WHY are Americans SUCH brand whoresz??

Originally Posted by shaolin

Originally Posted by ninjahood

quality >> brand

stop! what about all those times you claim domestic cars>>> imports/euros?!
u acting like you can't get MORE wit a chevy for da money you gonna spend on a lexus or a bimmer?

quality >> brand name stands.

i love when people sayin those clunky, trashy lookin 'Lo boots are fly as hell
roll.gif

my god if they weren't Polo a fair amount people wouldn't even consider em
sure they might be good quality but i'm sure there are other great quality boots out there ex. timberlands

I ask myself this question all the time. Then i come to the conclusion, that theres nothing i can do about it. I like to be fashionable, but i dont pay crazyprices for it. Will never buy jeans over 100 dollars, never buy shoes over 150, wont buy a t shirt over 30, wont buy a button up over 60. I paid 400 plus forthe black and varsity red 11's, i didnt even enjoy them, i would walk weird all day just so they wouldnt crease. hahaha

I search for cheap stuff that looks appealing, i feel i have good taste.

B091073-BLKzoom1.jpg
Nice fitted shirt 22
Tan cargos, for 40
WF12911-NVYzoom3.jpg
In all black, $25
$87 for a simple outfit, you can go name brand and shop cheap. Something like this is what i wear on my chill days. with some $20-$40 shades

quality >> brand

u acting like you can't get MORE wit a chevy for da money you gonna spend on a lexus or a bimmer?

your putting chevy quality over lexus and bmw?

When I think of quality... I think of WRANGLER. Always have. You can pay more, but you won't get more. That's my stand onjeans.

Originally Posted by juni0rthe0ne112789

I guess the 4 four sheetrock walls of that shoebox you call home must have been of the best quality
There are 3 things that will withstand the end of the world.....Twinkies, cockroaches, and Ninjahood's crib.

quality >> brand

your putting chevy quality over lexus and bmw?
321507-124587590435946-James-Rickman_origin.jpg

i hate it when people will wear a shirt just because it SCREAMS the brand logo

like, just a plain solid color tee with (insert "high end" brand name) written across the chest in huge letters

i dont even know how much they pay for that, but im sure it's od

It's normal all around the world where people have access to buying these items. I spend extra money on expensive clothes. I don't care what peoplethink about it. But I like it and that's all that matters to me really.

If your talking strictly brand and not trying to be fashionable. ie. To want something just because of what brand it is, is not what most American are like.There are other ethnicities that are way into that. But not the majority of Americans.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

so what brands (t shirts) do you buy ninja?
i don't have a favorite brand wit tees.

i'll cop anything if i like it and its made well. if i can smell likes its over priced i'll steer clear.

Brands and labels are a means of distinguishing yourself from others at least for the masses. Those who make conscious effort in putting together an outfitfor an engagement are trying to send a signal as a representation of their persona. Brands are the simple/lazy way of making such a fashion statement. Instead of taking the time to research a brand and the quality the product, most people (Americans in our case) simply go for the gaudy item such as a"big pony polo" and declare themselves as the SWAG King which is extremely sad. I can't front because I used to be extremely into the hype ofbrands and labels but as I get older I realized that it was just an instrument for the capitalist beast to profit off of the ignorance of the masses.

i'll cop anything if i like it and its made well. if i can smell likes its over priced i'll steer clear.

na seriously, im not tryin to make a point.

I live in a small town. you can buy walmart/target joints, or you go to the mall and buy the name braands you speak of....?

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

sick.gif
at the spelling of *$#*+!.

Americans are brand *$#*+! because many, if not all, are sheep. We see what's perceived as hot on celebrities and just mimmick that look.

/thread. Exactly right. Over 95% of Americans are not celebrities, but over 80% either try to be, think they are, or are infactuated with certaincelebrities. Consequently, what ever they wear, most americans are going to try to wear. These high end companies (BBC,Nike,etc.) know that, so they takeadvantage of these people wanting to be celebrities and jack up the price. They can put the price at however mucht they want to because they know there arepeople willing to pay any amount for that cardigan that pharell was wearing, or the glasses that ye' was wearing last night.

I live in a small town. you can buy walmart/target joints, or you go to the mall and buy the name braands you speak of....?
u not gettin my point.

gildant-shirt-plainblack_1_109181_black_l.jpg

u got 2 plain shirts right here...both created exactly da same, same size and everythin

..if one had a
supreme_logo.gif
and one had a
North_Face_Logo.jpg

why would someone play 20-40 dollars MORE for a label instead of actually inspecting da quality FIRST, regardless of who made it.?

u not gettin my point.

u got 2 plain shirts right here...both created exactly da same, same size and everythin

..if one had a
supreme_logo.gif
and one had a
North_Face_Logo.jpg

why would someone play 20-40 dollars MORE for a label instead of actually inspecting da quality FIRST, regardless of who made it.?
I got you though, they're putting status over quality. they wanna be in, cool, hip.

Back
Top Bottom