne we all hate. Yet I think he's bigger now than 50 ever was.

If I had to choose, it'd probably be Wayne.

EDIT

one thing I forgot to mention, "rap/hip hop" is wayyy more accepted now that it was 5 years ago. if rap had as much love from the mainstream media back in 2005, maybe 50 would be even richer :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
50 was bigger. When GRODT dropped, it was the biggest album since Life After Death. In the Club reminded me of when Mo Money Mo Problems dropped. It was like GAME OVER. It was everywhere and you couldn't go anywhere without hearing it. Wayne never had nothing like that.

Wayne has the longevity in his career though but the topic isn't about that.

People are forgetting Wayne's mixtape run.. dude was literally giving out free music for over 3-4 years, and you literally couldn't go anywhere without hearing his music.

One point Id like to make is during both of there primes or era on top 50's music was being played in prisons, the hood, the club, and the suburbs. His music has been places Lil Wayne's can't.

I think 50 was the last huge mega star rapper that rapped about "that life". Megastar hood rappers are like action stars from the movies. They are almost extinct. Theres no more Stallones or Arnolds. And there's no more DMXs, JayZ, Big, 50 cents

I'll be clear, I'm not exactly sure who was bigger but yall really have forgotten about 05-08. Just cause you like Many Men more than Mrs. Officer doesn't mean it was widely played more.

Where was 50 music played that Wayne's wasnt?

I think with 50 we seen the largest crossover ever in terms of street music to mainstream America. There hasn't been a rapper that was street certified and rapped about that life on 50's level ever. He's actually what alot dudes pretended to be. So even though guys like Lil Wayne made "street" music they weren't really respected by other artist or even fans. Dudes in the street and especially in prison really connected to 50 on a level Lil Wayne never did or will. We all know dudes that are stuck in that old school rap era. BUT during 50's time on top he was also in the homes of White America and big overseas. Got dudes in South African rapping wanksta word for word with no Rosetta Stone :lol:

On a grand scale 50 was everywhere. The women liked him, the streets respected him, white america loved him, and his peers respected him. Dude had all bases covered.

Lil wayne.. I wish I could say 50 but its not.

wayne was hot when I was a junior in high school in '05-'06. and he's still big now.

DAAMNNN HOMIE, IN HIGH SCHOOL YOU WAZ DA MAAAN HOMIE, DA **** HAPPENED TO YOU?

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

anyone who says wayne is trippin.

50 wins in every category...

even wayne's strongest lane in mixtapes AINT ******g wit mixtape 50

g-unit radio series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lil wayne's mixtape discography

side note can we discuss when and how wayne (and baby) turned "blood"? lol i know they industry puppets and what not but cmon son that **** is comedy. as has been discussed countless times no one believes any street **** wayne may spit. signed with cash money since what 12 years old, and just randomly became a blood a few years ago? lulz

dudes dont respect wayne in prime or not if you aint got respect you aint got **** imo. his highest buzz / prime was carter 3... yeah he had hits and was everywhere but dude is the biggest fraud if you think about it

off topic but #freeboosie he the rawest realest rapper aint nobody keep it 1 hunnid on tracks like boosie do

Last edited:
Down here in New Zealand and Australia 50 was by FAR more popular than lil wayne ever was.

My parents even knew who 'fiddy cent' was. Everybody knows 'in da club'. EVERYBODY.

So from my part of the world it's 50. And i'd imagine in europe/asia 50 was also more of a household name than lil wayne has ever been.

Where was 50 music played that Wayne's wasnt?

I think with 50 we seen the largest crossover ever in terms of street music to mainstream America. There hasn't been a rapper that was street certified and rapped about that life on 50's level ever. He's actually what alot dudes pretended to be. So even though guys like Lil Wayne made "street" music they weren't really respected by other artist or even fans. Dudes in the street and especially in prison really connected to 50 on a level Lil Wayne never did or will. We all know dudes that are stuck in that old school rap era. BUT during 50's time on top he was also in the homes of White America and big overseas. Got dudes in South African rapping wanksta word for word with no Rosetta Stone :lol:

On a grand scale 50 was everywhere. The women liked him, the streets respected him, white america loved him, and his peers respected him. Dude had all bases covered.

All of this.

Wayne was on fire 05-09 but he still wasn't on the level that 50 was on 02-05. That's not a knock on him that's just what it is.

So technically we're comparing 03 50 and 08 Wayne? I gotta go with 50 dude had people thinking he was the second coming of pac :lol:

has Lil Wayne ever went Diamond on any of his albums? you don't see alot of rappers do that in their first major debut, 50 is internationally known.

Did this _ just did this? Lloyd banks had a bigger prime than Wayne? Really? This coming from the guy who thinks dipset is the Beetles.
money in da bank series >>>>>>>>>*

lil wayne wasn't even buzzing harder then JR writer of all people b.

i love da way people wanna re-write history.

Back
Top Bottom