WHY are Americans SUCH brand whoresz??

Originally Posted by Florshine

Sometimes u get waht u payed for,and sometimes the name of the product wins overall.
and sometimes u pay 140 for 20 year old technology jordans that crack paint within da first 10 wears
grin.gif
smh.gif

i go for quality first...new era is a perfect example..them dudes are on top because of quality..not cuz of any hype.

Originally Posted by rafiki zeeki

i mean u have airforces...then u have shaqforces...let's see.....
laugh.gif
u can tell da difference in quality fairly easily. although 80 for base level forces should never be higher then that.

I feel you on this one OP. I like name brand clothes as much as everybody else, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't wear a cheaper brand. If I seea non name brand shirt or jeans that look nice, I'll buy them. You have a lot of people out there that just go for the hype, so they will buy whatever theysee a famous celebrity wear. There's nothing with buying non name brand clothes as long as it looks good.

you think it's bad in the states. try other countries like korea.
korea is swept by trends and brands all the time. it never rests.

This has nothing to do with America. EVERY organized society on the face of the earth has status symbols. It is something human beings do to win over peers andespecially the opposite sex. In the developed world (USA) we just happen to use clothes, cars, etc for status symbols.

i'm not even gonna lie- i pretty much only wear polo, nike, jordan, lrg, i don't even know why. I just want my stuff to b brand name- payin more makesme feel like it's better( but don't make too much out of that statement) plus i feel better than other people lol. i'm kind of joking about allthat but being dead serious here. polo ralph lauren and polo USPN is not the same brand! your twenty dollar polo ASSN shirts are not the same as ralph lauren-and i can understand if people just can't afford stuff- but what gets me is when they keep the tags on them like they're balling. and if i ever triedto tell em they got bobo polo theyd prolly look at me like i got three heads... but really tho, that's just me. Don't worry about what other people buyeveryone has their own opinion

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

hanes/fruit of the loom undergarments >

Ya'll keep your polo draws. 30+ for some underwear?

can get a 4 pack for 8-10 bucks, walking comfy.
This

because people only buy what they see the next man wear - driving prices up for brand names.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

than dont buy brand names, its your choice

/thread

brand names are fine if da quality is there i got no problem plunkin down cake for ____ cuz i know da quality and consistency is there. that is something thatlasts a hellva lot longer

then trends.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i mean damn...something can be completely doo doo but because ____ made its fashion "forward"
eyes.gif

why is it that a logo can make da same shirt jump 20-40 bucks?
smh.gif

why is it that a car can be BETTER then another car but because _____ didn't make it its slept on?
smh.gif
smh.gif

i really try not to be a brand !+!$#....i look at da quality of something before i like at who made it....THEN if this brand makes consistant quality i'll cop it based on that.

i hate people coppin inferior products because of da "brand name" and i HATE when people try to clown on people when your joint is just as good and not brand name...

discuss.
nerd.gif
Somone caught/clowned you rockin Mossimo gear from Target huh?
-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i mean damn...something can be completely doo doo but because ____ made its fashion "forward"
eyes.gif

why is it that a logo can make da same shirt jump 20-40 bucks?
smh.gif

why is it that a car can be BETTER then another car but because _____ didn't make it its slept on?
smh.gif
smh.gif

i really try not to be a brand !+!$#....i look at da quality of something before i like at who made it....THEN if this brand makes consistant quality i'll cop it based on that.

i hate people coppin inferior products because of da "brand name" and i HATE when people try to clown on people when your joint is just as good and not brand name...

discuss.
nerd.gif
Somone caught/clowned you rockin Mossimo gear from Target huh?
-The Juice
que?

Honestly though Ninja, you would be rocking straight New Balances if you really only cared about quality.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Um it's everywhere, not just America.
Koreans in Gucci/Prada
Dominicans with Iphones/blackberrys
Black people with... whatever they can get their hands on

I'm not gonna debate......I mean w/e. Nothin wrong with a lil luxury every now an then. An more power to the people who can copp luxury like nothin, I meanyou can't take $ to the grave.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Honestly though Ninja, you would be rocking straight New Balances if you really only cared about quality.
yeah.

i've had plenty of new balances before...they were at one time rivalin air forces around here.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I'm not gonna debate......I mean w/e. Nothin wrong with a lil luxury every now an then. An more power to the people who can copp luxury like nothin, I mean you can't take $ to the grave.
That's pretty much what the majority of Asians teach their kids..go to school, do well, get a good job, get paid well, buy what you like,enjoy life. This is pretty much what I plan to do with my life. I personally love LV stuff and high end cars and when money permits, I will buy as please.

Back
Top Bottom