Who will sell more Wale or J.Cole? and was Big sean debut a fail?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

my last is not a summer smash
laugh.gif

that !%%$ dont get THAT much radio play...

and most of cole's fans are gonna download his album... i guarantee it...

My Last is a summer hit that will sizzle on to the fall.

It gets TOO much radio play, check the BDS.

True about J. Cole, most of his fans will download the album. Which means he doesn't have real/dedicated fans. Real fans will go out and purchase your music. It's a reflection of you as an artist. Hell, I even paid for DOMs new one. People support great music at the end of the day.

my last is not a summer smash
laugh.gif

that !%%$ dont get THAT much radio play...

and most of cole's fans are gonna download his album... i guarantee it...

My Last is a summer hit that will sizzle on to the fall.

It gets TOO much radio play, check the BDS.

True about J. Cole, most of his fans will download the album. Which means he doesn't have real/dedicated fans. Real fans will go out and purchase your music. It's a reflection of you as an artist. Hell, I even paid for DOMs new one. People support great music at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Big Sean album wasnt a fail but I feel like he would have done better if he actually had a following like  J. Cole or Wale maybe....instead he just had a bigger record than either of them have been album to make, which truth be told was only successful cuz Chris Brown was on the record....
With Wale and J. Cole...if you look at each as they approach their debuts you can see J. Cole is far more popular than Wale was when he was approaching his Attention Deficit release, and thats with one maybe "hit" song with "Hit it in the Morning" which is now ancient.

With that being said I think Cole will out sell Wale because Wale has yet to do anything note worthy to have new fans buy into him again... up to this point.

will either of them top Big Sean 87K tho? Depends on how the Trey Songs x J. Cole record sounds IMO... Cole can push 50-70k tops off his fanbase and thats being real modest, so if he has a hit with Trey he may get there.... Wale i cant really call I mean its a sophomore release but i dont see new fans gravitating to him with or without a hit song
Um...no.
Putting CB on it helps (and actually, putting any artist on with musical talent or using a hot beat often drives hip-hop records. Rappers don't go on the radio without these things in place. Which casual music listeners out there you know like to listen to rappers a cappella
laugh.gif
), but it isn't a given that CB on your track = hit.

Big Sean album wasnt a fail but I feel like he would have done better if he actually had a following like  J. Cole or Wale maybe....instead he just had a bigger record than either of them have been album to make, which truth be told was only successful cuz Chris Brown was on the record....
With Wale and J. Cole...if you look at each as they approach their debuts you can see J. Cole is far more popular than Wale was when he was approaching his Attention Deficit release, and thats with one maybe "hit" song with "Hit it in the Morning" which is now ancient.

With that being said I think Cole will out sell Wale because Wale has yet to do anything note worthy to have new fans buy into him again... up to this point.

will either of them top Big Sean 87K tho? Depends on how the Trey Songs x J. Cole record sounds IMO... Cole can push 50-70k tops off his fanbase and thats being real modest, so if he has a hit with Trey he may get there.... Wale i cant really call I mean its a sophomore release but i dont see new fans gravitating to him with or without a hit song
Um...no.
Putting CB on it helps (and actually, putting any artist on with musical talent or using a hot beat often drives hip-hop records. Rappers don't go on the radio without these things in place. Which casual music listeners out there you know like to listen to rappers a cappella
laugh.gif

Wale had Lady GaGa on his first single though...dnt try to discredit Big Sean saying CB the only reason it was the #1 rap single....a hit is a hit

Wale had Lady GaGa on his first single though...dnt try to discredit Big Sean saying CB the only reason it was the #1 rap single....a hit is a hit

J cole will sell more... Bigger female following, loyal fanbase, ALOT more cosigns from other artists. (jay, drake, the game, bun b, mobb deep, T.I, Nas, Lloyd banks, joe budden, dr Dre, Trey etc...)... Best believe if drake, jay or Trey tweet "go get j Cole album", some of their fans would go out and cop lol.

Wale had lady gaga on his track and still didn't blow up.

J cole will sell more... Bigger female following, loyal fanbase, ALOT more cosigns from other artists. (jay, drake, the game, bun b, mobb deep, T.I, Nas, Lloyd banks, joe budden, dr Dre, Trey etc...)... Best believe if drake, jay or Trey tweet "go get j Cole album", some of their fans would go out and cop lol.

Wale had lady gaga on his track and still didn't blow up.

why do yall think j cole has such a huge following? _s online know j cole... if u talk to anybody thats not on the internet 24/7 they'll say "who?"

why do yall think j cole has such a huge following? _s online know j cole... if u talk to anybody thats not on the internet 24/7 they'll say "who?"

what did wale debut with? wasnt it something small like 40k? repp'd by rocnation, he had a major single 'chillin' with lady gaga on it too. and he still didnt sell (album was pretty decent too).

what did wale debut with? wasnt it something small like 40k? repp'd by rocnation, he had a major single 'chillin' with lady gaga on it too. and he still didnt sell (album was pretty decent too).

But then again, location plays a key factor in this. Im from California.. and im assuming you're still in Ohio?. Females love him out here. And he def got a following outside the internet out here. When he did a show at Cal State East Bay, damn near everybody knew word for word.

But then again, location plays a key factor in this. Im from California.. and im assuming you're still in Ohio?. Females love him out here. And he def got a following outside the internet out here. When he did a show at Cal State East Bay, damn near everybody knew word for word.

Where you from?  I know all of NY/NJ shows him love.. I see mad random people posting j cole songs/lyrics on FB..
grin.gif

Where you from?  I know all of NY/NJ shows him love.. I see mad random people posting j cole songs/lyrics on FB..
grin.gif

It just don't make sense for people to say Wale or Lil B have some alleged "huge" following and act like J Cole doesn't too. His album (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with his following, it has to do with quality of work. All of his singles have sucked

It just don't make sense for people to say Wale or Lil B have some alleged "huge" following and act like J Cole doesn't too. His album (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with his following, it has to do with quality of work. All of his singles have sucked

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Um...no.
laugh.gif
ok im with you CB on ya track doesnt mean automatic hit... my only point is Big Sean aint the reason the song is poppin just like Big Sean aint even half the reason...nvm
dont try to call out that one statement I mad about "My Last" like its some off the wall isssh 
laugh.gif
... No ID laced the dude CB laced the dude...he did what he did wit it.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Um...no.
laugh.gif
ok im with you CB on ya track doesnt mean automatic hit... my only point is Big Sean aint the reason the song is poppin just like Big Sean aint even half the reason...nvm
dont try to call out that one statement I mad about "My Last" like its some off the wall isssh 
laugh.gif
... No ID laced the dude CB laced the dude...he did what he did wit it.

CB is the reason why bought finally famous."My Last" is the only major radio hit off that album.

Wale had lady gaga on "chillin" but i heard claims that nobody even knew that was lady gaga on the track. and interscope didnt even ship out enough discs. Wale could sell more than Cole because its gonna be a sophomore album... he's like a step higher than jermaine right now.

If J.Cole comes out with a single by himself.. he won't get nowhere. BUT...if he got drake or somebody whos hot right now doing his chorus for the radio hit. He will do 65k at the least on an album.

Back
Top Bottom