Who wins the bread in your relationship/household Vol. Is that a world tour or your girls tour?

Male Utility is a hell of a thing. As men, we feel that if we aren't needed that we are basically useless. That is how we are wired. So if a dude feels less of a man because his woman makes more, I completely understand.

That brand of thinking is reinforced by women who perpetuate the stereotype that men should be primary breadwinners.

Since grade school my woman have always had more cash than me. Not saying they all worked but they all had cake. And never really cared as long as I was'nt a bum.

Male Utility is a hell of a thing. As men, we feel that if we aren't needed that we are basically useless. That is how we are wired. So if a dude feels less of a man because his woman makes more, I completely understand.

Aint that the truth. My wife wants to be a PA, that's $80k+ annually, I'm gon have to bust stupid dope moves for Esteban in order to top that :smh: got me rollin in the feels

I make about twice what my wife makes. She's a little salty, but she uses it as motivation. She just finished her masters in July so hopefully that'll open some more doors for her.

Either way, shouldn't matter who makes more money. What do yall be sayin' on here? "We just tryin' to flourish" lol

My lady has been making more then me but i start a new job monday which i will then be making the most. But we pull our money together anyway so its never been a big deal.

And yes a girls night out is a good thing, they need time with there girls just like i need time with the homies. Just gotta trust her a know that just because some of her friends make bad decisions doesent mean she is going to.

I wish my girl made more than me. Outside of my dad and one of my uncles, I am the top earner on my side family. Its a little stressful at 23. You get used to hearing a lot of "I wish I was rich like you" or "I could use a couple hundred for this rent, HAHA just kidding, unless..." type of comments.

As far as a girls night out, I've been with my girl for about 4.5 years now. I've known her since we were like 6 or 7 (lived in the same apartments before moving.) I know pretty much all of her friends cause we went to the same HS and college. I trust her completely. Sometimes I have to encourage her to leave because she is the definition of a homebody :lol:

Last edited:
No problem at all....it's a beautiful thing!! Feels good when I get home I see she picked something up for me I was just speaking about. Or the fact that bills can be evenly split...BTW she ALMOST doubles me.....girls night out????......know your girl matter of fact I say "go 'head"

I was making 8k a year my ex-gf was making 29k for about a year. I still make 8k but now she makes about 8k as well since she moved back home and started her masters.

She's a quality chick tho. She still let me make relationship decisions, never tried to punk me or trump my choices, never questioned my ability to pay.

At the same time I proved myself a credible guy. I had my finances in order. budgeted so I could spend when i visited so she trusted in my ability to make it work with my limited resources.

In that regards its definitely a two way street.

The woman will let you lead when she trusts your judgement.

As for girls night out I had zero worries. She and all her friends aren't about that heavy partying and it wasnt that often. They all grew up in bougie west indian or african homes so they not really about certain stuff.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter who makes more in the relationship imo. We're on that "my money is your money" mindset 
pimp.gif

My wife is the breadwinner in our household. She has a career making $100k+ and I work a PT gig at night but still bring in about $3k every month. I watch our kids during the day and do SAHD duties. I absolutely have no problem that she makes more since I get to stay home with the kids. I wouldn't trade it for anything to have a chance to watch my kids.

Out of highschool, I was working part time at Nike making minimum wage. Went to work, then school...

Have no idea why y'all clowning!

Wife makes more than I do, but I am comfortable. If she made double what I did I still wouldn't feel a way. If anything a man should be motivated by it rather than sitting there feeling like a sucker. We both work hard and it's a team effort at the end of the day.

I don't care about girls night out. It's healthy for two people in a relationship to have time away from each other and with their friends.

OP - This definitely needs to be split into two different posts.

Last edited:
Bout to start one of those "fund me" sites for the homie making 8k.

So because of his limited income, that means he can't budget and keep his finance in order?

Back
Top Bottom